What's new

BRUTALITIES CONFIRMED from new Mortal Kombat: Next Trailer

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Brutalities are done like the Create-A-Fatality in MKA. Watch.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I was really hoping for friendships. Never cared for brutalities or animalities (outside of Liu's dragon fatality) but I could see brutalities being really rad with the x-ray tech.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Brutalities are done like the Create-A-Fatality in MKA. Watch.
How do you mean? Like different inputs for each move / series of moves? Or do you mean that Brutalities won't be combos but various moves to dismember your opponent.

THTB

How do you mean? Like different inputs for each move / series of moves? Or do you mean that Brutalities won't be combos but various moves to dismember your opponent.
The latter. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it is done like the old MKT Brutality.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The latter. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it is done like the old MKT Brutality.
I hope they are the same as MKT, and the same type of inputs as well. I want some over the top, ultra combo type shit but brutal as hell. Hey, they could even go the Shaolin Monks route and have all the kombatants get "that glow" and then start beating the crap out of a guy.

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill
NRS using xbone as their default console... uh oh now I'm worried about buying a ps4 for mkx. I want whatever is tournament standard but I wonder what system will run the game better

THTB

NRS using xbone as their default console... uh oh now I'm worried about buying a ps4 for mkx. I want whatever is tournament standard but I wonder what system will run the game better
To be 100% honest, I don't think people should have to worry about that this generation. Both consoles have very similar hardware, which was a big issue with the 360 and PS3. They both will run the game fine. The PS4, however, at the moment, is slightly more powerful, and there are actually more multiconsole games on the PS4 running at 1080p/60fps in comparison to XB1.

It's likely that, even though they may be building the game on XB1, it won't really matter due to the hardware being basically the same, and evidence that the PS4 is more powerful anyway.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm pretty sure PS4 is still the lead development platform. But yeah, they certainly didn't show the PS3 this much love when MK9 and Injustice were being lead developed on 360.

The only other thing I can think of is that it's generally easier to get Microsoft products (Xbox One controllers being exactly that) working on dev kit PCs for obvious reasons.

To be 100% honest, I don't think people should have to worry about that this generation. Both consoles have very similar hardware, which was a big issue with the 360 and PS3. They both will run the game fine. The PS4, however, at the moment, is slightly more powerful, and there are actually more multiconsole games on the PS4 running at 1080p/60fps in comparison to XB1.

It's likely that, even though they may be building the game on XB1, it won't really matter due to the hardware being basically the same, and evidence that the PS4 is more powerful anyway.
For what it's worth, when I played the build brought to London, they were running it on PS4 kiosks.

Last edited:

THTB

I'm pretty sure PS4 is still the lead development platform. But yeah, they certainly didn't show the PS3 this much love when MK9 and Injustice were being lead developed on 360.

The only other thing I can think of is that it's generally easier to get Microsoft products (Xbox One controllers being exactly that) working on dev kit PCs for obvious reasons.

For what it's worth, when I played the build brought to London, they were running it on PS4 kiosks.
I thought the XB1 was actually usable as a dev kit...just read it up and apparently not.

Either way, it shouldn't be an issue.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
brutalities were long as fuck... Im getting old to remember the 11 buttons :( ... but I love the idea :)

HP, HP, LP, BL, HK, LK, BL, HP, LP, LK, HK

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Lame. Brutalities are dumb.

That shit is gonna get old fast :(
I would've rather had animalities or something else. Brutalities just remind me of ultras in KI. Meh... maybe I'll change my mind about them once I see how they look.