What's new

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma-Discussion Thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Not sure I agree with either of those. Rachael and Carl top 5? Not likely. Valkenhayn is definitely top 3 right now.

RM Truth

Hakumen all the way!! I haven't been able to get into CP because of its PS3 exclusivity. Hopefully I can save up and get a PS3 in the future. But why the drops in rankings for Hakumen? Have people been figuring out the matchup finally? I could care less if he was "bottom/trash" tier I would still play that cyborg samurai forever. He's so different in playstyle now and I kind of liked how his old combos looked but the new Hakumen still kicks ass.
People have realized that he's just a walking overdrive combo. If you play smart, he's pretty manageable.

hakumen is still top tier in 1.0.

1.1's biggest nerfs for hakumen are: the untech time on airthrow (no more 1 hit airthrow, OD, 5c otg combos. the airthrow OD combo will be some variation of: airthrow, OD, hotaru, airdash, etc. which does a lot less dmg)
meter gain while in the air slower than on the ground (biggest nerf imo. hakumen will have to stick to the ground more during runaway if he wants to gain as much meter as he does now by running away and pressing jc and j2a. his ground footsies are no match for his air game.)
agito is minus on block (also pretty bad. dash agito mixups will be way worse, random high agito into falling jb nowhere near as good)

still will be an A+ character.

RM Truth

hakumen is still top tier in 1.0.

1.1's biggest nerfs for hakumen are: the untech time on airthrow (no more 1 hit airthrow, OD, 5c otg combos. the airthrow OD combo will be some variation of: airthrow, OD, hotaru, airdash, etc. which does a lot less dmg)
meter gain while in the air slower than on the ground (biggest nerf imo. hakumen will have to stick to the ground more during runaway if he wants to gain as much meter as he does now by running away and pressing jc and j2a. his ground footsies are no match for his air game.)
agito is minus on block (also pretty bad. dash agito mixups will be way worse, random high agito into falling jb nowhere near as good)

still will be an A+ character.
Agito being minus is super huge. That move was too good.

TKB

Noob
Those lists are crazy to me, Carl top five... Lol. Also how is tager low tier? I thought he was much better than that. He's kinda scary

RM Truth

Those lists are crazy to me, Carl top five... Lol. Also how is tager low tier? I thought he was much better than that. He's kinda scary
He's all gimmicks now. Lost a lot of stuff that made him good in CSEX like the low bounce height on Atomic Collider and upper body invincibility on 2C.

TKB

Noob
Tbh I'm forming my opinion of him from past games I haven't played nearly enough CP yet to know lol. I do know arakune isn't as good as he used to be :(

RM Truth

Tbh I'm forming my opinion of him from past games I haven't played nearly enough CP yet to know lol. I do know arakune isn't as good as he used to be :(
Tager's pretty much always been low tier. Always had to rely on gimmicks and tech traps for damage. CSEX was the best verison of Tager because he had reliable damage off of his hit confirms and he still had the threat of command grab.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
How good is Noel? She looks awesome, but if she's just a shitter then idk. she would prolly be the only reason id buy this

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hakumen all the way!! I haven't been able to get into CP because of its PS3 exclusivity. Hopefully I can save up and get a PS3 in the future. But why the drops in rankings for Hakumen? Have people been figuring out the matchup finally? I could care less if he was "bottom/trash" tier I would still play that cyborg samurai forever. He's so different in playstyle now and I kind of liked how his old combos looked but the new Hakumen still kicks ass.
From what I saw in this video.. He's not as dumb... So parry's are more baitable, etc.