What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl MUs Post 1.06

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
ah thanks for clearing that up, i see what youre saying about having the lifelead but thats assuming gets reckless. if im not mistaken she can backdash and punish b13 so even when shes dashing in if she knows the mu and to expect it he can end up in vortex city. reckless teleports are free punishes yes but if theyre doing random tele its more on the player than the character. her zoning isnt raven sinestro or zod bad but that mixed with the fact that you cant zone her makes it pretty bad, i think its uneven and i hate it but id run some sets against your BG if you want.
and dont get me started on online matchups gahhd, but DS Superman and Babs all have slight advantage imo, DS is really close but again they can all punish b13 his best string lol
Well with more time well know for sure. I dont play batgirl but i want to try some characters vs GL if you're up for some games sometime plus i want to see your progress :)

Theres actually a lot of ways to beat it on wake-up. Smokebomb too, by the same merit if you use it.
The question I have is, and this is very important. Does the Bane have to block teleport to blow it up? If so then it is already a plus she has vs. many characters in the game. If he has to block it, then he can't do his brainless pressure all the time.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The question I have is, and this is very important. Does the Bane have to block teleport to blow it up? If so then it is already a plus she has vs. many characters in the game. If he has to block it, then he can't do his brainless pressure all the time.
No, he can beat it with bodysplash with the same timing he beats cartwheel.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
One big reason is why Max bodies so many people is he stuff all their wakeups with armored grab and armored uppercut. Now he will have to guess.
Guess what though? He does one move, you have to guess. He covers every option with one move lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Guess what though? He does one move, you have to guess. He covers every option with one move lol.
Umm, no he doesn't? Body splash doesn't beat tele iirc lol. She can also forward dash and punish that as well. He can't mindlessly pressure her wakeup like he can say batman, KF or BA.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Umm, no he doesn't? Body splash doesn't beat tele iirc lol. She can also forward dash and punish that as well. He can't mindlessly pressure her wakeup like he can say batman, KF or BA.
It does beat tele.
And you can't dash a triple-cross splash on account of your controls being flipped between crossed-up and non-cross up 3 or 4 times over in the matter of a single splash.
That's what makes the tech so good.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It does beat tele.
And you can't dash a triple-cross splash on account of your controls being flipped between crossed-up and non-cross up 3 or 4 times over in the matter of a single splash.
That's what makes the tech so good.
She still dashes the direction it's been inputted. I appreciate your Bane upplay (I have the MU as 5-5 remember), however he doesn't beat her wakeups free. He still has to guess what she's gonna do.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
She still dashes the direction it's been inputted. I appreciate your Bane upplay (I have the MU as 5-5 remember), however he doesn't beat her wakeups free. He still has to guess what she's gonna do.
If you press double f.f., the game will read it as f.b., or b.f., which will get you opened up.
On top of that, Bane's splash box can catch her backdash if she goes from crossed-up side.
If you keep mashing forward, you could even end up getting a f.b.f.b.f.b motion.

All the while, pretty much every wake-up you have from cartwheel to teleport gets stuffed with the same universal splash timing for a full combo.

Corner specific, being developed, but yes its a thing.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you press double f.f., the game will read it as f.b., or b.f., which will get you opened up.
On top of that, Bane's splash box can catch her backdash if she goes from crossed-up side.
If you keep mashing forward, you could even end up getting a f.b.f.b.f.b motion.

All the while, pretty much every wake-up you have from cartwheel to teleport gets stuffed with the same universal splash timing for a full combo.

Corner specific, being developed, but yes its a thing.
Oh corner specific. Yeah that makes sense.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It has 12 active frames and 9 recovery, so its basically +3 on whiff
Bat evade has 0 start up frames, with 3 coming out after 3 frames and hitting overhead avoiding Bane's b1 and curb stomping him. Of course this can be blown up with double punch but cartwheel and smokebomb can blow that up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bat evade has 0 start up frames, with 3 coming out after 3 frames and hitting overhead avoiding Bane's b1 and curb stomping him. Of course this can be blown up with double punch but cartwheel and smokebomb can blow that up.
You can block bat-evade.
Unless you are invincible going through it, or armoring through it, you can't punish it.

The second Bane is doing body splash though he is punishable by a d2 or anti air move. All I ask is that Bane has to guess and when he guesses wrong he can get punished. Right now as Doomsday no matter what wakeup I do, or not do, his oki game beats those options, and if he guesses wrong he can't get punished, he just re armors again.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The second Bane is doing body splash though he is punishable by a d2 or anti air move. All I ask is that Bane has to guess and when he guesses wrong he can get punished. Right now as Doomsday no matter what wakeup I do, or not do, his oki game beats those options, and if he guesses wrong he can't get punished, he just re armors again.
But that's the problem as it stems. The only option I've found thus far is doing your shoryuken but even that's inconsistent at best.
As I said though I'm still developing it, but barring that one instance nothing else works. d.2 included.