What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

nhex

Noob
You can punish certain special hard, but it can be frustrating to test your reaction time to dash so much. As usual, really frustrating to find a bunch of unthrowables in Doomsday's chains.

Every character in this game is fun to play, but yeah, some of the matchups are just awful. But if you really care about winning in tourneys, you might as well go Aquaman or Superman. I've more or less accepted that there's little I can do against a competent Hawkgirl, Superman or Black Adam who knows the explicit weaknesses of the matchup.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Yeah, but Grundy is such a strong character if he gets going, which is not entirely unfeasible. He's a great pocket character and CAN go far in tournies.....it just sucks that some of his worst matchups are top tier characters.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Anyone find any use for b2? I've been using it full screen to get them to jump. No clue why. It's just funny to see.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Here is a 113% damage corner combo that I tinkered with from II Nobody II. (Can someone teach me the code to tag people with like the @ sign or whatever?) I believe it is his highest output right now without interactions or transitions.

That's a good idea, faking them out from full screen with a b2 since it looks like SH, never thought about it. The only time I ever use b2 is when I mess up my SH.

Also its just the case with most grapplers, you will always have one or two match-ups that just make you wanna stop playing the game, that's why I always have subs. At the moment its just wonder woman, but I'm thinking of adopting the king of atlantis as well.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
That's a good idea, faking them out from full screen with a b2 since it looks like SH, never thought about it. The only time I ever use b2 is when I mess up my SH.

Also its just the case with most grapplers, you will always have one or two match-ups that just make you wanna stop playing the game, that's why I always have subs. At the moment its just wonder woman, but I'm thinking of adopting the king of atlantis as well.
Yea, Wonder Woman is my main with Grundy as a secondary. Grundy is just too much fun though, so I've been playing him like crazy these past couple of weeks.

I can't really think of any bad MU's right now, but I don't doubt he has them. I'd assume a counter zoner would compliment him nicely, so I'm gonna try Hawkgirl out. Raven has my interest as well.

BurdManJR270 - Those are ridiculous, great stuff man. I'll try practice those for the lols.

The general consensus seems to be that Grundy is a low-mid tier character. What are your guys thoughts on our Solomon's ranking?

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Does anyone have a list of how much meter gain all of Grundy's moves have? I am just a sliver away from being able to do a five bar combo. I think the record right now is by a scorpion with a combo using six bars.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Does anyone have a list of how much meter gain all of Grundy's moves have? I am just a sliver away from being able to do a five bar combo. I think the record right now is by a scorpion with a combo using six bars.
dunno if i can get actual numbers but ill see if i can help out a bit

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Lmao, did anyone know that you could catch them wit a MB Swamp hands after then Pendulum/log trap in the very left hand corner of the Ferris Air Craft hangar? Pretty comical. Timing is a bitch though.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Lmao, did anyone know that you could catch them wit a MB Swamp hands after then Pendulum/log trap in the very left hand corner of the Ferris Air Craft hangar? Pretty comical. Timing is a bitch though.
yup i dont go for it though lol
consistency is not my strong point

How often do you guys use 2? Poking with 2 is godlike because it can cancel into mb swamp hands or WC. Plus 2 is 13 frames (one slower than 1) and it grants plus 3 on block

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

I can do it consistently, but the damage scaling is horrible so you don't get big combos from there