What's new

Does it bug you that some x-rays do not make sense?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Like Sub-Zero removing someones liver twice.

Or doing a move that damages cyber-subs skull even though you see his brain exposed.

Or perhaps doing rains x-ray on Jax's metal arms?

Maybe Barakas brutal eye socket, throat stab seem like a fatality?

And Kitanas on a female appear to go through their entire skull and brain, probably not intended but DAMN.

Maybe a vomiting robot does not make sense when you x-ray with noob?

How would Kenshi be affected by Strykers flashlight anyway?

I know its mortal kombat and it may be for gameplay purposes, but it kinda bugs me when these things happen.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Ed Boon said Kenshi can still see light.

The robots are Cyborgs. Half Human and Half Robot.

The rest idk...

tweek

Noob
I get those thoughts from time to time but then again I recall the brutalities in MK Trilogy where you could see dozens of limbs and heads and whatnots dropping from a single character. Not to mention the gallons of blood that accompanied it. It's just a part of the game. It might be odd at times, but god I love it :)

Sasuga

Noob
That's not even a liver; there is no actual organ there. :)

It doesn't really bother me for the x-rays but I've always wondered about Johnny Cage's split punch, expecially when performed on female characters... Could they not have given him another move altogether..?

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired

Or doing a move that damages cyber-subs skull even though you see his brain exposed.

Or perhaps doing rains x-ray on Jax's metal arms?

Maybe Barakas brutal eye socket, throat stab seem like a fatality?

And Kitanas on a female appear to go through their entire skull and brain, probably not intended but DAMN.

Maybe a vomiting robot does not make sense when you x-ray with noob?

How would Kenshi be affected by Strykers flashlight anyway?

I know its mortal kombat and it may be for gameplay purposes, but it kinda bugs me when these things happen.
If those things bother you what about these ones :

Walking talking dead people (Scorpion + Noob)
Walking talking lizard people (Reptile)
Four armed people (Goro + Kintaro + Sheeva)
People creating ice out of ther fingers (Sub Zero)
People creating water out of ther fingers (Rain)
People turning into Dragons (Liu Kang)
People turning into canon balls and propelling themselves in any direction (Kano)
People flying (Ermac + Sindel)
People who steal souls (Shang Tsung)
People who raise the dead (Quan Chi)
Robots/Cyborgs (Cyrax + Sektor + CSZ)

Thats just a small list off the top of my head of things that don't make sense in this game.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
The only thing that really bugs me is that in Liu Kang's X-Ray, the uppercut cracks their skull, but when they fall back down and he does the kick the skull's back to normal.

That seriously bothers me more than the fact that people survive getting impaled through their eye sockets.

My favorite part of this thread is the fact that no one cares to comment on the madness that is a universe where the only way people solve there problems is by beating each other to death.

Sasuga

Noob
My favorite part of this thread is the fact that no one cares to comment on the madness that is a universe where the only way people solve there problems is by beating each other to death.
No, they are warriors. If they didn't fight, -that- would be a problem. :)

We love this madness. This is MK.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon

People turning into canon balls and propelling themselves in any direction (Kano)
To be fair, it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare something that's an intended part of the game's fiction (like lizard people) with something that's only there because the MK9 team decided it wasn't worth the trouble to bother with it (Cyber Sub's inconsistently present skull).

I would have liked to see some more character-specific attention to detail in the X-Rays and fatalities, but I understand why they didn't want to spend the time and money.

At least the decapitated corpses actually fall over this time. Remember how bullshit some of those MK3 era fatality animations were?

I feel like they just didn't think anyone would notice or really care. They had the gameplay on their minds, not the fatalities.

For instance, it wouldn't have been hard for Sheeva to lose all four arms during a fatality. Every time I perform Kitana's fatality on her I watch the fans go right through the bottom two like they don't exist.

Loot

the special effects
That's not even a liver; there is no actual organ there. :)

It doesn't really bother me for the x-rays but I've always wondered about Johnny Cage's split punch, expecially when performed on female characters... Could they not have given him another move altogether..?
You do realize the vageegee is infinitely more times sensitive than the peepee?If I had to choose between a vageegee punch and peepee punch, peepee everytime.

Thats just a small list off the top of my head of things that don't make sense in this game.
PMSL!!!!!!!!

Ankaku

Noob
I realize that, but a bearclaw haymaker is way more painful than a triforce blast. It can cause a woman to start the ketchup factory early.
I was once kicked in the holy trinity by someone wearing steel toed boots. couldn't walk right for more than a month due to scarring. Also you have officialy ruined hotdogs for me lol.

Altaire

Noob

This is seriously the stupidest rebuttal, and someone always makes it whenever this topic comes up.

Cyborgs could be possible with enough technological advancement, it's a sci-fi theme.

Dead people, flying people and soul stealing are supernatural, it's a fantasy theme.

All of the above are believable in the context they're used in. Fracturing the skull of someone who doesn't have one or making a guy vomit through a metal helmet is not believable. Jesus fucking christ, I can't believe people are still using this defense.

Altaire

Noob
You do realize the vageegee is infinitely more times sensitive than the peepee?If I had to choose between a vageegee punch and peepee punch, peepee everytime.
It's not even so much that one hurts more than the other, it's that a woman is still getting punched right in the pelvis what the fuck

How is any explanation needed for why that would cause you serious pain? It wouldn't be far removed from if a guy got punched just above the nozzle. Something to think about.

Justice

Noob
My fave X-Ray is Sektor's I think. en he When he uses it on the girls (especially Sonya) the uppercut goes right into their cleavage.......

I'm not sure about the "believability" argument since a number of X-Rays push that really far while a large number of Fatalities are bland because they went with believability/realism over fanservice.

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
This is seriously the stupidest rebuttal, and someone always makes it whenever this topic comes up.

Cyborgs could be possible with enough technological advancement, it's a sci-fi theme.

Dead people, flying people and soul stealing are supernatural, it's a fantasy theme.

All of the above are believable in the context they're used in. Fracturing the skull of someone who doesn't have one or making a guy vomit through a metal helmet is not believable. Jesus fucking christ, I can't believe people are still using this defense.
Lol. I can't believe somebody is looking for realism in a video game. Jesus fucking christ are people that stupid? I guess you are.

Subby

Frost Warrior
All this talk about triforce blasts and bearclaw haymakers has made this topic a resounding win!

On the actual topic: The game is fiction. They can grow their organs back for all I care.