What's new

Breakthrough - Aftershock DR's "Abysmal" Tremor 100% 2 Bar Throw Tech Setup

So how does tremor get space and get enough meter to do these setups? These are cute but that meter usage and the situational factor makes the underlying tone of the argument just silly, im sorry. Is it practical? Sure it could happen but it would be extremely hype because of how unlikely it is.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So how does tremor get space and get enough meter to do these setups? These are cute but that meter usage and the situational factor makes the underlying tone of the argument just silly, im sorry. Is it practical? Sure it could happen but it would be extremely hype because of how unlikely it is.
Practicality is not that important.

Practicality is not that important.
My point was this is unlikely to happen in a match due to meter usage, delayed wake up, or even wake up attacks. Could it happen? Yes. Will it happen? unlikely, but inventing ways to get guarenteed results with this type of setup can prove otherwise. This isnt some mk9 jax corner infinite 100% unless someone flushes it out further into one. Using another meter to absorb a wakeup attack is cool but then your setup only works in the corner with full meter and even then only against half the cast that doesnt have specials that put them into the air or multihit wakeup options. This is cool tech though and potentially usable on an unaware opponent. Could also be used as a bait then used for full combo after conditioning your opponent.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How good does tremor build meter and how easy does he get you in the corner? I haven't downloaded yet
Tremor can easily build meter from a distance with his lighting fast projectiles. You can spam b,f+2, which starts up in 38 frames, and b,f+4, which starts up in 25 frames. Also, d,b+3 only starts up in 47 frames.

As far as pushing opponents into the corner, I was informed that Tremor has "Doomsday offense" in Crystalline. Have you ever seen how WhiteBoi and Noobe bully opponents into the corner with Doomsday in Injustice? I would imagine that Tremor can do the exact same thing.

Keep reading the Tremor forums for more accurate information.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Very nice demonstration--BUT, good luck pulling it off against competent opponents.

That being said--I don't think Tremor is as bad as some people are making him out to be. Besides, he's only been out for 3 DAYS! Not nearly enough time to make a judgment call yet, especially since we'll probably get another patch sooner than later.

Lol NRS. It shouldn't be that fucking hard to make sure broke shit like this doesn't exist. I'm sure a few patches later he'll be fine until we release broken Rain, broken Fujin and broken Xenomorph lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Its a mind game, like someone mentioned before.

Read a wake-up, block and punish.
Read a jump out, do a string
Read a block, throw into 60% damage
Read a delay wake-up, NJP or string into db2d for the hard to block
Exactly!

Like... everything has to be some super safe, guaranteed, hard to block thing. God forbid you have to think...

This mentality is everywhere in MKX, it's ridiculous.

This just absolutely proves nrs has no idea what they are doing. After the tanya fiasco we got predator and although he hasnt seen much tournament play yet we already know hes gonna get nerfed. Now they give us this broken monster called tremor with pretty much unblockable resets and more zoning options than a rushdown character ever needs. Big nerf incoming guys, prepare to be butthurt when the next tournaments top 8 looks like ceo but with tremor. I think weve played enough mkx to know where a character is at in the tiers on day 3.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ Sh1nkobi: Disagree, if NRS had no idea what they were doing there wouldn't have been 1200 people at evo...

Secondly, This isn't even that BIG of a deal in broken terms, as something that can't be easily exploited, it's situational, can be read, escaped and you must be in the corner. That and if you have meter, just break out of it. If this could be done anywhere mid screen i'd feel differently. Otherwise I don't see a need for a nerf, his start ups on moves aren't exactly fast...Honestly, if people are ok with Scorp's easy vortex in Inferno which mind you can be done anywhere, no reason this should be touched.

Tremor is far from broken....besides if it's an issue, they'll patch or hotfix it no doubt.

Last edited:
@ Sh1nkobi: Disagree, if NRS had no idea what they were doing there wouldn't have been 1200 people at evo...

Secondly, This isn't even that BIG of a deal in broken terms, as something that can't be easily exploited, it's situational, can be read, escaped and you must be in the corner. That and if you have meter, just break out of it. If this could be done anywhere mid screen i'd feel differently. Otherwise I don't see a need for a nerf, his start ups on moves aren't exactly fast...Honestly, if people are ok with Scorp's easy vortex in Inferno which mind you can be done anywhere, no reason this should be touched.

Tremor is far from broken....besides if it's an issue, they'll patch or hotfix it no doubt.
Didnt catch my sarcasm after my previous post? Am I that convincing? Im getting good enough I could pass as one of the knee jerk people lol. Maybe too much time spent on tym.

Last edited: