What's new

"Death to All" YOMI REO Wins Atlanta Kombat Arena #12

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Yes, I believe that was the whole point of nerfing them. You don't nerf a character with the intentions of making it shitty. You want them to stay good but less ridiculous, which is what happened with KL and Tanya. Characters being good doesn't mean the balance is as terrible as MK9, which is what Brady insanely implied in his original post.

Please spare me the baffling logic.
Wowz, u r so cleva.

Ofc the intent isn't to ruin them, you goon. Did they also want Injustice Scorp to 'stay good'? Look what happened there.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I think you missed the part where he placed second at EVO with Mileena... And almost beat PL's pre-patched Lao lol....

Sure Reo only does well with OP chars... Inj kids man.
I haven't missed this part and I was waiting for this argument. Mileena was considered like being top tier at this time. Also, the mk kommunity was pretty young, that's why I said "from EVO".

One example is not enough to generalized, especially when mk9 was young (Ermac was shining as well at the beginning...). At the end, only Sonicfox brought Mileena in top 3 while Reo was using Kabal or Kunglao to make results.

coolwhip

Noob
I honestly don't think what Tom is saying has anything to do with how he feels about Subzero. I think his concern do have merit. I can understand where he is coming from.
I find it safe to assume Tom would in no way be complaining if he were satisfied with Sub-Zero, the same way all he preached about for the first month was how we shouldn't complain about characters until at least after EVO and we should "let the game breathe." We've been here long enough to spot an agenda when we see it.

What I never want to hear on stream like this or in comments bellow is that: BS is top 1, top 5 (it is pretty obvious he is top 10 but everything else is just speculation at this point in games life), that dark beam is plus on block (Lol), or that it is -3,that f4 is 6 frames, or Scepter Slam is 14 (@Pig Of The Hut f4 is 7, Scepter slam is 15 and dark beam is -4, you were just a frame off on those all but it is a big deal when it comes to poking out after dark beam or counter poking with f4), and most of all that BS is the new MK9 Kenshi, WTF?! How do you know that?!?
Oh! The funny one is when @MF SLAYER thought that Ex Shoulder that DJT did cost 2 bars)))) No! The spark he does after his shoulder hits comes out everytime you do the EX Shoulder, you don't burn the second bar for it)
And yes people he is only plus when he burns meter (dark blast or MB Hell Sparks) everywhere else you can poke out.
His standing reset after f22 1+3xxdark beam isn't the best vortex in the game, Hell it isn't even a vortex. Shinnok is at + 8 after dark beam on hit that means only the immediate 7 frame low follow up is guaranteed. Overhead, throw, delayed low are all armorable/backdashable. You can just block low for 8 frames and than immediately mash armor or backdash!!

What I never want to hear on stream like this or in comments bellow is that: BS is top 1, top 5 (it is pretty obvious he is top 10 but everything else is just speculation at this point in games life), that dark beam is plus on block (Lol), or that it is -3,that f4 is 6 frames, or Scepter Slam is 14 (@Pig Of The Hut f4 is 7, Scepter slam is 15 and dark beam is -4, you were just a frame off on those all but it is a big deal when it comes to poking out after dark beam or counter poking with f4), and most of all that BS is the new MK9 Kenshi, WTF?! How do you know that?!?
Oh! The funny one is when @MF SLAYER thought that Ex Shoulder that DJT did cost 2 bars)))) No! The spark he does after his shoulder hits comes out everytime you do the EX Shoulder, you don't burn the second bar for it)
And yes people he is only plus when he burns meter (dark blast or MB Hell Sparks) everywhere else you can poke out.
His standing reset after f22 1+3xxdark beam isn't the best vortex in the game, Hell it isn't even a vortex. Shinnok is at + 8 after dark beam on hit that means only the immediate 7 frame low follow up is guaranteed. Overhead, throw, delayed low are all armorable/backdashable. You can just block low for 8 frames and than immediately mash armor or backdash!!
The argument I see cowboy and some other shinnok players make is that you can armor out of the overhead follow up. The thing is the low is guaranteed which means you have to respect it anyway. It is not a true vortex, but I feel like people downplay it.

I find it safe to assume Tom would in no way be complaining if he were satisfied with Sub-Zero, the same way all he preached about for the first month was how we shouldn't complain about characters until at least after EVO and we should "let the game breathe." We've been here long enough to spot an agenda when we see it.
Brady was also the one who said that d1xxTrident Rush MB wasn't any good, when Dizzy was doing it two month after the launch. He is also one of the authors of the Scorpion Scare which he never apologized for)can we stop pretending like he knows shit)?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I haven't missed this part and I was waiting for this argument. Mileena was considered like being top tier at this time. Also, the mk kommunity was pretty young, that's why I said "from EVO".

One example is not enough to generalized, especially when mk9 was young (Ermac was shining as well at the beginning...). At the end, only Sonicfox brought Mileena in top 3 while Reo was using Kabal or Kunglao to make results.
Ok you win. Reo is a scrub that wouldn't place if it wasn't for impossible to beat OP chars.

The argument I see cowboy and some other shinnok players make is that you can armor out of the overhead follow up. The thing is the low is guaranteed which means you have to respect it anyway. It is not a true vortex, but I feel like people downplay it.
I see you point, but you can always respect low in the beginning(first 8 frames )and then immediately armor/backdash anything that come later than that. And with @UltraDavid s OS tech you can OS block/backdash or block/armor EVERYTIME!

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
You can thank tom brady and his gang for that.
Brady hate is so funny.

Should I also thank him for Batgirl and MMH being good? Ooo, or pre-patch Tanya? NRS has a mind of their own, their patches have been pretty good so far. But let's be serious, if they go overboard again, I'm sure it will come back to Brady, right?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Brady was also the one who said that d1xxTrident Rush MB wasn't any good, when Dizzy was doing it two month after the launch. He is also one of the authors of the Scorpion Scare which he never apologized for)can we stop pretending like he knows shit)?
And who are you again? Never seen you in any top16 at any major...

And who are you again? Never seen you in any top16 at any major...
That is probably because I live in Russia and honestly I suck as a player))) although I play some really good players here. Haven't seen you OR Brady in top 16 at mkx majors either for that matter))

Brady hate is so funny.

Should I also thank him for Batgirl and MMH being good? Ooo, or pre-patch Tanya? NRS has a mind of their own, their patches have been pretty good so far. But let's be serious, if they go overboard again, I'm sure it will come back to Brady, right?
It seems you are unaware of what happened in the past.

Please stop saying "much like MK9." There isn't anything in this game that is as terrible as Kabal, Kenshi or Cyrax. Nothing. I don't even think the balance is that great for now (but I think it will be eventually), but to make MK9 comparisons is absolute lunacy. And yes, I think much of your salt has to do with your character being nerfed.

I have no idea where and why you suddenly came up with this talking point but let's be real. I find it hilarious how you always preach to "let the game breathe" but suddenly feel you've gathered enough info in a couple of months to compare this game to knowledge we've acquired in 3 years of playing MK9. Come on.
And I believe in let the game breathe.... until it doesn't happen and buffs and nerfs get handed out. Then, AND ONLY THEN, do i say anything. I also have no idea why you keep bringing SZ into things. I have no agenda.

I see that IGAU has completely destroyed any kind of credibility I have to the point that I have no valid knowledge of games. If I had been aware of this I just never would have said anything. Now that I know this I wont come in and speak on anything..whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:
When I said first that about Aquaman he had a better option such as BLOCK INFINITE that had an overhead launcher or mix up the BLOCK INFINITE with a scoop which was a SAFE low launcher. Why would I D1~rush when I can BLOCK INFINITE you with a string that has an over launcher with the option to mix up the overhead with a SAFE low launcher?

After the initial patch, I didnt understand Aquaman, he just wasn't my style. I was just being pigheaded later in that game and I was completely wrong about D1~rush after the first patch.

A lot of you guys seem to only know me from igau and thus judge me solely from that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
And the crying starts. Instead of "this character is good, time to grind the MU", it's "this character is broke, s tier for sure, nerf so I don't have to deal with him pls". Shinnok is good, but he shouldn't be nerfed because he's good. He's fine, he has weaknesses, but hey, it's easier to cry and hope for a nerf than to actually lean the MU. Stay classy TYM.

loogie

Noob
the funniest thing ever ... to my knowledge you don't play the game offline or online, never had a competitive scene (mk9, injustice included) where you are and YET you go on and argue with folks who actually COMPETE in tournaments and GRIND out matchups and know a thing or two about what a 'balanced' game is.
I'd like to see you post a vid one day, about a character, or two, or anything MKX related. All you do is pick on others with confusing jargon, and just plain hate on folks who want the best for the game. it's not cool anymore.

PS: I'll be in your city this weekend, if you want to prove me wrong - pm me your location and we can have an offline set. I so want to have a set with you (if you have the game that is ... )

coolwhip

Noob
And I believe in let the game breathe.... until it doesn't happen and buffs and nerfs get handed out. Then, AND ONLY THEN, do i say anything. I also have no idea why you keep bringing SZ into things. I have no agenda.

I see that IGAU has completely destroyed any kind of credibility I have to the point that I have no valid knowledge of games. If I had been aware of this I just never would have said anything. Now that I know this I wont come in and speak on anything..whatever happens, happens.
I'm sure you have great knowledge of the game. I'm also sure you have an agenda and your logic is absurd. You say you can only fight characters like Tanya and Kung Lao with top tiers when a dude just mopped them up playing Kitana.

You're comparing this game to MK9? You think there's a Kabal, Cyrax or Kenshi?

When I said first that about Aquaman he had a better option such as BLOCK INFINITE that had an overhead launcher or mix up the BLOCK INFINITE with a scoop which was a SAFE low launcher. Why would I D1~rush when I can BLOCK INFINITE you with a string that has an over launcher with the option to mix up the overhead with a SAFE low launcher?

After the initial patch, I didnt understand Aquaman, he just wasn't my style. I was just being pigheaded later in that game and I was completely wrong about D1~rush after the first patch.

A lot of you guys seem to only know me from igau and thus judge me solely from that.
Tom, I actually liked you since mk9 days. I have been watching NRS scene closely since back then. And I usually like stuff you post. But sometimes you have got to admit you are just too emotional about stuff. So, right now it seems to be too early to say that Bone Shaper 7:3 half of the cast like Mk9 Kenshi did. And people are overreacting. Tanya's OP stuff was obvious- armored, partially invincible, 7 frame start up, +6 on block move among other things like the best mobility in the game in general. Removing Shinnok's +24 was reasonable, although it hurt Impostor a lot. There is no need for nerfing him into oblivion before we see how most of his MU play out.
D1xxtrident rush MB, come on it was 28% on hit, over 16% chip damage on block hard to punish and built half a bar back. PLUS the chip damage was bigger prepatch. So the damage was almost equal on hit and on block. If you ask me that is always a great thing to use. And Dizzy showed it at UFGT right after the launch of IGAU.

I'm sure you have great knowledge of the game. I'm also sure you have an agenda and your logic is absurd. You say you can only fight characters like Tanya and Kung Lao with top tiers when a dude just mopped them up playing Kitana.

You're comparing this game to MK9? You think there's a Kabal, Cyrax or Kenshi?
I said nothing about Tanya and KL outside of only referencing the results of the last major.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew

Your argument proves nothing. Just because REO won a lot with top tier characters, it does not mean he wouldn't have done so with lower tier characters. When money is on the line, you do whatever gives you the best chance to win, you are not focused on invalidating arguments from scrubs that you are a tier whore.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
And the crying starts. Instead of "this character is good, time to grind the MU", it's "this character is broke, s tier for sure, nerf so I don't have to deal with him pls". Shinnok is good, but he shouldn't be nerfed because he's good. He's fine, he has weaknesses, but hey, it's easier to cry and hope for a nerf than to actually lean the MU. Stay classy TYM.
After they nerfed Subz due to the crying I gave up on this community. There is no hope for us here lol.