What's new

Digit (Raiden/Thunder God) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Texas Showdown 2015

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
glad raiden staked his claim as a boss character. jwong needs to switch to ferra/torr. quan chi, kung jin, raiden top 3 atm id say. id say erron black but i really havent seen any other than sonicfox play him great. on another note i think maybe sonya will win a tourney soon.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Thanks man. Wow a Kotal in top 16? two of them? that's awesome. Only one Kung Jin, no Quan, Sub, or KL either.

dang I wish I would have seen this.
I'm sure it will be on YouTube soon, if not already. Some really great matches. I need to check out what I missed. Scar's Sonya impressed me the most, I think. This was the first time I've seen a high level Sonya. Justin Wong seemed to have no idea how to handle that drone pressure. It was insane.

Edit: Here's the final round between Pnut's Kotal and Justin's Raiden. Unsure why it's only one round...but it's something...

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
While Raiden is very, very good (probably top tier), I can't help but think Jax is a better version of him. Jax has significantly harder execution so it'll take time for it to become apparent but it seems like Jax has: equal damage in the corner, almost equal corner carry (once people get the ex oh combos down), safer mix ups, better normals, better zoning, massively plus on block projectile, and probably better wake ups.

What's Raiden have over Jax besides easier execution (which is ultimately irrelevant) and better meter building?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
While Raiden is very, very good (probably top tier), I can't help but think Jax is a better version of him. Jax has significantly harder execution so it'll take time for it to become apparent but it seems like Jax has: equal damage in the corner, almost equal corner carry (once people get the ex oh combos down), safer mix ups, better normals, better zoning, massively plus on block projectile, and probably better wake ups.

What's Raiden have over Jax besides easier execution (which is ultimately irrelevant) and better meter building?
A teleport if he chooses to go with Displacer. >.>

I'm also sure Jax doesn't have a d1 the same speed as Raiden's. Also, in Thunder God, Raiden has incredible meter building due to the electrified strings (also give him insane disjointed hitboxes).

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
At this point it's almost fact that Bojutsu is better than Ancestral. If the arrows would stay loaded and you didn't have to reup every 7 seconds, then it might be a lot better. Ancestral is just a shitty Green Arrow unfortunately.
The fact that Chris G got 2nd place sticking with Ancestral is just another testament to how ridiculous he is.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Also, in Thunder God, Raiden has incredible meter building due to the electrified strings (also give him insane disjointed hitboxes).
Agreed. That alone is insanely powerful in the (at least current) meta of this game.

Good job @Digit. I have always said you are the younger, better looking, more successful version of Tommy Wafflez. Texas Showdown is definitely your tournament.

Also props to all the KH guys. They were out in swarms and did well. Also loved how team oriented you guys looked, like when Royale won in top 16 and many other times. Very cool to see.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Good job @Digit. I have always said you are the younger, better looking, more successful version of Tommy Wafflez. Texas Showdown is definitely your tournament.

Also props to all the KH guys. They were out in swarms and did well. Also loved how team oriented you guys looked, like when Royale won in top 16 and many other times. Very cool to see.
LOL jeremiah mannnn smh

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
A teleport if he chooses to go with Displacer. >.>

I'm also sure Jax doesn't have a d1 the same speed as Raiden's. Also, in Thunder God, Raiden has incredible meter building due to the electrified strings (also give him insane disjointed hitboxes).
His normal teleport is not that useful though. It has 29 frames of recovery, which is a loong time. It does have its situational uses, but it's not his MK9 teleport. In high-level competitive play you'd have to pretty much burn meter to make it useful.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
Orale, the vato kicked the marvel out of him.
Can I like this 1000 times? lmao XD

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It was truly an honor to win Texas Showdown back to back and keeping the trophy home :)

And sorry for such a late reply on this. I had no internet for the entire week until now which sucked >.<

BUT I do have fast as hell wifi now and I got off stream footage for y'all in a bit so look out for that ;)
Uploading is going by a 100x faster now!

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Here were my off stream matches from TXS15:

1st match of pools
SETX MuGS (Blue Raiden) vs Digit (Red Raiden)

2nd match
Starwin (Erron Black) vs Digit (Raiden)

3rd match to make Top 16
Digit (Raiden) vs Pnut (Kotal Kahn)

and this was KH Four Wude's match against Justin Wong to make Top 16 Winners
KH Four Wude (Scorpion) vs Justin Wong (Raiden)

Four Wude's Scorpion is no joke! Former SF4 player too!
Good shit bro. Forgot to congratulate you on your win. You are an example of a good player who played a shitty char in Injustice. Glad to see you've changed your ways.