What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl MUs Post 1.06

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No I think shazam has an awful time getting in in footsies range against anyone and bola can be held down and released on reaction. And I think bola should really give Alex problems due to the fact it wins all trades and his jump arc is awful so she can easilier punish escape attempts, also she has a multi hit advancing move and her db1 mob is multi hit and she has a multi hit wakeup as an option, all on top of the fact that when done properly her vortex and damage is ridiculous, lex's lack of dash recivery and heis floaty jump arc spells a tough deal with her zoning , I also know she out zones new in staff badly , all you need to do is trade with db1 and spam bolas and he can't do shit
I'm sorry, but I legitimately can't understand what you've written :(.

Shazam's tele helps him get around BG 'zoning' without too much trouble.

Lex's j3 beats tele and also has stupid good range. She can't go air to air against it. Also his corps charge with armour is great because it blows up all poke it attempts and basically greats him s free knockdown.

The rest I can't understand :/.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You can throw out some bola's full screen for chip but make sure you activate electric knuckles if you are going to do that. If you get too predictable he can activate venom and charge you. Things can go downhill after that. If they are up by 30% or more you might actually have to go in on him. I like low ex batarangs to push him out when you have the life lead. Regular batarangs are decent for catching him dashing in randomly. If it's even, just stay away with db3 and batarangs and mb batarangs. As you get near the corner db31 to switch sides and throw more batarangs.
I don't think the electric knuckles increases chip damage for projectiles.

RiBBz22

Actually I wrote that because i thought it built hella meter but it doesn't (on projectiles). Did they change that?
Oh, I think they reduced the meter build a while back actually. It used to be dumb... Bola cancel builds enough though and BG always has meter so it is a shame they didn't change the game to a 5 bar system lol.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Oh, I think they reduced the meter build a while back actually. It used to be dumb... Bola cancel builds enough though and BG always has meter so it is a shame they didn't change the game to a 5 bar system lol.
Well, I remember when they nerfed the bola cancels... that was really dumb. Now it takes 20 bola cancels to build a bar. Was that when they changed the trait meter build? oh well… Doesn't really matter. Cartwheel still builds hella meter.

I'm sorry, but I legitimately can't understand what you've written :(.

Shazam's tele helps him get around BG 'zoning' without too much trouble.

Lex's j3 beats tele and also has stupid good range. She can't go air to air against it. Also his corps charge with armour is great because it blows up all poke it attempts and basically greats him s free knockdown.

The rest I can't understand :/.
I sent it from phone, what i mean is, you can hold down bolas and release them on reaction to shazams teleport

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
What do you do in footsie range against characters with faster walk speeds and quick, long ranged normals (i.e., superman, GL, aquaman)? Batgirl's b1 has decent range but is so slow compared to the actual good footsie tools in the game. Even when I'm actually able to get my opponent to whiff a normal (no easy feat w batgirl's ass walk speed), my b1 often gets crushed (by the second hit of superman's f23 for example) or comes out too slow to punish (i.e., when I try it against GL's b1). I've taken to neutral or forward jumping on reaction to whiffs but I don't love it.

Help please!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What do you do in footsie range against characters with faster walk speeds and quick, long ranged normals (i.e., superman, GL, aquaman)? Batgirl's b1 has decent range but is so slow compared to the actual good footsie tools in the game. Even when I'm actually able to get my opponent to whiff a normal (no easy feat w batgirl's ass walk speed), my b1 often gets crushed (by the second hit of superman's f23 for example) or comes out too slow to punish (i.e., when I try it against GL's b1). I've taken to neutral or forward jumping on reaction to whiffs but I don't love it.

Help please!
There really is no good answer to your question as AM, SM and GL dominate Batgirl from that range. Here are some of her options, but nothing is without it's risks:

Cartwheel is pretty good when you can get close enough to use it and is probably her best footsie tool. Builds meter for you to use later too. Pushes them to the corner.
db3,1 can get you in (or over them and closer) but it's also risky. They might not get a good punish out of it though since it's only air punishable (she is safe when she lands like GL's air turbine whiff).
You can play mind games with db3,3 and db3MB in order to bait out an AA or projectile. db3 delay into 1 also to bait out something and get in on whiff.
Dash in block is actually pretty hard for them to punish.
Dash in flying bat (df2)can beat out (or trade with) their counter-poke from certain ranges but this is also very unsafe.
Dash in instant air j2 or late j2 is pretty good depending on the range. Instant air j2 is a fast overhead that can be combo'd into 111 when you land resulting in vortex but is also unsafe.
Dash in redemption(bf3) is pretty slow but the animation can make pokes whiff. Plus on block but slow startup makes it risky. You need a good read on a d1 + perfect spacing to make this work.
j3 is pretty good and leaves you at huge frame advantage on block which is what Batgirl needs most but it's pretty easily AA'd by GL,SM,AM.
You can use smoke bomb before any of those jump attacks to bait out the AA and punish. Also very unsafe.

Basically, she needs to go yolo every once in a while to get the opponent to respect smoke bomb/flying bat. Once that happens she can hopefully get in and do some mixups. Good luck.

RiBBz22

I am blowing up Batgirl's cartwheel with Killer Frost consistently after a meterless vortex with f2~slide.

b1u3, u3, u3, 22~slide, u3, dash under f2~slide. Beats cartwheel every time.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I am blowing up Batgirl's cartwheel with Killer Frost consistently after a meterless vortex with f2~slide.

b1u3, u3, u3, 22~slide, u3, dash under f2~slide. Beats cartwheel every time.
Every character has an option to beat cartwheel like that. Is f2 done in reaction or preemptively?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Every character has an option to beat cartwheel like that. Is f2 done in reaction or preemptively?
I'm sure frost's f2 is preemptive but every character can easily blow up wakeup cartwheel with a nj2 from just outside sweep range. However, the nj must be done preemptively and does get beat by her flying bat wakeup.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm sure frost's f2 is preemptive but every character can easily blow up wakeup cartwheel with a nj2 from just outside sweep range. However, the nj must be done preemptively and does get beat by her flying bat wakeup.
That's what I mean. Like, flash can d2 on reaction, not preemptively. You can't wakeup against a good flash :c

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Hey guys I've been maining BG for four months now and I still think she is the most up played character in the game. Am I the only one that thinks that? I can't really think of any 7-3's and a couple of 6-4's but mostly even matchups.

@Pan1cMode do you still think she has two losing MUs only?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Opinions on the Lobo match-up?
It's weird. You outdamage us and outfootsie us midscreen, but we get vortex (of course). Your 11 frame standing 3 outranges our 14 frame b1 and we have to take risks getting in, risks which if you have trait and 1 bar causes us to take 28%+.

But hear more from the ones who've played it more, I barely have any experience.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey guys I've been maining BG for four months now and I still think she is the most up played character in the game. Am I the only one that thinks that? I can't really think of any 7-3's and a couple of 6-4's but mostly even matchups.

@Pan1cMode do you still think she has two losing MUs only?
I think she doesn't have any 7-3s (for or against) and that she potentially loses to DD, AM, BM and MMH. Personally I think that if she loses, it's only very marginally. I would be comfortable with saying she has 1-3 bad MUs. I think she definitely top 5 though; either 4th or 5th (MMH, AM, Zod, Flash being the other top 5)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think she doesn't have any 7-3s (for or against) and that she potentially loses to DD, AM, BM and MMH. Personally I think that if she loses, it's only very marginally. I would be comfortable with saying she has 1-3 bad MUs. I think she definitely top 5 though; either 4th or 5th (MMH, AM, Zod, Flash being the other top 5)
Just because you lose to Flash doesn't make him top 5 :joker:

Why do you think she loses to DD and MMH?

RiBBz22

So more bad MU's than Frost. Interesting :DOGE

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I think she loses to all 4 four of those, but that's pretty much it. I don't downplay that much lol. But still I feel like the majority of her MUs are even so I don't see why so many people complain about her and how OP she is. She's kinda like Batman, really solid but doesn't specifically dominate or anything.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I probably played the Lobo MU more than any other Batgirl here. 6-4 Batgirl.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just because you lose to Flash doesn't make him top 5 :joker:

Why do you think she loses to DD and MMH?
I don't think she loses to DD, whiteboi does. Also, MMH is bad for server all reasons but until I get more experience I wanna hold off my judgement.

So more bad MU's than Frost. Interesting :DOGE
I said I think she has 1 bad MU and potentially 3 challenging ones. That's definitely better than KF, ohandytheresadogefacesoyouwerentserious ._.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I don't think she loses to DD, whiteboi does. Also, MMH is bad for server all reasons but until I get more experience I wanna hold off my judgement.

I said I think she has 1 bad MU and potentially 3 challenging ones. That's definitely better than KF, ohandytheresadogefacesoyouwerentserious ._.
Whiteboi and Noobe both feel its 6-4 DD, and after having played a set with Noobe, I can see where they are coming from.

RiBBz22

Well I honestly think they have about the same number of bad MU's and I would take KF's bad MU's over Batgirl's bad MU's.

Whiteboi also thinks KF goes even with DD so I can't take him serious. Being good at the game doesn't make you automatically right like a lot of people think.