What's new

Character Strengths and Weaknesses Synopsis

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Hum, I see Mileena having only 7 options for dial combos as weakness, since she is a popular character , and deserved having , at least, 4 more combo strings as assets ..... I know others characters have these quantity or less (Kabal ??) of default combos, but Mileena, due her popularity , could have more options .....

I like Noob a lot, but, I think he lacks a pop up combo for middle screen, he is deadly in corner, but, fights normally don't develop entire on corners, so, Noob could have some update and having some easy juggle starters added .....

Death

Noob
It's online, just for the simple fact that you take online so seriously I feel safe to say you're the clown. Seriously, it's an interesting thread, not perfect, but a good thread regardless. Go brag about your online laggy wins elsewhere.

His F4,B1 is a low starter. Doesn't lead to damage but it is indeed a low. This F4 can also be used to reset an oponnent into another guessing game. ie: 3,1~lift, jk~tp, F4. Grounds them again and resets the situation. Not useless at all.

just re-read it and figured out what you meant. The second part gives it away lol. You meant no overhead starters, yup, blows chunks.
Didn't think this site had room for rage quitters. But i guess since its just online its okay? Whats funny was that when i was in Digis KOTH stream. Someone brought up chad and his rage qutting and i was like yo that was the guy that raged quit on me and complaing about D+4 and called me trash after the game. Then i said another occasion i hid cursor, chose mileena and he ragedquit. Third, now its at the point where he declines the match. Like 3 other ppl had their stories. That was pretty funny. He has a bad rep. Anything he says has no credibility because he just plain sucks.

Also, most of the info in the "character synopsis" is just plain stupid.

The timing on this thread is very coincidental. If anyone would like me to post a vid for anything specific as far a strengths and weaknesses, hit me up. This thread is a great idea, by the way.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This chad guys a joke. This guy ragedquit on me before and was complaining about mileenas D+4. Another occasion was that he chose Mileena i hid cursor and chose mileena. He quits when the match starts. Then complains some more. And now its at the point whenever he sees me he declines.

LOL @ anyone who takes this clown seriously.
He may have been having a bad day. I happen to think chad is a good player. I'd like to play you some time soon maybe tonight? I love getting my ass kicked, maybe you can do that for me :D add SINH3LL to psn. I can sign on at 11pm if you like. Or I'll be on sometime after midnight till whenever. 3am most likely

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Robotic

Gentleman.
He may have been having a bad day. I happen to think chad is a good player. I'd like to play you some time soon maybe tonight? I love getting my ass kicked, maybe you can do that for me :D add SINH3LL to psn. I can sign on at 11pm if you like. Or I'll be on sometime after midnight till whenever. 3am most likely

What up Dan, I think I played you once at The Wharf a long time ago and it was pretty cool. I'd like to play you again man, I'm straight adding you without permission!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
What up Dan, I think I played you once at The Wharf a long time ago and it was pretty cool. I'd like to play you again man, I'm straight adding you without permission!
You better add me. Invite me whenever. I hate koth. 1 v1 is much better.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
My tag under my name says "Bad Reputation. I have 169 Disconnects. I'm a poor sport to pretty much any random person I don't know that challenges me, especially the dumbasses who spam the chats with things like "WHO'S NEXT!?" "GOOD PLAYERS ONLY" "YOU SUCK! HAHAHA!" ... Sound familiar?

I dont think you understand this simple fact: I'm a fucking asshole. These guys like me because Im friends with them. You don't because you pretty much fit the description I posted above, so I trolled you. Apparently, quite successfully since you felt the need to post about it here. What you don't understand is that all the other people in the GFAQs room and I were having quite a good laugh at your raging. We still are. Please continue making posts like this. I, personally, find it entertaining.

Sorry broski, but this is a game. Don't get your tits in a knot over it.

And this is the last Im addressing you publicly over this issue. If you want to discuss it, PM me like an adult, k?

**RAGE QUITS CONVERSATION**

JagoMIH

Noob
One weakness Sheeva has IMO

She doesn't have a fast move that covers a lot of range, which hurts her punishing ability against characters like Ermac, Quan Chi, etc...if f+4 was 3 or 4 frames faster that would be great

One of her strengths is her EX bf+3...it's a good get off me move and you can control what side of the screen they go to.

Death

Noob
My tag under my name says "Bad Reputation. I have 169 Disconnects. I'm a poor sport to pretty much any random person I don't know that challenges me, especially the dumbasses who spam the chats with things like "WHO'S NEXT!?" "GOOD PLAYERS ONLY" "YOU SUCK! HAHAHA!" ... Sound familiar?

I dont think you understand this simple fact: I'm a fucking asshole. These guys like me because Im friends with them. You don't because you pretty much fit the description I posted above, so I trolled you. Apparently, quite successfully since you felt the need to post about it here. What you don't understand is that all the other people in the GFAQs room and I were having quite a good laugh at your raging. We still are. Please continue making posts like this. I, personally, find it entertaining.

Sorry broski, but this is a game. Don't get your tits in a knot over it.

And this is the last Im addressing you publicly over this issue. If you want to discuss it, PM me like an adult, k?

**RAGE QUITS CONVERSATION**
No your not an asshole. Your a rage quit scrub who just plain sucks. And in KOTH stream your name was brought up and i almost died laughing. Ragequitting and complaining is funny. I'm just suprised quitters and scrubby people post here. I didnt think this site had any players like that but i guess they do. Of course when you ragequit on me im going to talk shit. I love rage quitters i just didnt expect to find one on this site.

And since your like bragging about being an asshole. Its only cool to be an ass when your actually good.

Death

Noob

Dude its 3 different occasions in a month period. 1st one he quit after i flawlessed him in the 1st rd and left and complaing about D+4 and called me trash. Then the second time i hid the cursor and chose Mileena and he quit before the game started lol and third now he just avoids me. But hell still talk shit. hell decline me and say stuff like your not good enough for me lmao. And other players even said the same thing in Digis stream. But yeah add me. I'm always looks to play players better than me.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
No your not an asshole. Your a rage quit scrub who just plain sucks. And in KOTH stream your name was brought up and i almost died laughing. Ragequitting and complaining is funny. I'm just suprised quitters and scrubby people post here. I didnt think this site had any players like that but i guess they do. Of course when you ragequit on me im going to talk shit. I love rage quitters i just didnt expect to find one on this site.

And since your like bragging about being an asshole. Its only cool to be an ass when your actually good.
Enough. End this conversation now. Thanks.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
At least I know the difference between "your" and "you're" ... ;)

Can we get a mod to clean this mess up? Seriously. This is supposed to be a topic for relevant discussion. Not this bullshit.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
At least I know the difference between "your" and "you're" ... ;)

Can we get a mod to clean this mess up? Seriously. This is supposed to be a topic for relevant discussion. Not this bullshit.
Wish I could but I'm at work ATM. Tonight I will if no one else Does it

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
If it means anything at this point, I think you're an asshole Chad...

Anyway for Raka-Raka

Strengths
Charge makes him a good anti zoner, with meter
Low and Med combo starters
Spin is a great AA now
Broken Hit boxes... >_>
Overall, great specials
Awesome D1
Decent pokes, thanks to blades

Weaknesses
Kinda slow
Poor Projectile
Everything he does is super punishable

I may be wrong on a couple, I just started trying some stuff on him for the sake of this thread...

Things to add to Reptile:
Pro:
- Can deal with many situations due to his versatility even with many cons
- smallest male hit box, and down 4 allows your hit box to be very small
- Can combo off anywhere even from full screen with the use of force ball
- X ray goes full screen/ go through projectiles
- Doesnt have to be close to the corner to do a corner combo

Con:
- No low combo starter
- Mostly Slow combo starter
- Glitchy force ball and glitchy ex slide do happen from time to time
- Unsafe wake up options

I disagree with "no answers for teleporters". Down 4 beats most teleport move, maybe not noob but reptile can rush down noob easily. And ex slow fb could shut down many teleporters after knock down

And for scorpion, add "Vortext" for pro. Vortext is when your oponent needs to guess 50/50 in order to get out of the combo loops.
For sub zero add in "strong projectile trader" as pro
For Johnny cage add in "one of the fastest universal dash in the game" as pro. Johnny Cage has "The best reset in the game" as pro
Johnny cage "Frame trap strings can be messed up with low hit box characters (like reptile, mileena)" as con

For Liu Kang add in "unsafe and bad wake up options" as con

For Kung lao:

Pro:
Spin beats out most moves at close range
Fast, aggressive character with crazy mix up games at close range
Can deal with zoners
Great footsies
Very mobile with teleport and dive kick
Solid zoning tools
Great building meter tools
Greatest anti air in the game (including x ray)
Can combo off after an x ray

Con:
Most specials are punishable on block by a full combo at close range
No over-head combo starter

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Nicely done. Just one, crucial thing for Scorpion:

Strengths - Excellent resets that setup mix-ups and pressure

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Anyway for Raka-Raka

Strengths
Spin is a great AA now
Broken Hit boxes... >_>
Overall, great specials
Awesome D1

Weaknesses
Kinda slow
Poor Projectile

I may be wrong on a couple, I just started trying some stuff on him for the sake of this thread...
How does the charge make him a good anti zoner? Cage has basically the same move but he's never called an anti zoner. Its just something I dont get that Baraka players have been saying.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
It's full screen and the armor allows him to get in easily. Like I had said, I'm not exact on a lot of this, this is just a base for Raka, since he has nothing for him at the moment. If you know more about him, then I'd love for you to correct me. ^_^

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Off the top of my head, pulled fresh out of my ass for Baraka:

Pros:
-Dat Spin! (Eats jump-ins easily)
-Dat Choppah! (Choppah will eat any attempt to rushdown from outside of sweep range)
-Long range pokes

Cons:
-Too slow to pressure
-Cannot zone

SZSR

Noob
Here's some for Smoke:

Pros:
-Good damage with Reset and good damage overall
-Has some traps (d4, b2) and has a fast and lunging overhead combo starter
-Very mobile so he doesn't have to fall prey to many obstacle courses
-Difficult to zone(teleports and shakes)
-Reliable and fast anti-airs(d1 and 2, and sweep occasionally)
-Very good pokes (d1, d3, d4)

Cons:
-Can be pressured easily and gets locked down more than most opponents
-Requires match momentum to convincingly take fights
-No low combo starters
-Negative edge effects him heavily, especially with his teleports
-Larger hitbox than normal

ryublaze

Noob
I'm not that good with Skarlet but here are some stuff:

Skarlet

Pros:
- Good zoning (dagger cancel, air daggers, large projectile high damaging blood ball)
- Decent mix-ups with red dash into slide/downslash/throw/pressure
- Standing reset which leads to mix-up or pressure
- High damaging corner combos without use of meter
- Can build meter easily with F2, 1, 2, 1+2 string and dagger toss
- EN Red Slide has armor, fast, full screen and can start a combo

Cons:
- Low damage output
- Lack of low combo starter
- Slow overheads
- Low damaging X-Ray
- Teleport can whiff easily and be punished by full combos
- Meter reliant (EN Dagger Toss to keep pressure, EN Red Slide as wake-up, EN Down Slash for a good mixup)
- No good wake-up attacks besides EN Red Slide

DanCock

Cock Master!!

Anyway for Raka-Raka

Strengths
Spin is a great AA now
Broken Hit boxes... >_>
Overall, great specials
Awesome D1

Weaknesses
Kinda slow
Poor Projectile

the charge wont work against sindel, she can jump in the air bait a charge and kick into fireball hitting him while it doesn't touch sindel. im guessing it also would work for skarlet as well.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
[MENTION=8150]DragonPick[/MENTION]

what do you mean when you say "broken hitboxes" in raka's strengths???

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Some smoke stuff :

Pros:

Low execution boundaries (negative edge is execution specific, don't rush inputs. This should never be a pro or con, just something players must overcome)
Heavy low poke pressure accounts for having no low combo potential
Fast reliable sweep for low pressure + good for jumpins/crossup avoiding
Fast, travelling overhead (can hit from starting position)
Overhead launching string safe on block and can frame trap with pokes to continue pressure
Fast 2,1 and B2,3 that can be hit confirmed into combo or drift for safety/spacing
One of his best tools Imo is the ability to swap the direction your combo carries with NJP~teleport punch, meaning the corner is never too far away.
Great AA with 214 and 2, extremely swag!
Can end bnb combos with resets (before they are removed) to combo anywhere up to and above 100% with correct meter and positioning.
Can end bnb combo with air throws for untechable knockdowns, leading to great oki pressure
Can OTG with EX smoke bombs to nullify wakeup attacks, and can also catch people who slack on blocking into combo, or add 10% unscaled damage to combos
Very fast projectile, leading to combo's.
EX bomb and instant air telepunch can punish jumpers anywhere on the screen, although not safe within jumping distance
Great mobility. Can go from fullscreen to sweep distance in moments with whiffed tp, or smoke drifts)
Has mindgames with invisibily and smoke drifts
Has good fullscreen and close pressure
Good meter building
Significant damage from bnb's, punishes and any catches from anywhere on screen.
Shake > projectiles
EX Shake > Pressure/crossover/wakeup attacks
EX Drift has good invincibility, however normal drift only has a small invincibility window. with good practice you can advance/retreat through projectiles and other attacks.
Very mobile on wakeup, ex shake and ex drift can deny oki pressure
Practically every projectile trade is in smokes favour or at least neutral

Cons:

No low starters (not a huge issue, but for completions sake)
Hard to escape up close pressure without meter.
No damaging safe wake ups.
Gets crossed up easily, can react to crossups with EX Shake but in practice is hard to execute and rely on
Predictable overheads can make conditioning hard
Resets cant be relied on, positioning and timing changes can cause issues to connecting.

Can think of more but for now im out. Hope this helps!