What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Did Boon just announce Goro? Follow the twitter trail.

Dark

Noob
UPDATE: GORO CONFIRMED https://twitter.com/noobde/status/507888804796309505

It appears as though Boon may be putting us quite close to the next character that gets revealed, but we can only speculate. However, allow us to fill you in on the details and you can decide for yourself. Lately, Boon has been tweeting images containing Goro, our four-armed villain from Mortal Kombat. Even in a recent interview at GamesCom in Germany Boon said that the next character reveal would be a "bad guy".

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/507297487028101120

"@MonsterGamezz @noobde tweet mk hints not this EB: Get Out, Really Out !!

Get Out Really Out
G O R O

goromkx.png

Goro.

He also posted these
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/506933438608601088
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/506931388080066561
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/507605537958002689
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/507623674417922048

goro2.jpg

Ed said next reveal will be a villain, and Torr shows it isn't difficult to make big playable characters. Although he doesn't match any of the boots unless for some reason he's wearing them.

Thread is more about discussing what you think Goro should be like if he is in the game than these tweets confirming him. Should he stay as an unplayable boss? Be a normal non boss character with 3 variations? Be a super OP boss character that's playable anyway, cause what the hell? You decide.

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
He's either been a boss or a sub boss tho? Him being playable would be kinda lame IMO.

Then again, Shang Tsung has either been a boss or a sub boss as well.

Just dont make him Sheeva tier, NRS.

Plop

Noob
I think this is great! An actual proper playable version of Goro (as opposed to playable, but you only ever pick him for the novelty of it cos hes a boss kinda version) would be amazing! And i don;t think anyone would see it coming either

Espio

Kokomo
I hope so or Goro and Sheeva's love child lol. Goro is super iconic and I would love to see what they could do with him variation wise.

There's a pattern thus far with every returning character originally making their debut in MK1 (Raiden, Scorpion, Kano, Sub-Zero) and then a legacy character that represents two other OG characters in Cassie (Cage and Sonya) so maybe there's hope for Goro, he's iconic, popular, a diverse addition to the roster and survived MK9. Shang is probably the only one who won't follow that pattern though I presume.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'd have no problem if he was in the game, either as a playable character, which would be fuckin sick imo, or as a boss. I REALLY doubt they'd make him a playable character in the roster, but who the fuck knows. I mean we have heard rumors that Sheeva wasn't gonna make the cut, so I could see Goro taking her spot in a way. I can't argue with the recent Goro tweets from Boon. Seems like he'll be in the game in one form or another.

@Espio Ikr? Imagine Goro with 3 different variations? Goro being a playable character is giving me a boner. ;p

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Hmm clever. He definitely wouldn't do that for nothing.

The question is if he's playable or not.

PS: im adding this to the Ed Boon twitter thread and crediting you @Dark

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
If they revamp him completely, then it could be interesting. First I would let him jump for once and for all, then I would make him more agile (like sheeva or something like that) and finally I would make him use all his 4 arms in a versatile way, a variation could be him using a flail, a shield, a cast net and an axe for example.

Last edited:

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm not really a fan of non playable characters. If he's in, i hope he's playable. Goro would be a good edition to the game.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
There's a pattern thus far with every returning character originally making their debut in MK1 (Raiden, Scorpion, Kano, Sub-Zero) and then a legacy character that represents two other OG characters in Cassie (Cage and Sonya) so maybe there's hope for Goro, he's iconic, popular, a diverse addition to the roster and survived MK9. Shang is probably the only one who won't follow that pattern though I presume.
Shang's a soul-suckin', snake-schemin' wheelin'-dealin' limousine ridin' jet flyin' son-of-a-gun.

If anyone out of the original roster other than Scorpion and Raiden could make it like being dead is no big, it's him.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
After seeing how they handled Doomsday, Grundy, and Bane in Injustice, my dick is wet at the thought of a playable Goro.

That said, Kintaro is waaaaay cooler.

The smart thing that would please all Shokan fans, that they unfortunately won't do, is to do what I suggested for the cyborgs.

Make a base character, and have the variations be Goro, Sheeva, and Kintaro. It ain't hard to rig models and make the moves unisex looking so you don't have Goro doing girly kicks or Sheeva stomping around like a complete meat-head. Or they could just manipulate animations when needed while still keeping the same hotboxes(Like Sheeva would have a more graceful looking animations, but they still function the exact same in all other regards besides cosmetically).

Same normals, different character models, same rigging, same hitboxes, different special moves.

The base moves would be the ones they already share anyway, fireball, ground stomp, and tele stomp.

Last edited:

Dark

Noob
Honestly wouldn't really want Kintaro, didn't like his look in MK9 (went too far on the whole furry tiger thing) and he always has generic monster bad guy lines like "I will eat your heart", where Goro has an actual personality and dialogue.

Keep in mind I don't really know anything storywise about Kintaro or if he is less of a monster and more of a character in any other games, but from MK9.. I'd definitely prefer Goro.