What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
After the second F44 are you WRCing or just running?
Because I just tested it (with a WRC) and it seems to do the same damage as the one I posted (45%).
Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Even If they are the same damage, yours, is way easier though and more consistent :)
thx

Edit #2: Ok checked again it seems that yours deals 44%
But If I end it with F341+3 it deals 45%
Still, your ender is a bit easier
WGCing.

And I posted the wrong combo lol. Its F11 EX Wasp F44 F44 F42 b12 air throw that does 50%

Zoidberg uses venomous, so the ovi at the end adds some poison damage which makes the difference I believe. For SQ, the hard knockdown is definitely preferable.
I was talking SQ. I wish I had EX Wasp in venomous lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How are you guys doing the gernade cancels in combos? I can do the fireball cancels fairly easy with Liu Kang combos but they seem impossible with D'Vorah unless I'm doing something wrong. The B1 wasp cancel specifically.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
How are you guys doing the gernade cancels in combos? I can do the fireball cancels fairly easy with Liu Kang combos but they seem impossible with D'Vorah unless I'm doing something wrong. The B1 wasp cancel specifically.
I made a vid on it that I posted in the last page(also made a thread on it in this forum) that has helped some people. It only uses f22 as an example but I was able to do b1s right after I got f22 down doing what I did in the vid.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I like the character but I was not sure if I was 100% sold on it but I am 100% sold on the community. I like Venomous but that damage it rubs me the wrong way. I don't really like spending meter for combos under 40% however it seems with venomous i am spending meter for even 30%. Swam Queen seems more up my ally but I don't know. I feel torn.
The only combo using meter is from 212. You get 29 meterless with 212, F44, F112 Charge. The meter version is 212 Ex Puddle, Njp, Jp2, F22 Charge. That does 33% PLUS 7.5% in venom, so it's 40+ for a bar.

Everything else is opening them up with pokes and F2, and poison and grabs.

Train

Noob
hey guys... I wanted to play Venomous variation, but I can't any setups/combos for that variation. I know there is not much combos for Venomous, but at lest some setup/wortex option ? thanks

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
hey guys... I wanted to play Venomous variation, but I can't any setups/combos for that variation. I know there is not much combos for Venomous, but at lest some setup/wortex option ? thanks
If you scroll up or go back a few pages on this thread you'll find some, I had the same problem & a couple of good guys helped me out.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The only vortex she gets is in the corner with b1/f22 into spray.

PlaHoY

Noob
Hello guys!
Can you help me with corner combo from NJP starter. Swarm queen variation. I can do around 30% percent, but I think it's not a limit)

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Hello guys!
Can you help me with corner combo from NJP starter. Swarm queen variation. I can do around 30% percent, but I think it's not a limit)
I usually just do f44 f44 xx db4 which is 30%, but if my memory is correct f44, f44 WC b12 air throw does 36% though its really tight from what I remember

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Since I cant sleep, here's two vids showing the 50/50 blockstring. AI reversal set to Cassie's Power Flip which is a 6 frame armored move.

Getting pretty good at this. Oddly enough f22 is a lottttttttttttt harder than b1 if you want to hit them while they're still jailed, but the timing for it gets pretty smooth after a while.

Going low

Going overhead

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Since I cant sleep, here's two vids showing the 50/50 blockstring. AI reversal set to Cassie's Power Flip which is a 6 frame armored move.

Getting pretty good at this. Oddly enough f22 is a lottttttttttttt harder than b1 if you want to hit them while they're still jailed, but the timing for it gets pretty smooth after a while.

Going low

Going overhead
I was able to pull off that F112 wc b1 about 4 times 2 weeks ago. And then my hitbox broke the next day... :(

Tyrant let me borrow his extra hitbox, but I haven't practiced it. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Also, how consistent do you get it? The stamina is a bitch on this one. But its damn good. The F22 one is easy.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I was able to pull off that F112 wc b1 about 4 times 2 weeks ago. And then my hitbox broke the next day... :(

Tyrant let me borrow his extra hitbox, but I haven't practiced it. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Also, how consistent do you get it? The stamina is a bitch on this one. But its damn good. The F22 one is easy.
So yesterday I could only do it maybe 2/10 times, but today I figured out what I was doing wrong and got 7/10 times the majority of the times I counted and tried. Its surprisingly fluid on a pad

Once I figured out that I wasn't hitting 1 fast enough for the b1, it became so much easier and a nice quick fix. I thought I wasn't hitting back fast enough, but it was the reverse lol.

Oh and I have the f22 down 100%, that was another surprisingly quick fix. Even though its 1 frame all I have to do is flick my thumb over to 2 while holding forward and it hits before they can reversal every time.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
So yesterday I could only do it maybe 2/10 times, but today I figured out what I was doing wrong and got 7/10 times the majority of the times I counted and tried. Its surprisingly fluid on a pad

Once I figured out that I wasn't hitting 1 fast enough for the b1, it became so much easier and a nice quick fix. I thought I wasn't hitting back fast enough, but it was the reverse lol.

Oh and I have the f22 down 100%, that was another surprisingly quick fix. Even though its 1 frame all I have to do is flick my thumb over to 2 while holding forward and it hits before they can reversal every time.
Yeah, I'm gonna keep trying until I figure something out.

For me the fact that I have to press forward to run, and then B1 after that makes it hard.

When I try to do it fast, I get d1 because I still have to hit b1df for the wc.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Yeah, I'm gonna keep trying until I figure something out.

For me the fact that I have to press forward to run, and then B1 after that makes it hard.

When I try to do it fast, I get d1 because I still have to hit b1df for the wc.
I wish I used a hitbox so I could help you out :(

I think its mostly just finding a fluid motion all the way through though, not about timing at all. Its one of those things where once you find the motion from start to finish, consistency quickly follows.

Good luck man!

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
its actually harder on hitbox because when you hit back right after forward, if you hold forward just slightly the back won't register and you get neutral due to the SOCD cleaner in the hitbox. The SOCD cleaner won't let you hold forward and back at the same time or up and down at the same time. If any of those directions slightly overlap it registers as neutral in game.