What's new

Digit (Raiden/Thunder God) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Texas Showdown 2015

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The Showdown in Texas was glorious today as top talents from across the region and country gathered to battle against other greats. The competition in Houston, Texas is a whole other monster in its own and that was shown today. Below are the top results from the end of the tournament in Houston, Texas!

txs.png

Top Results:
Winners Finals
Digit (Raiden/Thunder God) vs Tempo|ChrisG (Scorpion.KungJin) 3-0

Losers' Semis
DL|Four Wude (Scorpion/Hellfire) vs KH Scar (Sonya/Special Forces) 0-3

Losers' Finals
Tempo|ChrisG (Jung Jin/Ancestral) vs KH Scar (Sonya/Special Forces/Covert Ops) 2-3

Grand Finals
Tempo|ChrisG (Kung Jin/Ancestral) vs Digit (Raiden/Thunder God) 2-3
Congratulations to Digit for taking Mortal Kombat X @ Texas Showdown 2015!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
i really don't see the point of playing ancestral lol. he can't zone with his fucking arrows and upclose he just hitconfirms into shit damage instead of bojutsu craziness.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Raiden seriously does do a shit load of damage. Chris could have punished a LOT more. If he had used Bojutsu and punished more he would have won probably, or at least reset the bracket.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Amazing play by the entire top 8. The matches in the top 4 were the first time since the release of MKX that I truly yelled out in excitement while sitting on my couch.

Any set that makes me startle my wife while I'm watching it is A+. Amazing job, Digit.

Slymind

Noob
Congratulations Digit for the tournament, amazing gameplay.

I gotta give the props to Chris G for sticking with ancestral, because i genuinely think Boujutsu greatly outclasses it.

Another props for Scar, i believe if he didn't try to risk those X-Rays he would be in GF.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Congratulations Digit for the tournament, amazing gameplay.

I gotta give the props to Chris G for sticking with ancestral, because i genuinely think Boujutsu greatly outclasses it.

Another props for Scar, i believe if he didn't try to risk those X-Rays he would be in GF.
At this point it's almost fact that Bojutsu is better than Ancestral. If the arrows would stay loaded and you didn't have to reup every 7 seconds, then it might be a lot better. Ancestral is just a shitty Green Arrow unfortunately.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Props to Digit!

Big statement here in regards to the Injustice players vs. MK9 players narrative. Maybe Injustice top guys were actually good all along??? :eek:
I think people don't realize that good players will find a way to be good players in whatever they want to compete in.

I can't wait to see some of the MK9 heads start to clash more with the Injustice only guys.