What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I don't know if this will work for b1 wasp cancel, but I found out accidentally that off of f22 wasp cancel, if you enter f+block+4 simultaneously as the last input of the run cancel you get f4 to come out instantly. Never tried it with back 1 because trying to hit block and 4 at the same time while holding one is like playing twister with my fingers on my stick setup.
I do the cancel as early as possible so I don't get to do the fun f+block+normal shortcut ;-:

Twister with your fingers made me crack up for some reason. Are you going to TCW btw? Hope you can make it man. If not I guess I'll see you at ECT!

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I do the cancel as early as possible so I don't get to do the fun f+block+normal shortcut ;-:

Twister with your fingers made me crack up for some reason. Are you going to TCW btw? Hope you can make it man. If not I guess I'll see you at ECT!
I will be going to ECT. Cant make TCW because I have other obligations that weekend.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
F11 WGC F44 in the corner is frekan insane. I can get like 38-40 I think from F11 WGC F44, F44, 21U3. Probably could hit up more damage with a third f44 into a string, but I can't link it.

Drunken Llama

Some Random
I noticed that during his on stream matches, PimPimJim was doing double swam vortexes in his combos. He's was doing 212, db1, db1 f(3)4, b12. In that string the 3 of the f3,4 would whiff. I don't know if by doing that if the damage scaling gets reduced and therefore increases damage. I am just trying to figure out why he kept doing it. I tried it at home but I couldn't get the 3 to whiff and I was getting about 30%, so it didn't seem like an optimal combo. Any one have any ideas.
I noticed he was ending his combos in 21u3~air throw instead of b12~air throw So I tried it out. Doing the 21u3 off of the f34 seems really inconsistent. Depending on spacing and opponent height the throw or even the flip kick misses. I'm guessing whiffing the f3 is what lets him get the finish consistently from that setup.

From standing neutral position f34-b12~air throw gets 23%. A f34 - 21u3~air throw gets 27%, if you whiff the f3 it gets 25%.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Here's a 49% 1 meter midscreen to corner. Works everywhere on every map even if you have to jump over your opponent in an awkward spot, so it covers the issues you can run into when you cant run your opponent to the corner. The wasp cancel makes it almost undroppable since you should always pop them up enough on the last f44 with it to connect the ender, and depending on the distance you might have no choice but to do it to get them closer to the corner, so I don't recommend removing it unless you hit your 2nd f44 perfect(not wasp canceling nets you some extra damage too)

Edit: If you DO hit them too low it's 48% with b12 throw instead of 21u3 throw.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Thanks man.

Yeah that would be sweet to have available for everyone. If you want any input or help just let me know!
Well I was thinking of doing a general guide, just to put everything in one place for existing and new D'vorah players. Unless someone else wants to do lol.

Any and all input would be helpful. Especially what you and others would think should be in the guide.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well I was thinking of doing a general guide, just to put everything in one place for existing and new D'vorah players. Unless someone else wants to do lol.

Any and all input would be helpful. Especially what you and others would think should be in the guide.
Cool. I'll start writing some stuff up over the next couple days/weeks and send it to you, that you can pick things out that I wrote and dump the rest of it if it overlaps or is incorrect.

Only stuff I can think of that should be in it is wc explanations, optimized & beginner combos, pressure, the 50/50 block string, setups, and general gameplay advice.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Cool. I'll start writing some stuff up over the next couple days/weeks and send it to you, that you can pick things out that I wrote and dump the rest of it if it overlaps or is incorrect.

Only stuff I can think of that should be in it is wc explanations, optimized & beginner combos, pressure, the 50/50 block string, setups, and general gameplay advice.
Will do

Inception

I love Kitana
I like the character but I was not sure if I was 100% sold on it but I am 100% sold on the community. I like Venomous but that damage it rubs me the wrong way. I don't really like spending meter for combos under 40% however it seems with venomous i am spending meter for even 30%. Swam Queen seems more up my ally but I don't know. I feel torn.

I like the character but I was not sure if I was 100% sold on it but I am 100% sold on the community. I like Venomous but that damage it rubs me the wrong way. I don't really like spending meter for combos under 40% however it seems with venomous i am spending meter for even 30%. Swam Queen seems more up my ally but I don't know. I feel torn.
if you are spending meter for 30 percent in venomous then you are doing it wrong

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Venomous is less about damage and more about footsies and mixups. Think about her as a hit and run character.

dittO

Noob
Not sure If this has been posted:
F11 xx EX Wasp, JI1 (or 2), F44, F44 xx Wasp Run Cancel, F341+3 = 45% (anywhere on screen)
Timing on the run cancel may be a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it can become pretty consistent.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Not sure If this has been posted:
F11 xx EX Wasp, JI1 (or 2), F44, F44 xx Wasp Run Cancel, F341+3 = 45% (anywhere on screen)
Timing on the run cancel may be a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it can become pretty consistent.
This is a better one: f11 EX Wasp J1 F44 F44 run cancel F44 ovipositor. Does close to 50%.

dittO

Noob
This is a better one: f11 EX Wasp J1 F44 F44 run cancel F44 ovipositor. Does close to 50%.
After the second F44 are you WRCing or just running?
Because I just tested it (with a WRC) and it seems to do the same damage as the one I posted (45%).
Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Even If they are the same damage, yours, is way easier though and more consistent :)
thx

Edit #2: Ok checked again it seems that yours deals 44%
But If I end it with F341+3 it deals 45%
Still, your ender is a bit easier

Last edited:

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
After the second F44 are you WRCing or just running?
Because I just tested it (with a WRC) and it seems to do the same damage as the one I posted (45%).
Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Even If they are the same damage, yours, is way easier though and more consistent :)
thx

Edit #2: Ok checked again it seems that yours deals 44%
But If I end it with F341+3 it deals 45%
Still, your ender is a bit easier
Zoidberg uses venomous, so the ovi at the end adds some poison damage which makes the difference I believe. For SQ, the hard knockdown is definitely preferable.

delbuster

hungry
Here's a 49% 1 meter midscreen to corner. Works everywhere on every map even if you have to jump over your opponent in an awkward spot, so it covers the issues you can run into when you cant run your opponent to the corner. The wasp cancel makes it almost undroppable since you should always pop them up enough on the last f44 with it to connect the ender, and depending on the distance you might have no choice but to do it to get them closer to the corner, so I don't recommend removing it unless you hit your 2nd f44 perfect(not wasp canceling nets you some extra damage too)

Edit: If you DO hit them too low it's 48% with b12 throw instead of 21u3 throw.
this is ballistic. yo this is too good. my roommate has a corner setup that he can now do from midscreen. props