What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

With all of the complaining with Scorpion going on lately, how do you guys think Grundy does against him? I feel like Grundy beats him because his aa throw beats j3, WCC beats hellfire, teleport/mb teleport.

Gruff757

The Gruff
With all of the complaining with Scorpion going on lately, how do you guys think Grundy does against him? I feel like Grundy beats him because his aa throw beats j3, WCC beats hellfire, teleport/mb teleport.
I play Grundy and Shazam and I think they both can contend with Scorpion

Your thoughts on the Grundy patch notes to come with Zod on July 2nd?

Solomon Grundy
  • There is now a slightly bigger hitbox on the Walking Corpse (Back+Forward+3).
This buff might give Grundy more strings where WC connects on block or fix some of the WC issues that made it whiff on certain characters. I'm honestly more concerned on the stealth buffs/nerfs that may be done to Grundy/other characters.

This buff might give Grundy more strings where WC connects on block or fix some of the WC issues that made it whiff on certain characters. I'm honestly more concerned on the stealth buffs/nerfs that may be done to Grundy/other characters.

Your thoughts on the Grundy patch notes to come with Zod on July 2nd?

Solomon Grundy
  • There is now a slightly bigger hitbox on the Walking Corpse (Back+Forward+3).

I was thinking it will either allow him to throw people in unthrowable frames or it will have ridiculous range. He can already grab beyond his finger tips.

The universal d2 buff will be interesting. Possibly it will have invincible frames better hit box or have a much better hurt box. Potentially stop those situations where somebody makes it in and hop back and for in a range where AA grab won't connect consistently and d2 currently whiffs and you get crossed up.

Both of those buffs (D2 and WC) should be good for us, nice to hear.
Considering how godlike Grundy's D2 is already, I'm already hype for them buffing his best button. I've taken to refering to it as the "Scrub Destroyer" though before I get too hype it might help to see what the real change ends up being to it.

More importantly, Black Adam got nerfed. Dive kick being slightly less safe and him doing slightly less damage. I'm sure it'll still be a bad match-up, but it'll definitely be better now methinks. Overall I'm excited.

nhex

Noob
What I find really crazy in those patch notes are when the bring up MB moves that didn't use any meter, that's crazy broken! I actually noticed it in a Batgirl match once but didn't figure out why it was happening.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Not sure if you can use WC in those situations but I've been using mb trait between some of those in particular green lantern b1,2. Not sure there's enough time between b13 to do it.
there is, ive been doing it. plus you can just set ai to show you

there is, ive been doing it. plus you can just set ai to show you
interesting. That will make that match up even more manageable. Grundy already can get 31%+ for GL trying to using his 50/50's on him. making his string pressure unsafe and forcing a more zone based game might switch things in grundy's favor or even them out at least.

Is it reactable? IE can you confirm they went for the 3/2 followup off the b1 so you don't get baited into wasting meter?

Gruff757

The Gruff
interesting. That will make that match up even more manageable. Grundy already can get 31%+ for GL trying to using his 50/50's on him. making his string pressure unsafe and forcing a more zone based game might switch things in grundy's favor or even them out at least.

Is it reactable? IE can you confirm they went for the 3/2 followup off the b1 so you don't get baited into wasting meter?
i just do it if i see b1 since both are parryable after b1

be careful of them cancelling b1 into minigun though, unless you are using mb trait which will trade but leave you in the better position

Also, if you are Parrying Shazam, ALWAYS cancel Walking Corpse and full combo, otherwise you wont be punishing shit with the Walking Corpse

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
I've been in training mode for the last 20 minutes just watching a recording of Batman's j2 getting beat by Grundy's d2.
I love this patch.