What's new

Breakthrough - Aftershock DR's "Abysmal" Tremor 100% 2 Bar Throw Tech Setup

fobley

Noob
He's only been out recently. Let's allow the character to rock first.

We can't just stone him yet based on his apparent faults! We need to ground our expectations and build off of his foundations. Who knows, he might be a solid character down the line.

It only takes one person to summit the mountain of hardship which NRS set before us. And so I say to all the haters, go take a hike somewhere else OKAY?!

:DOGE

Last edited:
But for real why do people still listen to and agree with M2Dave every time he says something. It blows my mind how many times he has been wrong and how some people still just agree with everything he says. I guess history repeats itself isn't an expression for nothing.

D. R.

Noob
NRS can take my Kotal Kahn Sun Ray tech,
NRS can inevitably nerf my dude BS Shinnok back to oblivion,

But NRS can not stop D. R.

This only works if they tech roll and do NOT wake up. If you grab when they don't tech roll, you cannot combo afterwards (they are too far away for the damage to link as one combo). Its pretty situational, but the potential is there! Nice find.
Tremor's 123 string ends so fast he can do virtually anything he wants in the corner after it. Also 123 xx EN dd1 is safe if done right. He can backdash for free and run back in for pressure or do 21 xx EN dd1 which gives optimum time to flash parry a wake up attempt for massive damage if he has the meter to burn. ALSO, he can do 123, jump back air EN dd1 for an easy, damaging wake up attempt punish. Dudes sick and I've only scratched the surface. You're playing the wrong variation brah.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Because the people who shout the loudest get their voices heard the most I'm afraid. Though Tremor still may have a rough time in neutral, a point Dave was trying to make. Then again, I think people don't really wanna play anything but top tier at this point with the exception of few.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

Saw this on Facebook

Credit: DR

Attention: @General M2Dave

Setup got me ROCK hard
I wish Cyrax's "resets" were like Tremor's. I would have probably had more top 8 placements in Mortal Kombat 9.

Anyway, the throw is not guaranteed after tech rolling. You can jump or perform an armored EX special move after tech rolling. You can also stay on the ground (i.e., not tech roll) or delay your wake up. If you stay on the ground or delay your wake up, Tremor is unable to combo even if you are thrown. The reason being is that this specific set up only functions when the EX earth shake interrupts the throw's animation in its early frames. Both characters are knocked away from each other otherwise.

Inputs please?
The rock drop aside, the initial set up is b+3,2 xx d,b+2,d, f+3 xx d,b+2,u, f+3 xx d,b+2,u, 1,2,3 xx EX earth shake. Then when your opponent tech rolls, go for a throw.

This "reset" is in reality not a reset. It is more like a set up. An ABYSMAL set up.

@Pig Of The Hut , you owe me 15 minutes of my life for testing this garbage.

D. R.

Noob
I wish Cyrax's "resets" were like Tremor's. I would have probably had more top 8 placements in Mortal Kombat 9.

Anyway, the throw is not guaranteed after tech rolling. You can jump or perform an armored EX special move after tech rolling. You can also stay on the ground (i.e., not tech roll) or delay your wake up. If you stay on the ground or delay your wake up, Tremor is unable to combo even if you are thrown. The reason being is that this specific set up only functions when the EX earth shake interrupts the throw's animation in its early frames. Both characters are knocked away from each other otherwise.

The rock drop aside, the initial set up is b+3,2 xx d,b+2,d, f+3 xx d,b+2,u, f+3 xx d,b+2,u, 1,2,3 xx EX earth shake. Then when your opponent tech rolls, go for a throw.

This "reset" is in reality not a reset. It is more like a set up. An ABYSMAL set up.

@Pig Of The Hut , you owe me 15 minutes of my life for testing this garbage.
You should scroll up about two posts and read what else I posted.

Or sit with your thumb up your ass critiquing other people's attempts at a day old character because you lack the mental capacity to come up with such things out the gate like me. Less then 2 hours spent with the character in total, let that sink in. Where you at Dave? WHERE YOU AT? I thought this was gonna be "your" baby but instead all I see is nonstop bitching from your end. You are a relic of a time forgotten sir.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You should scroll up about two posts and read what else I posted.

Or sit with your thumb up your ass critiquing other people's attempts at a day old character because you lack the mental capacity to come up with such things out the gate like me. Less then 2 hours spent with the character in total, let that sink in. Where you at Dave? WHERE YOU AT? I thought this was gonna be "your" baby but instead all I see is nonstop bitching from your end. You are a relic of a time forgotten sir.
I respect your work, but none of you have addressed my points about the character's weaknesses - weak footsies, zoning, and mix up game. You are simply posting mediocre set ups and falsely labeling them as resets in your videos. All I am saying is that if he had faster projectiles and normal attacks, he would probably be a very good character, yet you are justifying a horrendous and worthless special move like b,f+2.

D. R.

Noob
I respect your work, but none of you have addressed my points about the character's weaknesses - weak footsies, zoning, and mix up game. You are simply posting mediocre set ups and falsely labeling them as resets in your videos. All I am saying is that if he had faster projectiles and normal attacks, he would probably be a very good character, yet you are justifying a horrendous and worthless special move like b,f+2.
What the fuck are you even talking about!!?

Lmao Do you live in LalaDavey Land? No where did I mention it was a reset in my video. It's throw tech, similar to Predator and Sub Zero. Also, when did I mention bf2? Dude, you are literally speaking out of your ass right now. You should stop.

Now work with what you got here. I have it almost optimized.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Aww I found this yesterday and was gonna do a different combo from it! lol
YOu can do
earthshake Rock Ji2 21D4 Overhead slam B2 db2 launch Njp2 Ji3 F121 EX earthshake grab 21d4 Overheadsmash B2 Db2 launch Njp2 B2 db2 EX ground pound