What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Did Boon just announce Goro? Follow the twitter trail.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This guy better have a lot of armor if he is in. I want Goro to be what Bane has become with some badass additions in his variations. :D

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Going off of what Pterodactyl said, I wouldn't like that if they lumped all cyborgs/shokans or w/e into 1 single character. I'd rather have each character stand on their own two feet.... and I'm a guy who really liked Chameleon, but not in a game where characters have 3 different variations.

But I guess it could be a way of pleasing everyone by combining old characters to make room for all the new ones.

I'll be really disappointed if they merge Noob and Smoke into one character.

There's so much they can do with this character with the timeline story. I can see Kotal Khan imprisoning him and having him come out all skinny and weaker than his previous version but leading some type of revolution in outworld.

i am soooooo hype omfg goro would be to clutch i was discouraged that he wouldnt be in mkx but idont quiet rememeber if he is alive or not after the events of mk9 but i am PRAYING that he is in!! #gorogorogoro

There's so much they can do with this character with the timeline story. I can see Kotal Khan imprisoning him and having him come out all skinny and weaker than his previous version but leading some type of revolution in outworld.
Goro, Slim Goro, and Retired (I.e., Fat) Goro as variations. Do it NRS do it

TONY-T

Mad scientist
The more i think about it, the more i feel Goro is going to look so sick in next gen graphics! With him being playable and all, his move-set has the potential to be incredible! 4 arms with 3 different play styles could get very interesting! Goro beast mode ftw!

I would be completely fine with this. We need more then a couple graplers anyway. And finally we could fight w/ the slow but powerful GORO!

cyke_out

Noob
Too hype to be true!

My mind is spinning on what NRS could do with three variations for Goro.

Universal moves have to be telestomp, fireball and groundstomp.

A rush down build with tons of fuck you armor.

A zoning style with even more stomps.

A grappler style with all kind if Grundy ish chain grapples.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Makes sense, lore wise.
Kung Lao is dead, so he never gets around to killing Goro.
I don't think any Shokan actually die in the story, in all honesty.
That being said, I can already see the taunt specialization that gives buffs when you taunt the enemy.

trufenix

bye felicia
Makes sense, lore wise.
Kung Lao is dead, so he never gets around to killing Goro.
I don't think any Shokan actually die in the story, in all honesty.
That being said, I can already see the taunt specialization that gives buffs when you taunt the enemy.
Goro beefed with Kung Lao, but he was killed by Noob while fighting alongside Kitana against what was left of Shao Kahns army. He and Kung made peace back in Mk gold which is how the Shokan / Edenian alliance began. In psp deception they retconned Goro back to life by saying some random decoy Shokan went down while the real Goro went back to work with Shao Khan, who was also retconned back to life at the same time.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Goro beefed with Kung Lao, but he was killed by Noob while fighting alongside Kitana against what was left of Shao Kahns army. He and Kung made peace back in Mk gold which is how the Shokan / Edenian alliance began. In psp deception they retconned Goro back to life by saying some random decoy Shokan went down while the real Goro went back to work with Shao Khan, who was also retconned back to life at the same time.
Depends on which continuity you go by, Kung is on record for "avenging" his late Great Kung Lao uncle or something.
Regardless, point stands that no one who killed Goro is around to do it again, and he doesn't die in MK9.