What's new

Question Did new patch break the game completely?

Did balance got worse after patch?

• Total voters

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I find it bizarre that you say it hurt defense. The game is more zone-friendly than ever, and you have to spend bar to combo off armor.
Also Jumps are barely changed. Compared to loss of armor that was used to antiair, Id say jumps got better than pre-patch.
U wot m8? I'm having people D2 my arms as F/T during NJP--and that never happened before. I'm consistently AA-ing any jump-in with everyone I've played. AA is way stronger now.
Finally tools like throws and staggers which compliment offence became better as well.
When a very strong tool like armor becomes weaker, and people fall back on weaker tools which have existed all along, we don't say that's offense getting stronger. It's offense getting weaker, because they're using weaker tools than before. Throws and staggers aren't absolutely stronger than before, only relatively stronger.

Last edited:

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Seems like we're heading in a positive direction - armored launchers were pretty broken and the other changes boosted defensive play.

I'd still like 50/50's and vortex play nerfed and a greater buff to anti airs. I've always really liked stagger pressure and think it should be the main offensive tool, not 50/50s and guaranteed vortex resets.

Finally, the new strings that end in neutral situations (I.e: buzz saws b1,2, 2+4) are great for this game. There should be less pressure that ends in +frames at d1 distance imo.

While oki pressure hasn't really slowed down yet, I do feel like characters have a lot more to think about in the neutral and am loving the game atm

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Seems like we're heading in a positive direction - armored launchers were pretty broken and the other changes boosted defensive play.

I'd still like 50/50's and vortex play nerfed and a greater buff to anti airs. I've always really liked stagger pressure and think it should be the main offensive tool, not 50/50s and guaranteed vortex resets.

Finally, the new strings that end in neutral situations (I.e: buzz saws b1,2, 2+4) are great for this game. There should be less pressure that ends in +frames at d1 distance imo.

While oki pressure hasn't really slowed down yet, I do feel like characters have a lot more to think about in the neutral and am loving the game atm
it doesnt feel slow to you?