What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

Just tried your suggestion and it doesn't work. It's just your lucky streak atm it'll o away soon enough. It happens to me too sometimes
strange cause i couldent get on when i got update doing the same bull shit but i deleted mac address i noticed i had no gold bought the gold it works better then ever looks fixed but maybe it wount last

Has anyone tried to reset their X1 into factory default? I can handle re-installing MKX but I'm part of the Xbox Preview Program and I don't want to risk losing that.
I said the same a few posts above, and that's my plan once the patch is out... which it seems is now. Just need to find a HDD to transfer all my other stuff so i don't have to download it all again.

@call ME damo - good to see that it's working for you now, but i'm with Fraud on this and I think you've just hit a lucky patch for a bit. Was working great for me yesterday as well for a good 2 hours. Then just before I decided to go one more ranked match it started again.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I said the same a few posts above, and that's my plan once the patch is out... which it seems is now. Just need to find a HDD to transfer all my other stuff so i don't have to download it all again.

@call ME damo - good to see that it's working for you now, but i'm with Fraud on this and I think you've just hit a lucky patch for a bit. Was working great for me yesterday as well for a good 2 hours. Then just before I decided to go one more ranked match it started again.
I'd be willing to risk my Preview Member status if it means I can play MKX again. The back compat catalog doesn't include any of my 360 games as of now anyways

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Or.. you know... At least acknowledge the damn problem. That would be a start.

"We are aware of the issue regarding online connections on xbox one."

Guess how long it took to type that.
That's because they know it's not going to be fixed and they just want to sweep it under te rug. Same deal as the lack of mentions in removing the option selects or Sub Zero's Ice Clone "working as intended"

Ive downloaded the patch but mine still broken aswell. Is this how customers get treated nowadays? Sell a product to them and when its now working properly just ignore it. Im done with this game. Gonna sell the game tomorrow. Cant be asked to keep checking if it works just to get dissapointed again.

Audit

Falls down too much
Can the people that are having this issue answer a few questions?

1: Is any of your DLC screwed up? If so which pack?
2: Do you use a converter or non-standard controller of some sort?
3: How many profiles are signed into the Xbox at once?
4: Are you signed in with a WBID?

No update.

As you may or may not know, Xbox decides to download updates for the game before the game installs from the disc. For some stupid reason, instead of downloading 2.5-10gb worth of updates and then installing the game from disc, my xbox seems to be downloading the WHOLE DAMN GAME. Not sure what that is all about?

Being on an 8mb DSL connection, it's still going. Should be done by the time i get home from work today. If there are still issues after blowing 40gb of my download allowance, I sure as hell am not going to be happy.

Also im gonna install the game on my brothers xbox tonight to see if it will happen there too. I let you guys know how it went. If hes not getting the problem it defnitley not on our end because we using the same internet connection.

Dean

On The Grind
I haven't read through every page in this thread but I wanted to share my experience with this thus far.

This has been happening to me since Tanya was released. It has gotten worse and worse since, I now literally have to wait 20 minutes most of the time just to play one game before I have to repeat the process all over again.

I have tried multiple things.

Hard Reset my Xbox.

Opened all necessary ports on my router multiple times.

Power Cycled the Xbox by unplugging the power source, waiting for the white light on the power supply, then restarting the system.

I have contacted WB Support, NRS support as well.

I haven't gotten much response at all, the only thing I've gotten was from submitting a help ticket.

I described this very issue in great detail but the people that would send a reply would always give me some dumbass suggestion as if It was an issue on my end of the game.

Uninstall the game, then reinstall.
Hard Reset.
Etc..

I have sent back numerous times that it is absolutely on their end, that I was tired of getting the run around and that I spent good money on this game and that it was absurd I am getting treated the way I am as a result.

I have yet to get a single answer to this issue and I'm about to drop this game completely because of it.

I hope that more voices speaking out about this will finally change things and they will actually look to resolve this issue.

After last patch i couldnt connect to any room online, reinstalled
Patched today = same story, cant play online

PC MASTER RACE, have no fking idea what to do, wont download 40GB 3rd time lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I just went to see if maybe i can play some matches and when i was on the connecting to online screen it worked normal until it said reading players stats( i was still able to back out at that point). After waiting about 5-10 seconds i get a message that says failed to read player stats. Ive never seen that before.

So after:
12hrs of downloading (yeah i've got a typical Aus connection, but that's not the issue with the game before anyone decides to pipe in with a remark!),
40gb downloaded, being the WHOLE DAMN GAME!!! Why the hell did I buy a disc?,
blowing out my download allowance for the month,
an Xbox that needs to have all it's apps/games moved back or downloaded again,
a TV tuner that now isn't working despite working flawlessly before the reset.

Here's where i'm at... get ready...

It's still doing the same damn thing! Couldn't even give me 10 mins of no waiting...

Current version is 0.209-06, is this correct? Other people that have done the update?

@shogunoflive , what version should I be on now? Why is it still not working properly? Why can't this be fixed? Why is no one willing to say anything about this.

shogun seems to have given up on TYM since last month according to his profile... Same as the WB games support guys. I've sent 2 bug reports, and 3 help requests. After the first response i've never received any reply back from them... absolutely pathetic.

I swear i've spent more time waiting in this game than i have playing.

And also, maybe it's more an Xbox issue, why did the whole game download when I had a disc to install it from?

Last edited:
The game once again, can't even connect to ANYONE!! People i've played all the time, now i get an instant "challenge declined" message.

Open NAT, all connection tests pass. I've opened/closed the game countless times, the xbox has been restarted, hot/cold you name it.. same shit.

Wait 5+mins for it to finally connect online, waits longer than it should connecting to the chat servers, can enter a room ok, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON i try to connect to gets the declined message. Something is seriously screwed up over there.

The whole reason I bought an Xbox One was to play MKX, and now I have to put up with this shit. Looks bad for both NRS and MS.

Last edited:
The game once again, can't even connect to ANYONE!! People i've played all the time, now i get an instant "player declined" message.

Open NAT, all connection tests pass. I've opened/closed the game countless times, the xbox has been restarted, hot/cold you name it.. same shit.

Wait 5+mins for to finally connect online, waits longer than it should connecting the chat servers, can enter a room ok, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON i try to connect to gets the declined message. Something is seriously screwed up over there.

The whole reason I bought an Xbox One was to play MKX, and now I have to put up with this shit. Looks bad for both NRS and MS.
well my witcher 3 just cum so bye mk

Can the people that are having this issue answer a few questions?

1: Is any of your DLC screwed up? If so which pack?
2: Do you use a converter or non-standard controller of some sort?
3: How many profiles are signed into the Xbox at once?
4: Are you signed in with a WBID?
1. No
2. No
3. One
4. Yes

Anyway, I downloaded the patch and installed everything yesterday when I got home from work. Got online and it worked fine. Fo the record, my frustration was because my brother couldn't play because he was also experiencing the issue, and he's one of the only people I've ever played online where it was tolerable.

After yesterday's patch and kombat pack updates, both of us were able to connect and play just fine.