What's new

Do You Think NRS Learned Their Lesson? DLC Related...

Will "normalization" happen if it's required?

• Total voters

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I think the biggest problem with injustices dlc wasn't that they were broke, but that they just didn't get the same balance changes that the original cast got. Obviously scorp got grounded, but that was more cause he pretty much broke the game mechanics. Superman and black adam were both super good early in the games life, but they toned them down in the "patch that saved injustice" while martian, batgirl, and zod went pretty much untouched.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
They shouldn't patch till all the dlc is released. So characters that were dlc won't escape normalization mmh bat scrub etc...

How about elaborating? I don't see how asking a legitimate question "summarizes our community" at all.
Just seems like another "LOL, NRS can't do shit right" thread. Even if the complaints are warranted, its just getting old.

And whats the point of speaking negatively on something that hasn't been seen or played? Its like we love to hate the things we love.

Last edited:
it too early too tell because we have only seen jason and tanya is coming next week. We still have to see predator and tremor and who knows if they are going to release new characters after that

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I am not a fan of the staggered release. I think they should wait longer and release the whole pack at once to give each dlc ample and equal time to be explored before injustice 2 comes out.

I don't get it

MK9:
Skarlett: strong, patched to good
Kenshi: a bit too strong, not broken
Rain: mid - bad
Freddy: strong

Quite a variety here

IGAU:
Lobo: bad (realized to be mid - good)
Scorpion: too strong, patched to mid - bad
Batgirl: strong (realized to be too stronk)
Mmh: too strong

They came ballsy in IGAU indeed

But what's the fuss about? What's wrong with Jason to be concerned about Tanya?
You forgot about OP Zod the very forget able ........ Who the hell was the other DLC :\

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't consider Martian to be broken at all. He had no infinites, no looping glitches, (unless you count, "variable block stun") or anything like that.

He was just really good, not broken.

Anyway, i want DLC to be good. I don't want to pay money for MK9 Nightwolf tier.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
If we get all DLCs by June, and the big balance patch comes in October, I think DLCs will get nerfed if they were too strong.

However we still need another patch in 2016 to make sure the game is balanced. Otherwise, 2 years in, we'll all just see how a few characters go to the top all by themselves and leave the rest struggling below.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It's sad you can't even ask a question on this site anymore. It's the reason why I don't make any threads.
The thing is, this is an unthought question. NRS will most likely relese another fighter in two years. Even if they get smack for bad character design from 0,1% of their customers which are the competitive guys, why would they care? Two years from now they will make another pile of dollar bills and the customers will jump to the next best thing. MKX has the potential to become a phenomenon if the engine proves to be without major flaws like MK9's random advantages, p1 advantage and input bug (which I hate with my every mollecule). But it will need more than 6 months of support. It's got 72 freaking characters and 12 more to come, and maybe another on the way.
So, to answer the question if they learned anything. I don't think they have to. But I sure as hell hope they did.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Also I hope Tremor is a broken ass pile of rocks with Jade-like anti-zoning and some kind of glow super move or Doomsday trait where he's invincible for a period of time.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
We still have weak characters and they are still releasing new ones before addressing actual issues regarding those already on the roster, pro or contra.
Doubtful that they actually care to learn any kind of lesson regarding game balance. Game sells, they get money.

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken Your threads were better during Injustice.
This wasn't meant to be "I wonder who's gonna like this thread?" type of thread. It's an honest question. I hope that NRS has learned for the sake of the game's balance, dude. People are already like, "OMMMFFFGGGGGERD FERFTY FERFTIES!" I don't want more of that, y'know? Imagine if Tanya or any of the future DLC characters has 4-5 50/50 setups that are ALL SAFE (translation: plus as balls) and they go untouched. That would fucking destroy the game.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This wasn't meant to be "I wonder who's gonna like this thread?" type of thread. It's an honest question. I hope that NRS has learned for the sake of the game's balance, dude. People are already like, "OMMMFFFGGGGGERD FERFTY FERFTIES!" I don't want more of that, y'know? Imagine if Tanya or any of the future DLC characters has 4-5 50/50 setups that are ALL SAFE (translation: plus as balls) and they go untouched. That would fucking destroy the game.
Maybe, or maybe not. They may buff the hell out of Kotal's footsies and 50/50 will fade like a hedgehog in the fog. What I think at the moment is people don't use backdash and run punishing at their fullest. Until then, no complaints.