What's new

End of 2015 MKX Tier list - UK Edition

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Halfway through the video so just finished the A+ section. Some interesting points regarding Mileena but will save my response for the next HMK. Although i commend you guys for explaining the reasoning of a chatacter's placement.

Ant perez

PerezGomez
I'm not sure about the mileena placement,but I respect your guys opinions lol she's A tier imo,can't see her being better than Erron,Kung Jin,scorpion or Sonya

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
I will start with king jin, who has a tool for like every situation. Me and Slayer (two of the only kjs still at events) both believe at worst he is like 13th, so I believe he is too low. His footsies, safety, pressure, conversion capability, and etc. are too good to be that low imo @PND_Ketchup
Thank you for making me believe again that Kung Jin isn't the 22nd best (or is it the 7th worst?) in the game.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Not a bad list, but some characters are in the wrong spots imo.

Shinnok should be in S, Kano and Mileena in A and Erron and Kung Jin in A+. I haven't finished listening so my thoughts may change.

Edit: I think Sonya could also move up to A+.

I will start with king jin, who has a tool for like every situation. Me and Slayer (two of the only kjs still at events) both believe at worst he is like 13th, so I believe he is too low. His footsies, safety, pressure, conversion capability, and etc. are too good to be that low imo @PND_Ketchup
Strictly speaking of shaolin, right?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
That's bc there are very very few players who have the execution and have put the time in. In his dragon stance he is IMO
Well i play @EMPR_MURK on a daily basis, he doesnt require that much execution, and is good but not top 5. I disagree with alot of this list and here are 5 charachters def better than liu.
Quan,Lao,Tanya,Predator, Shinnok

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Can you please explain Predator and Shinnok being better than LK?
Sure, Shinnok has good spacing , mixups, pressure, and better zoning, jumping on shinnok is like suicide, and he has more setups, his scoop reaches from almost full screen, so he can literally punish you almost full screen for counter zoning, he has a 7 frame low, he has advancing mids, his ex hellsparks are plus 14, thats why. Predator, has possibly the best zoning in the game, has also plus cancels, mixups, damage, all predator really suffers from is a bad wakeup, but it reaches really far and can be used to punish wiffed moves, he has advancing mids that are just dumb, he low projectile is only -3, etc. liu kang is good but his zoning is no where near as good as well as his full screen options.Also liu hang doesnt have any advancing mids, also liu projectiles are really negative.Also predator and shinnok have way better pokes, lius pokes are ass, shinnok and pred have the best d4 in the game.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@PND_Ketchup , i havent listened to you video, but thats actually a pretty solid tier list guys.

Only thing that is bothering me is the placement of EB, but thats just because SF was destroying everyone with him since MKX was released.

Other than that, pretty good tier list, probably the most solid one until now.

Tweedy

Noob
Yeah, Kung Jin was the weird one to me. I was just waiting for a top player to say it. :p

I want to know if this tier lis tis composed with the BEST variation in mind or was there a lottery system (aka, the old fashioned way of doing tier lists) because some of these placements are a little iffy.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Hey folks!

All opinions are our own, this list is obviously up for debate.

The end of 2015 is on our doorstep. Due to popular demand, some of the UK MKX scene decided to come together and sum up the end of this year with a tier list for Mortal Kombat X.

A handful of characters were somewhat undecided. Jax could potentially be S, Sonya could very well be A+ and Tremor could be S+. This is discussed in the video.

You can find a video of us discussion in depth every single character and why they are in the placements we selected:

We thoroughly recommend you watch the video first, or at least listen to the portions of characters you're confused about. It will prevent us from answering questions that have already been answered. Check it out below:

This video is Podcast style and is lengthy because of it. For those that only want to know our opinions on certain characters, your timestamps are as follows:

In no particular order:

S+ = The best characters in the game, those that are a cut above the rest.

Kung Lao - 01:00
Liu Kang - 02:59
Tanya - 06:50
Quan Chi - 08:50

S = Not quite the best in the game, but amazingly strong and way better than above average.

Tremor (Could perhaps be s+) - 13:00
Cassie Cage - 14:40
Johnny Cage - 16:05
Predator - 17:25
Sub Zero - 20:33

A+ = Well above average

Jax (Could perhaps be S) - 23:40
Takeda - 27:25
Shinnok -29:25
Reptile - 33:27
Dvorah - 35:15
Kano - 36:19
Kitana - 39:45
Kotal Kahn - 41:24
Mileena - 45:55

A = Well rounded but has certain faults. Making them very balanced.

Erron Black - 49:45
Ermac - 51:49
Kung Jin - 53:30
Scorpion - 55:33
Sonya (Could perhaps be A+) - 58:43
Raiden - 01:02:24

B = Below Average and has faults.

Goro - 01:09:15
Ferra Torr - 01:11:45
Jacqui Briggs - 01:13:25

C = Lacking in many areas and has serious faults.

Jason - 01:18:35
Kenshi - 01:20:32

Considering this list hasn't even been on Twitter for 30 minutes and I've already been bombarded with salty tears from people that disagree with certain placements, I would like to remind you all that this is our opinion only.

Thanks to @UsedForGlue @Undeadjim and @afoxygrampa for helping with this.
I agree with most of this. Thank you for a legit alt tier list.

Yeah, ppl keep forgetting about shaolin KJ (which I always thought was his best and now many KJs see why)
I honestly feel like Ancestral can serve to be much better in the long run (and I think i'm the ONLY ONE on here who believes that). Air to Air conversions are strong with KJ and he can get some pretty good damage off of anything. Best anti airs, string pressures, nice restands and the fact that he can do anything in Ancestral (at the risk of losing a few meter/s,) only serves the purpose of his gameplay there.

Shaolin is good though no doubt.