What's new

Character Strengths and Weaknesses Synopsis

ELC

Scrublord McGee
[MENTION=8150]DragonPick[/MENTION]

what do you mean when you say "broken hitboxes" in raka's strengths???
If I may offer my own interpretation, I think he means attack hitboxes that are deceptively bigger than their animation suggests.

An example would be the Chop Chop @ 6.20:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think maybe it's impossible or almost impossible to trap zoning Smoke ..... his Shake, Teleport and Smoke Away/Toward make him a very evasive and elusive dude, hard to keep him where you want him to be ....... hehe :D

Have been playing and fun around with him a bit in Training mode and tag ladder, and he is a fun and cool character

ryublaze

Noob
Um? So, 40% of an EX Redslide punish,
Anything up to 48% meterless midscreen, and 54% meterless in the corner is low damage output?
No mate ;)
I probably should have worded differently. The thing with Skarlet is that her high damaging combos are very hard to perform and if you make one mistake, you won't get very high damage. Those combos are highly impractical, having to start with (jip), B2 which is one of her slowest combo starters and has poor range and can also whiff on a crouch blocking opponent. Her combos are broken up into many different hits, each with low damage. Her daggers on block also do low damage, one of them doing 0% chip, and her X-Ray is one of the weakest X-Rays in the game. Btw, I already said high damaging corner combos in the Pros section.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I would say That Sonya has some use for meter besides breaker. EX Kartwheel is a fantastic counter to wakeup pressure/footsies, and there are limited uses for EX kiss. That's pretty much all I can think of, though. I have never gotten EX Arc kick's armor to work for me. Props if you manage it, though.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
...Sektor has horrible wake-up options? :en TU is still a safe-on-block launcher with armor, right? Who has a good wake-up option if not Sektor? And you list Reptile's elbow dash as "safe". You mean only safe on whiff, right? Because it sure as hell isn't safe on block.
It has no armor and leves you at a big disadvantage on block. Certainly better than a cannonball whiff, but you will regret it if your opponent catches on and starts reacting appropriately.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How does the charge make him a good anti zoner? Cage has basically the same move but he's never called an anti zoner. Its just something I dont get that Baraka players have been saying.
Difference being that Cage's shadow kick and exShadow Kick are punishable on block, whereas Baraka's charge isn't if he spaces it correctly. I agree with you though. In high level play, that type of spacing is just hard to keep consistently.