What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
This is obviously me spitballing, but I guess the reasoning is that because B1 is a tick throw, having the opponent guess between b1 grab or b13 would be a bit much. If they guessed wrong, b13 would blow up armor attempts and backdashes without a gap.

Which would be very strong in the corner. I'm not saying that this is definite, but it's my guess as to why it is the way it is.

Look at it this way: Cassie's b124 has had a gap in it for some time, and people still block the full string.
Yeah but cassie is plus after the full string.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Nah, Kotal's B14 has to be more than -10. It's like -17 or thereabouts
-14? It's b122 that's -10. My bad.

Anyway, since you can armor or backdash the grab off that, and MB Sun disc, he really has to commit with that string in Sun God.

So I don't think it's the same situation as Kano's B13.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If someone can test it jump on and see what his bnb damage is like now. I know 112~grab is 24% and 22~grab is 26% but what about metered? 112~ex ball cancel, 22~grab? 22~ex ball cancel, 22~grab? What's the damage on those?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
If someone can test it jump on and see what his bnb damage is like now. I know 112~grab is 24% and 22~grab is 26% but what about metered? 112~ex ball cancel, 22~grab? 22~ex ball cancel, 22~grab? What's the damage on those?
ill try to test it and get back to you

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
What do we know about the ability of this new 22 in the corner? It appears to have pretty good scaling based off what is posted above, might be fun.

kantboy-2

Ripper
What might become a thing is starting a string and leaving a gap to bait attacks for parry up close. ;)

It's like he doesn't need an air throw after all. :D

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Btw is b1 choke a true string? And does choke still whiff everywhere?

Just realised b1 parry might be a thing if b1 is slower
i haven't tried that yet. if it happens I'll let u know what i find out

on am unrelated note i swear f33 tick throw can be ducked. it looked like it happened to me.....it was only once but still