What's new

Best character so far

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I'm equally as curious about this, I don't agree HG is a bad matchup as SM has great air control
Superman can't just come in from the air for free against HG.
Air Mace Charge and air horizontal mace toss beats his air dash.
Air Mace Toss (both versions) beats all of his lasers
d2 beats any kind of jump in if predicted.
I think that's all Supes can do in the air right?

Basically Superman has to get through HG's zoning by dashing on the ground and blocking. She shuts down one of his option, doesn't mean she hard counters superman, she just has that slight advantage.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Superman can't just come in from the air for free against HG.
Air Mace Charge and air horizontal mace toss beats his air dash.
Air Mace Toss (both versions) beats all of his lasers
d2 beats any kind of jump in if predicted.
I think that's all Supes can do in the air right?

Basically Superman has to get through HG's zoning by dashing on the ground and blocking.
Maybe I have yet to see a good HG player, but I see a big difference between DS's insane zoning vs what you described above. It seems like a minor annoyance and nothing major that can really keep him out. I do think she dominates anybody who can't control the air or move around the air, but SM actually can.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Maybe I have yet to see a good HG player, but I see a big difference between DS's insane zoning vs what you described above. It seems like a minor annoyance and nothing major that can really keep him out. I do think she dominates anybody who can't control the air or move around the air, but SM actually can.
That's exactly what it is, a minor annoyance. Superman just has to adapt and start learning how to be patient, dash, block the mace, until they manage to completely close the gap. It's not like she completely shuts down his rushdown like Deathstroke, it's just that he can't zone fullscreen against her and that air dashing in is a bad idea if the HG see it coming. If you're in europe we can do some HG vs Superman matches, but since I doubt you're in EU... Good luck finding a good HG in usa/wherever you are.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
That's exactly what it is, a minor annoyance. Superman just has to adapt and start learning how to be patient, dash, block the mace, until they manage to completely close the gap. It's not like she completely shuts down his rushdown like Deathstroke, it's just that he can't zone fullscreen against her and that air dashing in is a bad idea if the HG see it coming. If you're in europe we can do some HG vs Superman matches, but since I doubt you're in EU... Good luck finding a good HG in usa/wherever you are.
Even if you have vids of one that would be cool to see. I'd like to see what a good HG can do in general. New tech is being shown every week by players so I'm always up for learning new stuff. She might have some silly tech I'm not even aware of. This is all based on 3 weeks of gameplay, none of us really know shit about the game yet:(

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Even if you have vids of one that would be cool to see. I'd like to see what a good HG can do in general. New tech is being shown every week by players so I'm always up for learning new stuff. She might have some silly tech I'm not even aware of. This is all based on 3 weeks of gameplay, none of us really know shit about the game yet:(
I got an "old" video of me against a superman in an offline tournament, I got a more recent one that's a few days old that I didn't upload. Both are against the same Superman (though he obviously got slightly better in the more recent video and so did I) as it's the only superman mainer I've fought and because of that I'm not sure how actually good he is as a Superman.
Here are the old matches:
Old video 1
Old video 2

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Circus: No matter who is using him or not, it's hard to argue Superman is not an extremely well rounded char. I tend to agree w/the top players saying there is no single best char, but he's really strong

I'm not saying he's not, I main him after all lol.

I'm just saying that there are a ton of contenders for high tier right now because not only have people not fully explored some of these characters but also because matchups haven't been learned at all yet even by most of the players that we have seen doing well in tournaments.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm not saying he's not, I main him after all lol.

I'm just saying that there are a ton of contenders for high tier right now because not only have people not fully explored some of these characters but also because matchups haven't been learned at all yet even by most of the players that we have seen doing well in tournaments.
I could be wrong but when it's all said and done I really think Batman will be

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Like on Wednesday Night Fights yesterday. That Joker unblockable tech that ignores wakeups after hard knockdowns for free damage..... Joker has like 5 ways to hard knockdown. This means he is a serious vortex character and that is nothing to shrug off in a game like this.

And I've yet to see a Nightwing successfully abuse his corner chip traps or a Killer Frost pull off a successful vortex in tourny stream play.

Are these things harder to do? Yea, of course. The reasons why Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Adam, and Deathstroke are more gravitated toward right now is because they are good for obvious fundamental reasons. There are a large amount of other characters though that require setups that people have to discover to become amazing like KF, Joker, and Nightwing.

Just give it time and we'll be seeing alot more shinanagans. It always happens in every fighting game.

mr.sagat

CVS2 beast, Injustice scrub :(
Aquaman - Great damage potential off of fast long reaching lows. D2 is pretty godly. Start up is faster than it should be and hitbox on it can be absurd. (works as an anti cross up sometimes) Also one of his moves (don't remember if it is a special or a string) has a hitbox that is literally behind him, (gotta be a glitch) been hit with that a few times. It's pretty wild to take one of the characters with the nastiest close games and give him a trait that compliments that asset and compounds his close game strength even more. On the flip side you have characters that seem weaker in general, have a weaker trait and can't even use the trait in the match because of slow start up, makes no sense...

FWIW, I main Raven and the guys I play offline with say she's OP. I don't see it.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
between Superman and deathstroke.
Both have amazing Mix up potential and versatility, both with amazing rush downs.
Rush down deathstroke I lol'd... I dont even think that most deathstroke players even know if they character has combo strings not alone more than just 4 special moves... Just keeping it real

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Supes, Aquaman, Batman and GL are my top for now (or at least the most well rounded). They have tools to zone, to beat/get in on zoning. and they have up-close pressure/mixups. They all also have at least 1 or 2 options for anti-airing which is something that alot of characters lack in this game >__>;

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
i WISH i was good with Wonder Woman, but i am just so terrible with her, seems like she has the tools to be one of the better ones but I just can do anything with her online. Superman and Batman are just so much easier to play with and have all the tools. Although playing as batman I can never beat a good Superman.