What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Changes You Feel Sub Needs?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
To be fair to the OP, ice clone is nearly useless post-nerf.

I think NRS should make it so that the ice clone is animated and chases the opponent all over the screen at high speeds. MB version should give the clone Kung Jin's staff and it should jump up and down doing KJ's neutral jump punch.

:DOGE

PwnStar

Noob
If your hiding behind the clone and someone jumps over and is at the right range to kick you in the face than you should get blown up. Put your self in a position where that doesnt happen. you know like backdash.. and they fall into the clone. Thats called having good spacing which is kinda important
So...you need to do a move with long recovery, then commit to an unsafe movement to get out of range of potential pokes through clone...and get wrecked by teleports, summoned projectiles, or allowing them to simply walk forward and jump the clone while you're stuck back sliding...Scorpion suddenly gets silly whenever I want to use my variations key move :/

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Guessing game is still in your favor if you have clone out. It's not like people can jump in for free and you're forced to block with no options smh. Y'all don't want a guessing game you want a trap setup where you win 99% of the time (ie Quan Cheese lol)

PwnStar

Noob
Guessing game is still in your favor if you have clone out. It's not like people can jump in for free and you're forced to block with no options smh. Y'all don't want a guessing game you want a trap setup where you win 99% of the time (ie Quan Cheese lol)
Well yes...Sub can't really create pressure otherwise compared to a lot of the cast. His game plan was put you in corner and trap you to create mix up poke situations to try and open you up. The issue was it was just stupidly spammable. I think most subzeros saw the cooldown nerf and agreed with it...its the shatter where we lost our shit. IMO I would really just love to see a slightly improved hitbox, prepatch nonshatter and an even longer cooldown (WITH a visual indicator). I think ideally that's the way GM should be.

This thread went from just general fixes to asking stupidly OD shit. If Sub had a sword njp like Erron, I'd be doing neutral jump punch's all damn day. LOL

PwnStar

Noob
Lol...i'd be happy if hi nj1 was just more consistent. That hit box is stupid small. Can't tell you how many times i miss combos because it whiffs point blank.

Well yes...Sub can't really create pressure otherwise compared to a lot of the cast. His game plan was put you in corner and trap you to create mix up poke situations to try and open you up. The issue was it was just stupidly spammable. I think most subzeros saw the cooldown nerf and agreed with it...its the shatter where we lost our shit. IMO I would really just love to see a slightly improved hitbox, prepatch nonshatter and an even longer cooldown (WITH a visual indicator). I think ideally that's the way GM should be.

I 100% agree with this post

My first thought when I saw the patch notes was, "are you serious? Just give the clone a longer cool down instead, like 3-4 seconds or something"

Having it break on block makes absolutely no sense at all, and it only makes his corner game weak against very specific characters meaning it really doesn't fix the main issue the community had with the clone, the fact that it can be set up over and over and over again in the corner

Also make B33 > ice ball universal

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only thing that drives me crazy (other than how dominant his b2 is, but at least that's punishable) is how goddamn long you stay frozen from Ice Blast or Ice Clone. If you get a knockdown on Sub but get frozen in return, he should be able to maybe get a free slide or something, but right now he's got all day to just meander up to you, miss a few inputs, and then get his full-combo. I think if they took a second or two off of his freeze timer, he would still have all of the same combos and most of the same pressure (he would even still be able to combo on trade if not knocked down or otherwise held up); it would just make him a bit less brain dead. Hell, I'd even be fine if he could still get a free combo after getting knocked down if it was at least a little tighter (require a run cancel, don't fuck up, must use relatively fast starter).

TLDR: I think trading a knockdown for getting frozen should at least somewhat limit SZ's options; right now it has zero effect on even the scrubbiest player.

Plays on xbox. Jumps over clone setups on block with jip because the characters that can do that after the patch could already.

D

Deleted member 35141

Ive been maining sub for about two weeks now and I use cryro and I can say he doesnt need anything else. I could see the issues some have with the nerf but for me it doesn't affect me at all.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
You really shouldnt be offended by those comments. Its just that your suggestions would make this character freaking overpowered. Cryomancer is fine as he is, same for GM. Imo parry should be more reliable as a wakeup to stop pressure, because even the EX one gets stuffed by tons of normals. Would be great if he had a tool to controll jumpins a bit better, ice burst or even cryos uppercut. Theese are just my thoughts after playing this variation for 2 days.

I feel like cryo needs something. So many of his unique moves serve no purpose, and the f4 string being neutral on hit ends his momentum. I'd be happy if they fixed either of these two things (give slight adv after f4 string, or make his other unique moves actually useful).

Landonio

n00b
Anything to buff Unbreakable and I'd down. Ability to parry more attacks (like jump-ins), and a faster start-up on aura and/or parry would be ideal.