What's new

Breakthrough - Boneshaper Boneshaper Shinnok is The Best Character in MKX

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I'm saying id like +24 or +14 on block launchers too if they remain in the game to match the brokenness

I'm speaking about the +on block launchers in the game, did pre patch bs shinnok have +24 on MB sparks? No

So why would u think I'm saying that
Imposter needs apply SOME sort of pressure. Spark being negative (say -6) puts me on defense as soon as I do it. Anyone who's anyone knows there's no reason to block high against Shinnok due to his OH being 18f so (EDIT: It's tricky af) to open people up in one go. The spark lets me do a little more. The meter gain is a bit much though I'll agree with that. But regular pressure doesn't exist because my strings are all negative. Sure the teleport can get me in but it's easy to punish offline and once I get there what am I gonna do? Throw an unsafe OH and get blown up, do a negative MB spark and go defensive or throw a low that I need meter to get anything good off of? There needs to be a balance.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'm saying id like +24 or +14 on block launchers too if they remain in the game to match the brokenness

I'm speaking about the +on block launchers in the game, did pre patch bs shinnok have +24 on MB sparks? No

So why would u think I'm saying that
Yeah actually, shinnok received the HLs buff before the BS buff.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Well besides the fact that doesn't actually answer what I said...

He said Bone Shaper is the best character, that's plain wrong. Fact. Bone Shaper is not a character. People can generalize all they want but that doesn't make them right. It's not hard to notate BASIC GAME MECHANICS properly.
because not everybody plays shinnok for tier whoring. duh.
Arguing semenantics when everybody understands what he means anyway.
What F0xy said.

D

Deleted member 9158

I love how he was bottom tier and now he's up in the top. Hooray for nrs patches!

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
that's bullshit, if I want to play impostor after paying for the game, I have the right to have him at least decent.
he is decent, and that had nothing to do with what I said. I'm just saying when the guy says BS Shinnok is the best in the game he's correct.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
that's bullshit, if I want to play impostor after paying for the game, I have the right to have him at least decent.
I wasn't aware that the bill of rights said anything about us having the right to have the character you like be decent lol. You have the right to pick a decent character.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
LOL at the 180 of this thread. Page one "LOL shinnok top tier? bruh!!". Page 6 "Bruh!!! Shinnok is top tier!!!" I just like to see the wonderful meta game of community, patches, and fighting game balance.

Side LOL at there ever being a safe divekick. Even worse that it was on Black Adam. Oh NRS! *Cue 80s-90s family sitcom theme*

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I want to fiddle with BS Shin-Shin, but I worry about what nerf(s) he may end up getting and where that will leave him. Sighsauce.

haketh

Noob
Side LOL at there ever being a safe divekick. Even worse that it was on Black Adam. Oh NRS! *Cue 80s-90s family sitcom theme*
Safe spaced dive kicks are pretty much the norm in FGs, BA always had to space his, it just got harder to space as the game went on

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Imposter needs apply SOME sort of pressure. Spark being negative (say -6) puts me on defense as soon as I do it. Anyone who's anyone knows there's no reason to block high against Shinnok due to his OH being 18f so (EDIT: It's tricky af) to open people up in one go. The spark lets me do a little more. The meter gain is a bit much though I'll agree with that. But regular pressure doesn't exist because my strings are all negative. Sure the teleport can get me in but it's easy to punish offline and once I get there what am I gonna do? Throw an unsafe OH and get blown up, do a negative MB spark and go defensive or throw a low that I need meter to get anything good off of? There needs to be a balance.
Please dont tell me you are implying you can react to an 18f OH. Please.

haketh

Noob
Oh no, please don't tell me TYM is getting into the reaction debate now to we just got done with taht after months in Anime not again

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's an 18f move versus a 7f move. You can tell which one is coming.
Ill meet you halfway and say that the overhead is unsafe and therefore usually not as effective as F3 into free chip damage/pressure. Shinnok's 50/50s are not as good as most characters, its his other tools that are really good.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Ill meet you halfway and say that the overhead is unsafe and therefore usually not as effective as F3 into free chip damage/pressure. Shinnok's 50/50s are not as good as most characters, its his other tools that are really good.
People react and block it all of the time, Its not that hard.

"it's 18f vs. 7f" isn't enough because we have this wonderful skill known as "delaying". when the opponent is heavily conditioned to block, which is awfully easy in this game, you have carte blanche to wait a bit then go low so that it matches the speed of the overhead.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Safe spaced dive kicks are pretty much the norm in FGs, BA always had to space his, it just got harder to space as the game went on
Oh word? Was it super easy to space in the beginning? Seemed like it was just regular safe. Either way I hate dive kicks more so, if you can make em safe. Oh rufus. . .

haketh

Noob
Oh word? Was it super easy to space in the beginning? Seemed like it was just regular safe. Either way I hate dive kicks more so, if you can make em safe. Oh rufus. . .
It was kinda easy but you still had to space

Rufus though it makes sense that they're so advantage due to the startup & how his general playstyle works though yeah it's frustrating lol