What's new

Digit (Raiden/Thunder God) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Texas Showdown 2015

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
At least for now mkx has shown great balance. A lot of different characters in every top 8. Excited to see the footage from this.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The matches are up from different sources. Just Youtube search for ___ vs ____
Here's the final
[/MEDIA]
Thanks. Don't mean to downplay that because that Raiden was legit, but the opponent didn't seem to have a lot of matchup experience and kept dropping kombos / not punishing.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Finally an MK where raided is great but not massively OP. Dream come true:D congrats to @Digit rockin that red raiden skin and showing the MK community that you don't fuck with a God.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have this feeling that Kung Jin's NJP will be nerfed, the range is so big that can't be ducked although it hits mid on the way up the window to punish that move on block is really thigh. Specially and basically unpunishable if hits you max ranged.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I have this feeling that Kung Jin's NJP will be nerfed, the range is so big that can't be ducked although it hits mid on the way up the window to punish that move on block is really thigh. Specially and basically unpunishable if hits you max ranged.
I don't like to cry nerf.
Truth is that Jin has more good tools than some of the rest of the roster though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't like to cry nerf.
Truth is that Jin has more good tools than some of the rest of the roster though.
I will breakdown this later today, i have somewhere else to go, there is not denying that the staff moves Jump in 2 and NJP are too good, and are 80% abusable since there is much less general ways to whiff it on reaction.

If Chris G used Bojutsu to convert all the damage he could have done, this outcome could've been different IMO

Is there a complete results list anywhere that shows who people used?

I see two Raidens, at least one Kung Jin, and a Scorpion in top 8. Why are people saying "omg see this game is balanced" like this is evidence of balance and not just more validation that there's an obvious top tier?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Lots of people shitting on Chris G for using Ancestral instead of Bojutsu. I'm pretty sure Chris is well aware Bojutsu is superior. He likes Ancestral style and the dude made grand finals at a major with that variation (yes, I know he used Scorpion as well). Honestly, if Ancestral did a bit more damage, I think he could have taken it. Personally, I loved seeing Ancestral used. That Mokujin sounding wood noise from Kung Jin's staff every time he hits his opponent is already making me start twitching when I watch a stream.

Hades

Noob
Fuck me days this game is a joy to watch. I honestly get so excited watching these matches it's brilliant. This game has got such a good pace, a whole lot of depth and the character variety is sick. I love seeing different playstyles coming together and creating something seemingly unique every match. Plus the amount of stream viewers really excites me for this game. I really hope we smash street fighter off its mantle and pave the way for the new generation of fighting games.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Is there a complete results list anywhere that shows who people used?

I see two Raidens, at least one Kung Jin, and a Scorpion in top 8. Why are people saying "omg see this game is balanced" like this is evidence of balance and not just more validation that there's an obvious top tier?
There was also no Sub Zero or Quan Chi in top 16, if I recall. They are also considered two of the better characters. The Kung Jin that was in GRAND FINALS did not use Bojutsu, which is considered the only viable variation for Kung Jin.

I think as the game progresses and grows, there will be even more diversity in top 16/top 8. This game is fun as hell to watch. And to answer your question, here's the characters I personally remember seeing yesterday in top 16:

Sonya (two variations used by Scar)
Jax (Heavy Weapons, also Scar)
Scorpion (Hellfire used by both Chris G and Four Wude)
Raiden (Thunder God used by Justin Wong and Digit)
Kung Jin (Ancestral used by Chris G
Kotal Kahn (War God used by both Pnut and Mattix)
Cassie Cage (Hollywood used by Saionide)

That's just who I can remember off the top of my head. I missed several matches and am unsure who a few of the participants used, but it seemed pretty damn diverse to me.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
There was also no Sub Zero or Quan Chi in top 16, if I recall. They are also considered two of the better characters. The Kung Jin that was in GRAND FINALS did not use Bojutsu, which is considered the only viable variation for Kung Jin.

I think as the game progresses and grows, there will be even more diversity in top 16/top 8. This game is fun as hell to watch. And to answer your question, here's the characters I personally remember seeing yesterday in top 16:

That's just who I can remember off the top of my head. I missed several matches and am unsure who a few of the participants used, but it seemed pretty damn diverse to me.
Pretty sure there was a Sub Zero in top 16. I'll go check his name

Edit: Actually I think you're right, the guy I was thinking of didn't make top 16 apparently

Thanks man. Wow a Kotal in top 16? two of them? that's awesome. Only one Kung Jin, no Quan, Sub, or KL either.

dang I wish I would have seen this.

E

Eldriken

Thanks man. Wow a Kotal in top 16? two of them? that's awesome. Only one Kung Jin, no Quan, Sub, or KL either.

dang I wish I would have seen this.
Top 8 was a fuckin' madhouse of hype, dude.

Saionide or however he spells his name has such a sick Cassie. It was unreal. KH Scar has the best Sonya I have seen, but the dude got super predictable with his X-Rays and Chris G blew him up for it.

Digit's Raiden is literally a god, haha.

If you can find the footage for it, I would strongly recommend watching it. It was so good.