What's new

Question Did new patch break the game completely?

Did balance got worse after patch?

• Total voters

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I've been into this discussion a lot of times now
beside the fact that the Cassie witch has been already burned more than once (she got nerfed each patch, including this one)

the b12,4 game is totally different from the other BS advancing mids
what I might say now will be surely irrelevant if this community's next target will be these evil advancing mids (and I'd like to hear from the JC community once their beloved F3 goes high)

but as a Cassie main and loyalist the game you get off our 'best' string has some brain into it just because the gap
you have to read them, they have to read you. There's still decisions to be made on both side unlike the old KK b1 in which he was the one dictating the flow of the situation

b12 is -6 by itself and only +1 after a followup that is reactable to (there is a video around, look for it)
also, damage is low and enders in each variations are just ridicolous beside exnut or takedown

but, read carefully, if they will give Cassie an 11 frame advancing high followed by mids that staggers like everyone else in the game, just please tell me where to sign the contract
Don't even dare to mention this blasphemy lol

Serious talk, Cage got hit super hard on his two best variations. A-List is decent now, Stunt-Double is dead, Fisticuffs got very benefited by the new meta, he would be better than it was even without his nice buff.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I've been into this discussion a lot of times now
beside the fact that the Cassie witch has been already burned more than once (she got nerfed each patch, including this one)

the b12,4 game is totally different from the other BS advancing mids
what I might say now will be surely irrelevant if this community's next target will be these evil advancing mids (and I'd like to hear from the JC community once their beloved F3 goes high)

but as a Cassie main and loyalist the game you get off our 'best' string has some brain into it just because the gap
you have to read them, they have to read you. There's still decisions to be made on both side unlike the old KK b1 in which he was the one dictating the flow of the situation

b12 is -6 by itself and only +1 after a followup that is reactable to (there is a video around, look for it)
also, damage is low and enders in each variations are just ridicolous beside exnut or takedown

but, read carefully, if they will give Cassie an 11 frame advancing high followed by mids that staggers like everyone else in the game, just please tell me where to sign the contract
Lol b1 is retarded

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Meh, I think some of the concerns will shine through, but I'm not against how the game is now at all.

Tweedy

Noob
Why are people going in on Takeda?

Play the character. He won't end up being top tier, believe that.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I 100% dissagree with OP. This new meta is great and a step forward in a more balanced version. there will surface dirt and shit characters, but i think they got most things right on 10-4. I love the Stamina change and love how they buffed Defense so much in this Meta, and how is everyone having AA problems, i am doing great with them, like always i still have to read when they're coming; but i have been able to use any character and any move to AA any jump in. especially Alien's JI2, Sub Zero's JI1 and Kotal's JI1! thats a big deal, i have used Standing 1's D2's Standing 4's or anything that comes to mind and as long as i time it right my move gets bigger hitbox at that moment and over rides the Obnoxious jump in's. Itr could always use improvement like Nerf some stupid Jump In's but im happy overall.
I also love how zoning became relevant and an actual game play style:) Because of the stamina limitations and steal mechanic i have found opponents just can't potato run in and mash buttons anymore, they have to actually think and carfully work there way in now and i love that. there is plenty tools for both sides now. of course everything can always get better and there will be dumb shit but im on board with whats to come and the new agenda of Nerf 50/50 pressure, Oppressive rushdown, Cancel pressure, HTB's, Stamina and of course meter build. and when a new HTB/Crazy mixup game/Blockstring into 50/50's or anything along those lines surfaces i hope NRS nerfs that shit out of exsistance like they did on 10-4-2016.
I specifically remember in the cast NRS talking about "how they are not stopping here" and this will not be the last patch, they realize what they did was big and shit will surface that they will need to adjust and they expect to buff some characters and nerf some dirt! We have support and there is no question we will have the best Mortal Kombat in 25 years in a short while:D

On another note: you guys really need to check out: Hunter, Warrior, HQT, Unbreakable, Cryomancer, Master Of Storms, Necromancer, Cyber Sub Zero and Balanced Kenshi they all got very good in this patch and must point out, i can pop 50% with all 3 variations of Predator easily midscreen, and im loving the changes to many characters.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Why are people going in on Takeda?

Play the character. He won't end up being top tier, believe that.
ey Tweedy didn't Konjurer/Acidic Lose Armor and doesn't only Tarkatan have an armored move now? that should be a very big weakness for Alien now unless you play Tarkatan you smart devil you.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Paulo specifically said that the game would continue to be supported at the end of the last stream.
I heard that, but I don't know if he was refering just to fix small bugs or details in hotfixes, or actually to true relevant patches.

Things like Jax recent bug are going to be fixed for sure.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I heard that, but I don't know if he was refereing just to fix small bugs or details in hotfixes, or actually to true relevant patches.

Things like Jax recent bug are going to be fixed for sure.
IIRC Paulo said they would be addressing bugs and monitoring feedback for "adjustments." I'm optimistic.

I'll give everyone my opinion.

Ever since this new patch came out, I've been staggering and jumping in on people a lot more often.

This new patch doesn't make any sense at all. MK X has always been an offensive and aggressive game. The footsies and neutral are subtle, but it they still existed.

Right now it just feels like a mess. It's like they tried to slow the game down but in reality they just made the game not make any sense anymore. It's like they tried conversion therapy on a lesbian woman. It doesn't work.

Take a look at Street Fighter. Ken and Ryu has shoryukens. It goes through everything, it anti airs, it has invincibility frames. It doesn't launch however. They don't need meter to throw it out. But it's very unsafe.

MK X on the other hand, we now only have armored moves that don't launch, most are unsafe, and on top of all that they require 1 bar of meter. What is this???

I've been staggering the crap out of people with Scorpions 214. And it works out quite well. If I get armored it doesn't even bother me because they won't have meter to break any combos. It feels like the neutral game is much weaker now. When I fight Kung Lao, that guy is just not the same anymore. That armored tornado shenanigans is what makes him so feared. But since its gone I just rush down and stagger the crap out of Kung Laos now. And same with pretty much every other match up. I'm baiting less often and I'm waiting less often, because I know the other players don't have armored launchers anymore. Less neutral game.

Why in SFV, do characters have special moves that has invicibility frames that requires no meter. But in a game like MK X, we just have armored moves that require 1 bar? I think it was fair that some armored moves launch, because you are spending meter and you still risk getting blown up if your opponent blocks it. But now the reward risk ratio is just plain off.

Oh, and Kitana is really stupid. Her safe armor, and increased damage on projectiles, and the nerfed stamina run made an already good character just plain dumb.

st9rm

viennality.com
Why in SFV, do characters have special moves that has invicibility frames that requires no meter. But in a game like MK X, we just have armored moves that require 1 bar? I think it was fair that some armored moves launch, because you are spending meter and you still risk getting blown up if your opponent blocks it. But now the reward risk ratio is just plain off.
because mk is not sf.
also, in sf v not all chars have meterless invincible reversals/reversals at all (apart from v reversal obv)

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
Um Mortal Kombat has always lol. Uppercuts have always been the go to anti air for MK games. I agree D2's should have been buffed across the board.
thats not true. uppercuts were not the universal anti air for mk9. standing an crouching normals were.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Um Mortal Kombat has always lol. Uppercuts have always been the go to anti air for MK games. I agree D2's should have been buffed across the board.
Only in the 3D MK games was this true. In the 2D MKs, AA was heavily dependent on the character.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
no one likes 50/50 coins flips, but right now the game is tough to watch. maybe at the highest lvl its good for them but for the average it gives nothing and takes everything.

I came back to play MKXL after 10 months break. I dont know, maybe its me understanding fighting games better, maybe its these new patch changes, but I dont feel any satisfaction from playing... :/

virtiqaL

Noob
You're never going to please everyone.

Personally, as someone who had very little good to say about this game pre-patch, I'm much more satisfied with the game where it is now, as in... I actually have some desire to play the game again, and have fun while doing so. The only thing really stopping me from playing it more than I am has to do with current IRL responsibilities and such.

Now, could game be patched to be even better? Sure, there's always room for improvement. But I can't understand the attitude of some that the game was better pre-patch, though I couldn't understand how anyone was enjoying the game on any level pre-patch. It fucking sucked, IMO.

Last edited: