What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl MUs Post 1.06

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Are they doing DP into DP? When ever I try to poke out with 111 or d1 cartwheel, I get blown up by the second DP. It's almost a pseudo block infinite in venom.
111 will beat a double DP. As will d1~db2. The two hits come out before the second DP does.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
In the Bane MU, did you guys know that if Bane charges you from anywhere outside of dash range, you can do DB32 (makin' it rain) and it will avoid it and put you closer to him. Might be a good option to use when Bane is running out of level 3 so you end up closer and he is on debuff.

Unfortunately, even if you space it perfectly to land right next to him the recovery on DB32 is such total shit that you can't even dream of getting a punish. #BuffBatgirl

What types of things are you guys doing to deal with some of Bane's level 3 stuff?

@Pan1cMode @Rip Torn @SonicFox5000 @Batgirl Mains
Well, I know you can punish his MB uppercut with a forward dash between the first and second hit. Dash under and then b12 into vortex or damage in the corner. I never see anyone doing this.

Also Bane hates when Batgirl is full screen building meter with db33 and if Bane charges she does db31 into a teleport when she lands. Basically, if she gets the life lead it can be a real pain in the ass for him to catch her.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Well, I know you can punish his MB uppercut with a forward dash between the first and second hit. Dash under and then b12 into vortex or damage in the corner. I never see anyone doing this.

Also Bane hates when Batgirl is full screen building meter with db33 and if Bane charges she does db31 into a teleport when she lands. Basically, if she gets the life lead it can be a real pain in the ass for him to catch her.
Yeah even when she doesn't have the life lead he is pretty much still probably annoyed by getting hit by bolas non-stop while he turtles.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol. Please don't base MU numbers on me Ribbz if you're doing so. I got blown up by that one string, what was it b.2 d.1? or whatever. I'm not like salty but I'm trying to work through it.

Anyways, all I know is that Bane has the tools to keep BG down so long as the connection is solid. Give him a good stage and he is set.
Also Ribbz, even you have to admit I made it hard to get in on me. I ended up messing up somewhere on the line most of the time, but the wall was real.

(Also the only real wins I ever got were against your BG Q_Q )

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
lol. Please don't base MU numbers on me Ribbz if you're doing so. I got blown up by that one string, what was it b.2 d.1? or whatever. I'm not like salty but I'm trying to work through it.

Anyways, all I know is that Bane has the tools to keep BG down so long as the connection is solid. Give him a good stage and he is set.
Also Ribbz, even you have to admit I made it hard to get in on me. I ended up messing up somewhere on the line most of the time, but the wall was real.

Agreed. Bane sitting on life lead is probably one of the most frustrating characters to touch.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Agreed. Bane sitting on life lead is probably one of the most frustrating characters to touch.
By the by, DP hits faster on block than on hit. Figured I'd let you guys know. Basically if you're blocking, Bane's DP will hit you sooner than if you aren't.
Its weird, I can't explain it, just know if you try to poke him out of DP DP, if he just frames it you'll be getting hit by a faster DP. It stops being 16 frames.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yeah even when she doesn't have the life lead he is pretty much still probably annoyed by getting hit by bolas non-stop while he turtles.
You can throw out some bola's full screen for chip but make sure you activate electric knuckles if you are going to do that. If you get too predictable he can activate venom and charge you. Things can go downhill after that. If they are up by 30% or more you might actually have to go in on him. I like low ex batarangs to push him out when you have the life lead. Regular batarangs are decent for catching him dashing in randomly. If it's even, just stay away with db3 and batarangs and mb batarangs. As you get near the corner db31 to switch sides and throw more batarangs.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I will say this, after a bola you can check him with a batarang and it'll catch them trying to dash in right after blocking. If not, you've built free meter and they get the dash anyways.

RM Truth

I will say this, after a bola you can check him with a batarang and it'll catch them trying to dash in right after blocking. If not, you've built free meter and they get the dash anyways.
Noone should be dashing after a blocked bola anyways because its like + a million on block.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

I am not, don't worry. I don't base match-ups really based on match exp anyways...especially online lol...I just more-so theory fight and think about the characters tools and how they affect the MU...what issues they present the other character and what, if anything is shut down.

RM Truth

I am not, don't worry. I don't base match-ups really based on match exp anyways...especially online lol...I just more-so theory fight and think about the characters tools and how they affect the MU...what issues they present the other character and what, if anything is shut down.
Ribbz plays every MU in his head because its the closest he'll get to playing at the highest level. :DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I personally don't struggle with the Bane matchup that much, I just zone him the hell out and get the vortex going when I can

The batgirl boards are dead so here are my opinions on BGs MUs post patch. Any input is appreciated and welcomed.

Aquaman 3.5-6.5

Ares 6-4

Bane 5-5 (possible 6-4)

Batgirl 5-5

Batman 4.5-5.5 (possible 4-6)

Black Adam 6-4 (possible 5-5)

Catwoman 5-5

Cyborg 6-4

Deathstroke 6-4

Doomsday 5-5

Flash 5-5

Green Arrow 6-4

Green Lantern 6-4

Harley Quinn 5-5

Hawkgirl 5.5-4.5

The Joker 6-4

Killer Frost 5-5

Lex Luthor 5-5

Lobo 6-4

Martian Manhunter 5-5 (possible 4-6)

Nightwing 5-5

Raven 6-4

Scorpion 6-4

Shazam 5-5

Sinestro 5-5

Solomon Grundy 5-5

Superman 6-4 (possible 5-5)

Wonder Woman 5-5

Zatanna 5-5

Zod 5-5

Loosing MUs: 2
Advantage MUs: 12
Even MUs: 16

Unsure MUs: 5
Even vs lex and shazan is hard to buy her wakeup owns armor too but I think cw is overrated u can punish every time u make the read or just fuzzy it, can bane interrupt it or stuff?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Even vs lex and shazan is hard to buy her wakeup owns armor too but I think cw is overrated u can punish every time u make the read or just fuzzy it, can bane interrupt it or stuff?
@rev0lver was the one who claimed Lex vs. BG was even. I have MU experience against @x5ivestar and can honestly say she doesn't get up for free.

Against Shazam I don't see why it would be in BGs favour. She can't keep him out effectively and his command grabs out range her b1 (he out-footsies her). Shazam does big damage going in and his oki-setups can stuff all her wakeups.

CW is definitely even. I have extensive MU experience against @n-megabyte and he'd probably agree. BG can't zone CW and j2 is godlike in this MU (stuffs wakeups, jump ins etc.)

I think you just looked and saw supposed low tier characters going even and thought "downplaying". There aren't many (read any) MUs that BG dominates to the extent of a 7-3. In fact, she goes even against a lot of the cast.

As for cartwheel, you can option select back dash which will avoid the low and block the overhead and high. I don't know about fuzzying it though. There's like a 2 frame gap so it's possible I guess (EDIT: you're better off back dashing because it yields the same result [the high and overhead come out the same time] but you get a bigger chance to punish the low). Haven't tested if Bane can armour through although I don't think so.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As for cartwheel, you can option select back dash which will avoid the low and block the overhead and high. I don't know about fuzzying it though. There's like a 2 frame gap so it's possible I guess. Haven't tested if Bane can armour through although I don't think so.
You've asked it before and I explained he can but its not consistant enough to use all the time.

@rev0lver was the one who claimed Lex vs. BG was even. I have MU experience against @x5ivestar and can honestly say she doesn't get up for free.

Against Shazam I don't see why it would be in BGs favour. She can't keep him out effectively and his command grabs out range her b1 (he out-footsies her). Shazam does big damage going in and his oki-setups can stuff all her wakeups.

CW is definitely even. I have extensive MU experience against @n-megabyte and he'd probably agree. BG can't zone CW and j2 is godlike in this MU (stuffs wakeups, jump ins etc.)

I think you just looked and saw supposed low tier characters going even and thought "downplaying". There aren't many (read any) MUs that BG dominates to the extent of a 7-3. In fact, she goes even against a lot of the cast.

As for cartwheel, you can option select back dash which will avoid the low and block the overhead and high. I don't know about fuzzying it though. There's like a 2 frame gap so it's possible I guess (EDIT: you're better off back dashing because it yields the same result [the high and overhead come out the same time] but you get a bigger chance to punish the low). Haven't tested if Bane can armour through although I don't think so.
No I think shazam has an awful time getting in in footsies range against anyone and bola can be held down and released on reaction. And I think bola should really give lex problems due to the fact it wins all trades and his jump arc is awful so she can easilier punish escape attempts, also she has a multi hit advancing move and her db1 mob is multi hit and she has a multi hit wakeup as an option, all on top of the fact that when done properly her vortex and damage is ridiculous, lex's lack of dash recivery and heis floaty jump arc spells a tough deal with her zoning , I also know she out zones new in staff badly , all you need to do is trade with db1 and spam bolas and he can't do shit

Last edited: