What's new

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma-Discussion Thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I didn't see that anyone made an actual discusson thread for this game. Blazblue was the game that got me into competitive fighting games, and Chrono Phantasma has revitalized my enjoyment of the series. I'll be getting back into playing this game competitively for any tournaments I go to, but I wanted to know who else likes or is interested in this game. You can post whatever you want in this thread whether it be videos, strategies, questions, or anything miscellaneous about the series. If you need any help with some of the basics or mechanics, you can ask here, and we can help as best as we can.

Here's a link to the channel of Omex K. He has some good tutorials for the basics of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BusOfImpendingDoom/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

credits go to @Red Reaper

Last edited:

RM Truth

Just so anyone knows, this is my team

Main: Hazama

Alts: Azrael, Jin, Valkenhayn, Mu-12

RM Truth

It's a great series. It takes everything good about Guilty Gear, and removes some of the ridiculous learning curve. Before I started playing other fighting games more seriously like SF and MK, I was playing anime fighters, and Continuum Shift was my main game. CS2 and CSEX were kind of disappointing, but CP is fantastic.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I really enjoy BlazBlue, but I have a sad soft spot for Guilty Gear. Particularly X-2, which was the most broken version of the game.

Good fun, though.

RM Truth

I really enjoy BlazBlue, but I have a sad soft spot for Guilty Gear. Particularly X-2, which was the most broken version of the game.

Good fun, though.
AC Eddie was the most broke character in that series imo.

I main Kokonoe :REO Seriously though the games hella fun and is doing better than Injustice at some tournies. Still waitng for xrd tho

RM Truth

I main Kokonoe :REO Seriously though the games hella fun and is doing better than Injustice at some tournies. Still waitng for xrd tho
I have to admit. At first, I didn't care at all the Kokonoe was going to be in the game, but she's actually really fun to play.

RM Truth

FDC infinites in GGXX laugh at you. Reload Zato and Slayer chuckle at you. GG Sol and Chipp snigger at your ideas. AC Eddie is just really good. Not broken.

You know nothing of (character) strength.
It's probably the fact that I'm just not good at Guilty Gear, but I don't ever feel like I get to play the game against Eddie sometimes.

RM Truth

Bumping this because this thread died way too quick. Come on guys. There must be more people here interested in this series. I'd like to turn this thread into a mini dustloop if possible.

TKB

Noob
I'm gonna be the only one here that plays arakune :) he was much better in continuum shift though. I also enjoy azrael too.

Guilty Gear X is probably my favorite fighting game ever. I cannot wait for Xrd. Venom always has been and always will be my GG main :)

Glass Sword

Nobody
Several people in the Injustice community in GA are having a fling with the game.
Me and Xenomorph and Trepound sorta.
I main Nu-13 since she is the character I wanted to play since Calamity Trigger. She is rough to use in this version however.

i use this character

some things about CP are really, really stupid (you have no burst. kokonoe hit you 2/3's of the way to the corner. you have 80 percent health. she has 50 heat. some characters are just dead off the unblockable reset/// you have 100% life and your opponent has 5% life. hakumen puts you in the corner. he baits a throw tech with a backdash into a counterhit 3c. he overdrives and you are dead)

its really fun though. GG is better overall

Reactions: TKB
i use this character

some things about CP are really, really stupid (you have no burst. kokonoe hit you 2/3's of the way to the corner. you have 80 percent health. she has 50 heat. some characters are just dead off the unblockable reset/// you have 100% life and your opponent has 5% life. hakumen puts you in the corner. he baits a throw tech with a backdash into a counterhit 3c. he overdrives and you are dead)

Implying that GG wasnt broken either...i seen you in pjs stream getting salty at mashers lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i use this character

How do you bait throw techs? The window for teching throws seems pretty fair...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Several people in the Injustice community in GA are having a fling with the game.
Me and Xenomorph and Trepound sorta.
I main Nu-13 since she is the character I wanted to play since Calamity Trigger. She is rough to use in this version however.
I wanted to use Lambda just because she looks kool but Mu-12 looks better..