What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

SPY

Noob
Hm what's point of B1 tick now, if there is backdashable\armourable gap between B1,3 which eliminates both tickthrow and string options?
I pray for whiffs fix.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So from what I'm reading, Commando Kano's changes are:
  • 22 New String, safe
  • b13 1+3 string
  • Can connect standing strings into his command grabs
  • B1 tick throw
  • Choke is more + on hit
Not to mention Cutthroat's b1 range increased, and db1 is -5 on block....

Oh MAN I wish I had the beta right now.

Oh, and Rest in Peace Cybernetic.

So, @tylerlansdown think you could get the b13 gap fixed? That kinda hurts Cybernetic Kano a bit too much. Especially since there were no Cybernetic Buffs, like 1+3 restand enders being special cancel-able.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Btw does command grab work on hit after b1? Could be insane oki where you can OS b1 ex command grab to break armor, tick on block or just have b1 come out on delayed WU.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Btw does command grab work on hit after b1? Could be insane oki where you can OS b1 ex command grab to break armor, tick on block or just have b1 come out on delayed WU.
it does. i think almost every attack he has that truck throws also connects on hit (i haven't tested this pokes yet but like 90% of the others do work)

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
anyone feel like his d4 aa's better now? i do it to low profile jump ins but i feel like I'm hitting people with it more
do you hit them while in the air or like a trip guard? I do this as well. it would be great if the vertical Hitbox got adjusted.

Can somebody explain to me why b14 having a gap is really such a big deal in cybernetic...commando got some legit buffs still need fixes but I'm happy with the buffs....if you can bait the armor punish and adapt...everybody still ain't armor or back dashing through gaps even in high level play...especially Sonyas overhead low! Kano is my day one secondary btw lol

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Can somebody explain to me why b14 having a gap is really such a big deal in cybernetic...commando got some legit buffs still need fixes but I'm happy with the buffs....if you can bait the armor punish and adapt...everybody still ain't armor or back dashing through gaps even in high level play...especially Sonyas overhead low! Kano is my day one secondary btw lol
Cybernetic already has trouble with offense, if you put a hole in his most important string what do you think is gonna happen? His only important strings without gaps will be B31(14 frame low with no range but is +1 on block), 32(poor man's B13), and B23(crazy range but no priority what-so-ever and is 18 frames).

And the talk of people not backdashing gaps at high level play is bullshit, people have been backdashing gaps since injustice

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
And the talk of people not backdashing gaps at high level play is bullshit, people have been backdashing gaps since injustice
I disagree with this bit. Ever seen people backdash Wonder Woman's 33? I've only ever seen PPJ use Hawkgirls Evade through it, noone else ever backdashed it. Ever seen anyone backdash through Batgirl's low and high cartwheel enders? I sure haven't. Green Lantern's B12? I guess it was done a little more but still very rare. Martian's 22B3? I think you get what I'm saying.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
@pnd_Musturd Holy Cow! This vid of Kano changes to Commando were awesome. The Kano air ball being overhead is so hugh of a change. I hope this is universal move.

Tick throws on standing strings is massive overhual. People better not stand and block against him anymore or get ate. Baiting the improved (wish they never change it from vanilla version) B1 is good.

The new string B2,1 is sick. B2, 4 i used for the stagger effect then rush to a command grab. Now I can string it together with B2, 1!

Kano just moved up some tier levels it seems. So happy with these changes. Just hope NR dont cave in and neef these durme to whining losers.

*i can't link people on the forums for some reason*

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
So wait, does f4 work or not, cuz @AK L0rdoftheFLY is saying that it does tick.
He's probably making the same mistake as me or referring to my mistake as I said it first

Basically I was in a match and the first thing I tried was F4 tick throw and I thought it worked (not knowing it actually hit and was the new cmd grabs combo combo standing buff)

But tried it letter that day it definitely doesn't I'm sure Fly was just referring from what I said

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I disagree with this bit. Ever seen people backdash Wonder Woman's 33? I've only ever seen PPJ use Hawkgirls Evade through it, noone else ever backdashed it. Ever seen anyone backdash through Batgirl's low and high cartwheel enders? I sure haven't. Green Lantern's B12? I guess it was done a little more but still very rare. Martian's 22B3? I think you get what I'm saying.
*Raises hand slowly*

Backdash master since day 1 with Lord Shazam. And people do definitely backdash, but for some reason they just prefer the idea of armoring instead. Give it another 4 months and I guarantee that people will finally realize that there are other ways to get out of situations instead of armor.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
*Raises hand slowly*

Backdash master since day 1 with Lord Shazam. And people do definitely backdash, but for some reason they just prefer the idea of armoring instead. Give it another 4 months and I guarantee that people will finally realize that there are other ways to get out of situations instead of armor.
It's been 10 months and noone backdashes Kano's 112, they're not doing it with B13 lol. Hell for two years straight I only ever saw one person in tournament backdash after Batgirls J2 on block in Injustice. Just because me and you lab shit doesn't mean the rest of the community do lol.