What's new

Breakthrough - Boneshaper Boneshaper Shinnok is The Best Character in MKX

yea i know i am about to get blow up for saying this now. but i am sure that many will start to see this to be truth once the wave of shinnok players comes and with it all the salt lol.

i don't want to make this post too long so i will keep it short. bone shapper simple destroy many characters in this game. he has every tool that acharacter can wish for to control space any where you are in the screen

1) he can punish projectiles from almost full screen with a full combo into a standing reset on reaction

2) hell spart is the best spacial move in the game to check a offensive move an approaching opponents is planning to make. you can't jump it and it covers more than half of the screen safe against many character and builds a lot of meter. and it comes out at only 13 frames

3) when you finally manage to get close he has a 6 frame d1 and a 7 frame low save low string and a low profile d4 that can be cancel to hell spark to sent you back away from him.
I agree with everything you are saying. If you guys didn't know, RIU is a very good player that has been around MK for more than a decade. His opinion matters.

Reactions: GAV
"it's 18f vs. 7f" isn't enough because we have this wonderful skill known as "delaying". when the opponent is heavily conditioned to block, which is awfully easy in this game, you have carte blanche to wait a bit then go low so that it matches the speed of the overhead.
mimicry, teabag, high/low/throw.

the teabag is to throw them off guard. its what urein players used to do after his aegis reflector in street fighter third strike. it probably won't work as good as ureins since shinnok doesn't have a crouching low that leads to anything.

this is probably the only time i condone teabagging.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
mimicry, teabag, high/low/throw.

the teabag is to throw them off guard. its what urein players used to do after his aegis reflector in street fighter third strike. it probably won't work as good as ureins since shinnok doesn't have a crouching low that leads to anything.

this is probably the only time i condone teabagging.
Honestly barely any crouching conversions suck imo. NRS should change it up a bit. Instead of having all mixups come from standing. Usually standing lows are a bulletpoint for a character.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
BSS players be like...

...a nerf thread on TYM, my only Kryptonite!!!

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Top 8s are not an indicator of how good a character is, otherwise EB and Kitana would be 1 and 2 and mk9 sonya would be midtier.
I do agree with that. But when EVERYONE and there mother plays BS Shinnok because he is "easy" to pick up and win with but never make it to anything.

REO, DJT, Slayer, Maxter, Kevo, SonicFoxx, Zappa, you. just a few off the top of my head play Shinnok. Not 1 made it to top 8 with Shinnok.

Reactions: GAV

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I do agree with that. But when EVERYONE and there mother plays BS Shinnok because he is "easy" to pick up and win with but never make it to anything.

REO, DJT, Slayer, Maxter, Kevo, SonicFoxx, Zappa, you. just a few off the top of my head play Shinnok. Not 1 made it to top 8 with Shinnok.
Nothing to do with the character, more to do with the quality of the players.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Maxter didnt make top 8 because he was unfamiliar with the Tremor MU. BS Shinnok isnt good enough to steam roll characters without learning the MUs.

Regardless hes going to get nerfed anyway so the point is moot lol.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I could have sworn I seen maxter listed in top 8 winners at summer jam. Did this not happen? It said he was playing bs Shinnock.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
The point is that Shinnok is supposed to be so easy, that anyone can win with him. Clearly that's not true.
I agree. Please see the is Shinnok braindead thread. But I think that's also a testament of the quality of player we have in this community.

Last edited: