What's new

End of 2015 MKX Tier list - UK Edition

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
She doesn't have to lay anything on the line. Piercing B12 is one of the better strings in this game.

Like we said, Mileena is only as risky as you make her, she has excellent moves for conditioning the opponent, reasonable zoning in her ground sai, counter zoning with ball roll and telekick, or even low sai if she can get under the projectile.

Meterless anti air with ball roll.

She ticks a lot of boxes, and THEN you can add her risky side on top of it in a situation where it make sense.

Oh yeah and also her corner restand game is pretty rediculous too LBSH.
I'm legit like the only one that agrees lmao. You really ARE only as risky as you make her out to be.

-Her normals are safe and/or plus. Mind you, she doesn't NEED to utilize half of her strings.
-You don't NEED to use EXroll on already safe strings
-This is NOT a slam at all towards the Mileena community, but truthfully, NO ONE does her optimal bnbs. No one capitalizes on her meter building and positioning, as well as OKI game.

However, she does need some fixes on useless frames that literally shouldn't exist. These are fixes, not buffs. The only true "buff" that would be great because she DOES need something other than roll as a counter-poke, is a faster d1 or d3, and with range too. Her d1 as it is is still awful and 9 frames. And f44 is on soem bs frame data too

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I would move Sonya to A+, she isn't an easy character to deal with overall, lighting fast run speed, insane Oh/low mixups, insane corner game. And she is one of the very few characters who i see taking advantage of the mb throw reset in the corner.

Very underrated character IMO, she is much better than lot of down players give her credit for.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Mileena is a fantastic character (way better than garbage Erron Black, Sonya, and Kung Jin) and I'm glad she's finally getting the recognition she deserves by the UK boys. Great list, agree with everything 100%.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I'm glad we're pass the days where people thought she was bottom 5 and I'm inclined to agree with her placement but I feel that characters like Kung Jin, erron, and Sonya are better then her. However the more I fleshout the character the more I'm starting to see just how much potential she truly has.

"Mileena has meterless AA with roll"

You say that like it's universal. It's not. SEVERAL jump kicks and even jump in punches out prioritize ball roll. The ability to even attempt an anti air roll is entirely matchup specific. Against Kung Jin, who is apparently worse than Mileena for some reason.. You get full punished for trying to hit him if he jumps at you.

"She doesn't need to use half of her strings."

That's not an argument in favor of proving she's good. She has a ridiculous amount of strings that are completely worthless. They obviously felt like they needed to give her things that would mesh well with her play style. The strings they gave her don't do that.

"People don't even use her optimal BnBs"

Yes they do, her optimal BnBs aren't even the same thing in every matchup because against certain opponents a juggle into TK air sai will completely wiff. Not to mention her highest damage midscreen BnB was taken out of the game completely.

People that still think she's a mind Fxxk still haven't figured out that this is only true if she's right in your face and she has meter, but she doesn't really have a great way to even gain a meter advantage outside of getting her ass kicked because IAS sucks in this game.

Regular teleport kick, if I'm not mistaken, does not give anywhere near the hit advantage as it did in MK9 but is equally as punishable. You don't even need to respect it that much.

B12 in piercing is great. EX Roll and regular roll are also good. Standing 4 and F1 are good for oki, and she has good corner damage. That's not enough to put her in A+

Her tournament placings will speak for themselves. Characters deemed worse than her will continue to consistently place above her.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Mileena is a fantastic character (way better than garbage Erron Black, Sonya, and Kung Jin) and I'm glad she's finally getting the recognition she deserves by the UK boys. Great list, agree with everything 100%.
Fun fact:

The first thing this guy did was cry relentlessly to me on Twitter when I shared the tier list. You can tell he isn't salty in the absolute slightest that people on the internet have a different opinion to him.

zaf

professor
With the delays @zaf, can't you just wait until Shinnok moves, and then do a fuzzy input?
No. The delays are a counter to people who fuzzy guard.

Like, to fuzzy you need to let go of down after a certain point to block the overhead. It is during this fuzzy that you mess them up.

The best way to do this is to record shinnok doing it to you, so you can learn how to fuzzy it. This way you can understand the timing that your opponent is doing.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Fun fact:

The first thing this guy did was cry relentlessly to me on Twitter when I shared the tier list. You can tell he isn't salty in the absolute slightest that people on the internet have a different opinion to him.
I would never do such a thing!

PND_Ketchup

Nevermind
What made shinnok annoying before was his f4 string guaranteed hellsparks. The act he gets hellsparks into f4 after a string with two highs doesn't really change much IMO.

Shinnok isn't getting 112 hellsparks in the neutral. He WAS getting the F4 string in BS in the neutral.

PND_Ketchup

Your opinions do matter number 1 to nrs more then you think.
There is a reason quan got 6 frame d1 spoiler. Number 2 saltface mainly got put out by yomi everytime. Want to know why? Yomi no the god dam match up ala there tier list tools open your eyes. I congratulated glue but he's pretty new to Mileena and did well when madzin and foxy weren't involved lol, to ppl who CLEARLY didn't know the match up.

It's like you guys think just cause someone's top 8 in majors or ESL they know about characters never played.
Or it's like you've spent 7 months convincing yourself she's absolutely dreadful, so now you're panicking and throwing your toys out of the pram because some players have proposed the idea that she may actually be good.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I really don't buy Sonya being that low. I really want to say predator is up there with Lao and Tanya but that could just be the salt in me talking, I despise HQT

Tweedy

Noob
No. The delays are a counter to people who fuzzy guard.

Like, to fuzzy you need to let go of down after a certain point to block the overhead. It is during this fuzzy that you mess them up.

The best way to do this is to record shinnok doing it to you, so you can learn how to fuzzy it. This way you can understand the timing that your opponent is doing.
Yeah, I understand.

What i'm saying is that if you fuzzy optimally, you're not just waiting for a certain time to block low and release, you should ideally be waiting for the character to move, right? You see the character move, let go of low block, having already blocked the low, and block the overhead. So delays, in theory, shouldn't matter.

Again, in theory. I haven't played vs any Shinnok's that delay like that.

Edit: When I first published my post, there were some errors that made it seem weird and confusing. Should be fine now haha.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think Erron Black and Sonya are better than Kano, Mileena, and Kitana. As far as Kano goes, I'm glad to hear your explainations. Cutthroat is pretty good and definitely underrated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even when Mileena is plus, she can't capitalize on it without risking a ball roll?

zaf

professor
Yeah, I understand.

What i'm saying is that if you fuzzy optimally, you're not just waiting for a certain time to block low and release, you should ideally be waiting for the character to move, right? You see the character move, let go of low block, having already blocked the low, and block the overhead. So delays, in theory, shouldn't matter.

Again, in theory. I haven't played vs any Shinnok's that delay like that.

Edit: When I first published my post, there were some errors that made it seem weird and confusing. Should be fine now haha.
Naw it does not really work like that at all.
Delays work. I feel like I get hits more with delays