What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
That's where I was on release. Then I just grinded em non-stop for two weeks and still run drills on em lol.

5 consecutive forward and backward command grabs
5 consecutive RCs into command grab forward and back.

I run that every time I enter and right before I leave training mode.

Edit: forcing yourself to get 5 in a row before moving on will help clean up your input

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I need to put more time in commando. I'm trying to develop a semblance of footsies.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
i find the timing to be more difficult than the actual input.

speaking of which keep an eye on that super meter people. i fought two different possessed kenshi's and both of them x-rayed a sword into my skull when i tried to EX Rib Break them on wake up.

i think i was honestly more upset about the wasted meter than the sword logged in my skull.

Error

DF2+R2
MK9 choke animation shits all over MKX choke, wish they had kept it :(

@0:55 second mark to witness greatness

Also, am I the only MK9 player who got fucked over by the input switch of knife toss and up ball between the two games?

so has anyone found a good method to tick throw from a poke from a ducking position without letting go down? like duckblock and counterpoke into tick throw? i found the the game will not read db, b, f as correct Input, even with easy Inputs on. you can do some wierd scrubby moves on the pad to make it come out, i cannot reproduce it on purpose though.

so has anyone found a good method to tick throw from a poke from a ducking position without letting go down? like duckblock and counterpoke into tick throw? i found the the game will not read db, b, f as correct Input, even with easy Inputs on. you can do some wierd scrubby moves on the pad to make it come out, i cannot reproduce it on purpose though.

Do you mean command throwing someone after you block their d1/d3? I think the easiest way is to hold down to block (not downback) and then input the motion when you see the d1/d3. Alternatively you can do d.3 OS grab after you block a d1/d3... I think it's easier executionally and serves a similar purpose

Do you mean command throwing someone after you block their d1/d3? I think the easiest way is to hold down to block (not downback) and then input the motion when you see the d1/d3. Alternatively you can do d.3 OS grab after you block a d1/d3... I think it's easier executionally and serves a similar purpose
thats what ive been doing so far, but i feel letting go down and then pressing d3 grab wastes so much time that you might lose to someone who just mashes out pokes. so id prefer if you cloud do it directly from duck.

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
So what do you guys think of punishing moves with NJP? I find it as a nice alternative to the ball cancel combo for those who either don't want to spend the meter on the cancel or just aren't able to do it. You get a 30% punish which is pretty good damage, especially for no meter. The only problem is of course you can't punish every move you could with the ball cancel combo with NJP since it is not as fast as the 112 starter and some moves you have to actually take a step forward to reach them (Sub-Zero Slide/Kung Lao Dive Kick).

Also in addition to that I noticed that using Choke as an AA is visually one of the dumbest looking thing ever. Like Kano just reaches out and you teleport in his hand like his gloves neck magnet in them. Also there is a straight camera bug with Kitana at the end... Like I don't even know with this game sometimes...

#HitboxesYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Error

DF2+R2
Was choke really an AA grab all this time? If so, does it win trades vs air attacks? Maybe we were wrong about the move.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
you're talking like one or two frames though and this is pretty normal for grapplers, especially for counter type moves since you're overriding whatever their animation is half way

Not sure if you guys are joking or not, but choke is not a good anti air. It trades with any good jumpin (not in kano's favor) and if you land it you only get 11 % + no oki. Compare this to b1 - which has a better hitbox, and gets you around 30% + Oki on a successful antiair. Or uppercut which hits better above (and somewhat behind) and does more damage.

EX choke on the other hand is a good anti air, good against crossups and jumpin you need armor to blow through.

And yeah nj.p is a good punish tool - more damage and you get to end in command grab oki. I find it a lot harder and if you screw up you generally get a whiffed nj.p ... which = full combo punish

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I've quit using Kano but I a kinda interested in playin him again anyway some new tech :p I don't know if this has been figured out yet btw. Anyways if ure willing to spend the bar and ure opponent jumps on u instead of doing ex up ball or choke u can do ex ball cancel into b1 b1 rc 112 command grab u might be able to get more but idk. I know u can anti air with b1 , (I made up combos for it ) also it's not reliable and Ik uppercut is godly but if it might close out the round or maybe just add it a fear factor. It's good to know its 26% btw XD a more reliable way of executing the combo is ball cancel b1 b1 b13 command grab 2 less % it's really good for when people cross u up as well