What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

After yesterday's patch and kombat pack updates, both of us were able to connect and play just fine.
Question is how long will it last for? It seems once you're hit by this bug it just gets worse, and occasionally starts working OK, only to start happening again.

It'd be nice if someone had the capability, assuming it's even possible, to sniff the data coming/going to the Xbox. Makes me wonder if there's anything weird happening. That said, it shouldn't even be required to even think about that, as NRS should have all that info & more at their disposal to be able to determine the issue and find a fix for it.

Can someone tweet @XboxSupport? Or even better everyone that has a twitter account. Hell i might sign up just for this!

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So after:
12hrs of downloading (yeah i've got a typical Aus connection, but that's not the issue with the game before anyone decides to pipe in with a remark!),
40gb downloaded, being the WHOLE DAMN GAME!!! Why the hell did I buy a disc?,
blowing out my download allowance for the month,
an Xbox that needs to have all it's apps/games moved back or downloaded again,
a TV tuner that now isn't working despite working flawlessly before the reset.

Here's where i'm at... get ready...

It's still doing the same damn thing! Couldn't even give me 10 mins of no waiting...

Current version is 0.209-06, is this correct? Other people that have done the update?

@shogunoflive , what version should I be on now? Why is it still not working properly? Why can't this be fixed? Why is no one willing to say anything about this.

shogun seems to have given up on TYM since last month according to his profile... Same as the WB games support guys. I've sent 2 bug reports, and 3 help requests. After the first response i've never received any reply back from them... absolutely pathetic.

I swear i've spent more time waiting in this game than i have playing.

And also, maybe it's more an Xbox issue, why did the whole game download when I had a disc to install it from?
The game once again, can't even connect to ANYONE!! People i've played all the time, now i get an instant "challenge declined" message.

Open NAT, all connection tests pass. I've opened/closed the game countless times, the xbox has been restarted, hot/cold you name it.. same shit.

Wait 5+mins for it to finally connect online, waits longer than it should connecting to the chat servers, can enter a room ok, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON i try to connect to gets the declined message. Something is seriously screwed up over there.

The whole reason I bought an Xbox One was to play MKX, and now I have to put up with this shit. Looks bad for both NRS and MS.
These 2 things speak for me:

And to NRS, ironically since the Tanya patch:

"You disgust me"

Audit

Falls down too much
1. No
2. No
3. One
4. Yes

Anyway, I downloaded the patch and installed everything yesterday when I got home from work. Got online and it worked fine. Fo the record, my frustration was because my brother couldn't play because he was also experiencing the issue, and he's one of the only people I've ever played online where it was tolerable.

After yesterday's patch and kombat pack updates, both of us were able to connect and play just fine.

I also had no issues after the patch last night. The behavior is very changed, I now just sit at the Read Stats for 30 seconds sometimes, but that's as long as I've had to wait. Hopefully it's fixed!

Ive installed the game on my brothers xbox and it works completley fine. Been playing for hours now without any issue. The game version is 0.209-06. Same version of the game is on my xbox and it doesnt work at all. So it cant be an issue with the incorrect game version right? Can anybody comfirm if a factory reset works?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ive installed the game on my brothers xbox and it works completley fine. Been playing for hours now without any issue. The game version is 0.209-06. Same version of the game is on my xbox and it doesnt work at all. So it cant be an issue with the incorrect game version right? Can anybody comfirm if a factory reset works?
Thank you for testing this. This confirms that it's not an ISP issue either. Check again tomorrow and see if it's still perfectly fine

Can someone tweet @XboxSupport? Or even better everyone that has a twitter account. Hell i might sign up just for this!
And @MajorNelson while we're at it. May as well get him in on the action.

I also had no issues after the patch last night. The behavior is very changed, I now just sit at the Read Stats for 30 seconds sometimes, but that's as long as I've had to wait. Hopefully it's fixed!
I think everyone here will be more than happy with that! Let's hope it stays that way for you.

Agree. The whole version thing, may have been something else entirely, or only related to Damo who was the only one as far as I could tell with a different version.

Thank you for testing this. This confirms that it's not an ISP issue either. Check again tomorrow and see if it's still perfectly fine
Yep, issue is 100% at their side.

its working for me since i got predator. More specificaly right when a new invasion popped up on my screen. But i signed in with another account to test if its fixed... nope. Not even gonna bother playing when i know its going back to shit soon.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Wanna know fucking weird? Here's fucking weird: I'm normally connected wired to our main modem. And today, just for shits and kicks, I decided to connect wireless to our router. And guess what: It worked? It's been working fine all day though my connection suffers from being wireless but at least I don't have to sit through a 7 minute total of loading screens to connect to online.

I'll check back on you guys tomorrow to see if the plague catches up. But this is some weird fucking shit. It's as if specific connections are being targetted randomly

So the game still works fine on my brothers xbox. Ive noticed that the game version now said 0.209-06-8afb41c8
Ive checked back on my xbox and it said the same even though online is still not working. Before it was just 0.209-06
Does yours says the same?

Wanna know fucking weird? Here's fucking weird: I'm normally connected wired to our main modem. And today, just for shits and kicks, I decided to connect wireless to our router. And guess what: It worked? It's been working fine all day though my connection suffers from being wireless but at least I don't have to sit through a 7 minute total of loading screens to connect to online.

I'll check back on you guys tomorrow to see if the plague catches up. But this is some weird fucking shit. It's as if specific connections are being targetted randomly
I use the same wired connection for both my brothers and my xbox so that indeed very weird.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So the game still works fine on my brothers xbox. Ive noticed that the game version now said 0.209-06-8afb41c8
Ive checked back on my xbox and it said the same even though online is still not working. Before it was just 0.209-06
Does yours says the same?

I use the same wired connection for both my brothers and my xbox so that indeed very weird.
I love how at this point we've probably looked into this way deeper than the shit that is the NRS online team. I mean, if that Shogunoflive person is indeed an NRS employee, what has he done? Told Damo "lol ur version is different" and never spoke again. Fucking horseshit

I love how at this point we've probably looked into this way deeper than the shit that is the NRS online team. I mean, if that Shogunoflive person is indeed an NRS employee, what has he done? Told Damo "lol ur version is different" and never spoke again. Fucking horseshit
Yea. But im really starting to think is a problem with microsoft. Why else would the same game work on a different xbox. Although every other game i play on my xbox works completley fine.
I would really like to know if a factory reset solves this issue. Has anybody tried that?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yea. But im really starting to think is a problem with microsoft. Why else would the same game work on a different xbox. Although every other game i play on my xbox works completley fine.
I would really like to know if a factory reset solves this issue. Has anybody tried that?
@theotherguy has and it didn't solve the issue. Too bad, really. Dude spent 12 hours re-installing everything for nothing.

At this point I don't give a flying fuck who's reponsible because everyone just plays the blaming game. "It's not us, it's MS" "It's not us, it's NRS" "it's not us, it's you" fuck off with that horseshit already

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Anyone else having issues getting the game to start? I had a call and was in a koth, i had no time to quit, shut off so I just hut power. Minutes later I get back from call and store, game takes long to boot up, freezes on me first mk wb etc screen....word? Tried my pool game same shut, Xbox doing something?

@theotherguy has and it didn't solve the issue. Too bad, really. Dude spent 12 hours re-installing everything for nothing.
Yup, and what really kicked me in the guts, over next 4hours while watching TV, making dinner and doing other things - i tried going online constantly during that time. Each and every time there was a wait, and even after it finally connected, i wasn't able to connect to one single player. It's almost as if i was actively blocked from connecting to anyone. So in four hours I managed to play a total of 0 games online!

About the wireless thing. I tried the very same thing about a week ago, along with every other option I could see on the xbox. Didn't help me.

Had a chat with MS again yesterday, who apparently had a chat with some NRS dudes and said "they know of the issue, it's a server thing, they're upgrading bla bla bullshit"

I'm going to keep on MS, seeing as it seems they do have some contact with NRS. And at least they reply and talk to their users. About the response, I call bullshit - if they need to upgrade servers 2 months into the game, when from what I can see there's 1/2 as many users online now as what there used to be, then they're doing something wrong.

Oh, and if anyone does tweet Xboxsupport or MajorNelson, please keep it civil. Make the point - long time to connect is broken, no swearing, threats etc. Stuff like that just begs to be deleted, and doesn't do anyone in the community any good.

Off to try again. Wish me luck.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yup, and what really kicked me in the guts, over next 4hours while watching TV, making dinner and doing other things - i tried going online constantly during that time. Each and every time there was a wait, and even after it finally connected, i wasn't able to connect to one single player. It's almost as if i was actively blocked from connecting to anyone. So in four hours I managed to play a total of 0 games online!

About the wireless thing. I tried the very same thing about a week ago, along with every other option I could see on the xbox. Didn't help me.

Had a chat with MS again yesterday, who apparently had a chat with some NRS dudes and said "they know of the issue, it's a server thing, they're upgrading bla bla bullshit"

I'm going to keep on MS, seeing as it seems they do have some contact with NRS. And at least they reply and talk to their users. About the response, I call bullshit - if they need to upgrade servers 2 months into the game, when from what I can see there's 1/2 as many users online now as what there used to be, then they're doing something wrong.

Oh, and if anyone does tweet Xboxsupport or MajorNelson, please keep it civil. Make the point - long time to connect is broken, no swearing, threats etc. Stuff like that just begs to be deleted, and doesn't do anyone in the community any good.

If this is true tem there might actually be hope. I'm willing to have my dreams crushed again if it means there's a chance I can play this game online normally again. Even though "normal" is not even near acceptable

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Anyone else having issues getting the game to start? I had a call and was in a koth, i had no time to quit, shut off so I just hut power. Minutes later I get back from call and store, game takes long to boot up, freezes on me first mk wb etc screen....word? Tried my pool game same shut, Xbox doing something?
Hard reset the xbox. It happened to me once I think around the time of Jason release. If that doesn't work try clearing the cache

IF it was really anything to do with connections i dont think one GT would work for me and not another?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
IF it was really anything to do with connections i dont think one GT would work for me and not another?
That wasn't the case for me, I already tried switching accounts and they all still had it.

Also update on the connection thing: I decided to connect back to our main modem, wireless this time and BAM! loading screens loading screens loading screens. I connect back to our router and it works fine, though again, my connection suffers.

I guess I hit the mark. Specific connections are being targetted for no god damn reason. Same with @theotherguy with 1 xbox working and not for another.

Someone send this data to whoever can fix this shit for the love of god.

So there still hope for a fix. I hope they onto this stupid problem fast.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I noticed something strange yesterday that may or may not be the possible problem. I run all my xbox one games off of an external hard drive because the internal drive is too small at 500 GBs. I logged in on the game yesterday and noticed that the predator did not install for me after the update patch (I own the the Kombat Pass). So I went into the xbox store to download the predator content by redownloading the the Kombat pass. This is where I noticed something strange. For some reason the compatability patches were being installed to the internal hard drive while the costume packs, characters and updates were being installed to the external hard drive. I transferred everything to the the external hard drive and everything was working fine. This is the only game that I have who installs patches/hotfixes to the wrong drive. Perhaps it is doing the same for some of you guys, or if you are using the internal drive, it has installed the patch in the different directory on your hard drive. Check it out.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Just curious, how much will a wired connection help online? Most of my matches are fine, like there isn't a huge visible lag or disconnects, but there is this nasty little input delay that I can feel and I cannot stand it. It feels like the my attacks come out a little later than they do offline and its annoying having to get used to it every time I play online lol if I go out and buy an Ethernet cable or w.e today will it eliminate that little input delay?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Just curious, how much will a wired connection help online? Most of my matches are fine, like there isn't a huge visible lag or disconnects, but there is this nasty little input delay that I can feel and I cannot stand it. It feels like the my attacks come out a little later than they do offline and its annoying having to get used to it every time I play online lol if I go out and buy an Ethernet cable or w.e today will it eliminate that little input delay?
Welcome to the NRS Online experience. Going wired certainly helps. But it does not solve the problem.

I noticed something strange yesterday that may or may not be the possible problem. I run all my xbox one games off of an external hard drive because the internal drive is too small at 500 GBs. I logged in on the game yesterday and noticed that the predator did not install for me after the update patch (I own the the Kombat Pass). So I went into the xbox store to download the predator content by redownloading the the Kombat pass. This is where I noticed something strange. For some reason the compatability patches were being installed to the internal hard drive while the costume packs, characters and updates were being installed to the external hard drive. I transferred everything to the the external hard drive and everything was working fine. This is the only game that I have who installs patches/hotfixes to the wrong drive. Perhaps it is doing the same for some of you guys, or if you are using the internal drive, it has installed the patch in the different directory on your hard drive. Check it out.
Since the 360 all downloads go automatically in the main hard drive first until you transfer it yourself. I've had problems with DLCs in MK9 and Injustice because of this. But for the X1 I don't use an external hard drive so there's nowhere else for the updates to go to. And seeing as I'm on the current version of the game anyways, it doesn't seem to be a part of the problem.

Soon maybe later today when I get home I plan on making a thread with details of symptoms, tried solutions and possible causes.