What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Okay here's a preview on some OS tech I'm working on with Commando Kano

I'll be posting a full thread with a full video on how and why it works and other option when the PSN is back up and a few other cool things

But sure I might as well post a glimpse to give people an idea
How much hit adv is cmnd grab do yoh know?
Edit: this is kewl

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
How much hit adv is cmnd grab do yoh know?
Edit: this is kewl
Yeah it's a 2 frame window I was gonna put in the video that use Ex up ball or Ex Choke first to start off

Then once your comfortable using Ex Straight ball for full combos although it can be beat by late wake ups since B13 comes out but the cool side to that is if they get up short delay you can confirm to Ex knifes (if they don't whiff lol) and fully safe from late get ups

You can also do B raw ball if you get the timing and feel ballsy

IrishMantis

Parry is meterless but the risk reward is worse. I personally don't like to parry WUs in the corner. Cool to see people still manning commando though
I was going to do all the option but yeah your right I found its 2 frames but you can pull off 41% if you time it right so pays off

Hook me a link to the thread

IrishMantis

Parry is meterless but the risk reward is worse. I personally don't like to parry WUs in the corner. Cool to see people still manning commando though
Just watched your video

Your and my option select is different

My option select if you time it right the back 1 whiffs they don't wake up your video is just for beating wake ups

When my one will be more of an option select on meter to come out if they wake up or not if they don't wake up

My video is the a recording of Kano so his timing of back 1 U.S. The same look at it whiff if don't wake up I used parry as I didn't want to spoil the best of the video

Although we doing the same thing the objective of my OS is different

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Just watched your video

Your and my option select is different

My option select if you time it right the back 1 whiffs they don't wake up your video is just for beating wake ups

When my one will be more of an option select on meter to come out if they wake up or not if they don't wake up

My video is the a recording of Kano so his timing of back 1 U.S. The same look at it whiff if don't wake up I used parry as I didn't want to spoil the best of the video

Although we doing the same thing the objective of my OS is different
Are you OSing the parry?

IrishMantis

Are you OSing the parry?
Yeah :)

its a 2 frame gap, works with Rx choke aswel or anything

I'm surprised it went over your head when your recording the video that you time B1 to whiff if they don't wake up B1xxSpecual if they do

You can even see in the video I am doing the parry prompt everytime with Kano, well, the recording is lol

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yeah :)

its a 2 frame gap, works with Rx choke aswel or anything

I'm surprised it went over your head when your recording the video that you time B1 to whiff if they don't wake up B1xxSpecual if they do

You can even see in the video I am doing the parry prompt everytime with Kano, well, the recording is lol
I was doing the same with choke lol this calling it an os

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Although whiffing the b1 on regular WU never seemed advantageous
after a grounded ball ender you can wiff b1 and still be safe and block. Or after an airborne ball ender you can get 2 b1s and be safe. Ita prolly more of an effect to make then wake up cause it seems like yoir going for a meaty.

IrishMantis

Although whiffing the b1 on regular WU never seemed advantageous
I watched your video again your b1 is just whiffing on delayed get up when mine is whiffing on instant stand up

Here's the break down
Forward Cmd Grab +10 as we know and that counts for if the opponent wake up

If opponent just stands up (not delayed) it takes 7 frames before they can press a button and they can't be hit during it

So that makes it 17 frames to stand up

B1 is 9 frames start up and 7 active frames so that makes 16 total frames

Counting the point frame itself and the extra spare that's giving a window of 2 frames of making your b1 whiff so there is no read on late get ups

If I do B1 ex choke and time it right Ex choke will NEVER come out on whiff but only if opponents wake up

When your option select seems to be they wake up and you crush the opponents armour if they don't wake up and stand as soon as they are avualable your B1 Ex choke will still come out but since it's safe it's okay

Mine let's your get big dmg like Ex ball if your execution is on point and not punished on block because it won't be possible

In short I am option selecting the special cancel

Also unlike using D4 B1 will always be consistent on any wake ups atleast 11f start up as to its not possible to do it too early because of its active frames

Last edited:

IrishMantis

after a grounded ball ender you can wiff b1 and still be safe and block. Or after an airborne ball ender you can get 2 b1s and be safe. Ita prolly more of an effect to make then wake up cause it seems like yoir going for a meaty.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to say

Also after a ground 2f4 there is a sweet spot in the time where you in and beat ex wake ups if they get up or tech roll wake up your b1 whiffs and you can block

Basically what your implying

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I watched your video again your b1 is just whiffing on delayed get up when mine is whiffing on instant stand up

Here's the break down
Forward Cmd Grab +10 as we know and that counts for if the opponent wake up

If opponent just stands up (not delayed) it takes 7 frames before they can press a button and they can't be hit during it

So that makes it 17 frames to stand up

B1 is 9 frames start up and 7 active frames so that makes 16 total frames

Counting the point frame itself and the extra spare that's giving a window of 2 frames of making your b1 whiff so there is no read on late get ups

If I do B1 ex choke and time it right Ex choke will NEVER come out on whiff but only if opponents wake up

When your option select seems to be they wake up and you crush the opponents armour if they don't wake up and stand as soon as they are avualable your B1 Ex choke will still come out but since it's safe it's okay

Mine let's your get big dmg like Ex ball if your execution is on point and not punished on block because it won't be possible

In short I am option selecting the special cancel

Also unlike using D4 B1 will always be consistent on any wake ups atleast 11f start up as to its not possible to do it too early because of its active frames
I was trying to say this but was too tired to really clarify what I meant. Anyways I look forward to seeing you post more shit.

IrishMantis

I was trying to say this but was too tired to really clarify what I meant. Anyways I look forward to seeing you post more shit.
Once you understand the goal of mine it's just tricky as we doing the exact same thing but the objective is different :p

"I look forward to you post more shit" now that's an option select Hahahaha

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Do you guys know when D4~Grab stopped being a true tick throw? I started picking up the game again and noticed this didn't work like it used to.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Do you guys know when D4~Grab stopped being a true tick throw? I started picking up the game again and noticed this didn't work like it used to.
Well it is range dependent. Up close it should(?) work. Max range or maybe like 3-4 of its range will prolly push them back too far

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
From what I recall, it worked even if they tried jumping. But now all they have to do is release block and the grab whiffs.