What's new

Do You Think NRS Learned Their Lesson? DLC Related...

Will "normalization" happen if it's required?

• Total voters
E

Eldriken

Okay, so, NRS has a track record of having particularly broken DLC characters in both MK9 and Injustice. It seems that their second DLC character released tends to be really effin' dumb (I wanted to use "OP", but I don't like using that term =P) and Tanya is MKX's upcoming second DLC character.

Does this mean she's GOING to be dumb? Not necessarily. However, if she is, do you think NRS will "normalize" her accordingly without making her shit tier (a la Scorpion from Injustice)? Or do you think she'll go untouched?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I doubt she will be broken or "OP" . She could always have some stuff that needs to be tweaked in the future, but I doubt she will be super god tier OP deluxe on launch lol

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I think they will make predator op as fuck (on purpose) + hes super popular = best selling dlc
and everyone will main predator
also they may nerf him in the future when they make enough $$$ on him ;) After that most players will drop him and only true fans will still stick with him.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Okay, so, NRS has a track record of having particularly broken DLC characters in both MK9 and Injustice. It seems that their second DLC character released tends to be really effin' dumb (I wanted to use "OP", but I don't like using that term =P) and Tanya is MKX's upcoming second DLC character.

Does this mean she's GOING to be dumb? Not necessarily. However, if she is, do you think NRS will "normalize" her accordingly without making her shit tier (a la Scorpion from Injustice)? Or do you think she'll go untouched?
I don't get it

MK9:
Skarlett: strong, patched to good
Kenshi: a bit too strong, not broken
Rain: mid - bad
Freddy: strong

Quite a variety here

IGAU:
Lobo: bad (realized to be mid - good)
Scorpion: too strong, patched to mid - bad
Batgirl: strong (realized to be too stronk)
Mmh: too strong

They came ballsy in IGAU indeed

But what's the fuss about? What's wrong with Jason to be concerned about Tanya?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I don't get it

MK9:

Quite a variety here

IGAU:

IGAU:
Batgirl, MMH, Zod top 5.
Zatanna mid-high tier.
Scorpion high tier until nerfed to shit tier.
Lobo shit tier, buffed to mid-high tier.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Everyone wanted Tanya, like whenever I ask someone who they think of when I say a "Classic" or "Iconic" MK character all I hear I hear is Tanya, Tanya Tanya, so I'm sure they won't have to resort to making her OP in order to increase sale numbers...

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I think Predator is the one to worry about not Tanya. I think she will just be decent.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
IGAU:
Batgirl, MMH, Zod top 5.
Zatanna mid-high tier.
Scorpion high tier until nerfed to shit tier.
Lobo shit tier, buffed to mid-high tier.
Ok thx for reminding the rest igau dlc, but still... what was wrong with MKX dlc so far?

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
If its anything like what NRS did to Hung Jin, ill accept those normalizations anyday. I think NRS is BEGINNING to understand that you dont need to go booty deep into a character to fix them. We'll see though. My hope is she'll be a great contender, but with enough drawbacks to keep her "fair" in this game.

E

Eldriken

I don't get it

MK9:

Quite a variety here

IGAU:

Nothing is wrong with Jason. It's just NRS' track record with their second DLC character and then others that follow, but not all.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok thx for reminding the rest igau dlc, but still... what was wrong with MKX dlc so far?
Didn't really play MK9 so I can't say. What was really weird about IGAU DLC was not how strong the characters were but how they broke the game mechanics. With the exception of Lobo and Zod they all had really good teleports (compared to Ares slow one and Raven's even slower on in trait). Now there were abuseable teleports (MMH, Zatanna), ones that lead to full combo (Scorp, MMH). Furthermore Zod kinda broke the footsies game with his air charge, trait and IAZB. Like sure they were strong but the fact was they kind of broke how the game was played.