What's new

Average APM for a Hi-Level fighting game player?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
a bunch of inputs for KoF? whats the deal with that game anyways? are all those crazy inputs required for combos? or does it invovle movement too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In Fighting games it matters most on how fast you can react to frame moves, and how ahead on game you can plan and sucessful control the game to match each step of your plans, like a chess play.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Read: "I don't actually fucking know, I made this thread in a fit of stupidity and I am now trying to frantically cover it up."
If you arent curious about this, focus your stupid mind on something more practical. I made it to answer the two questions in the OP which you clearly didnt read or are too fucking simple to ponder. I have nothing to cover up, simpleton.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
can i clearly state for the record one more damn time that i know apm dont mean jack shit for fighters and u should stop projecting that here because i didnt even think about implying it and you certainly cant infer that from the op. now that 50 people have pointed that out redundantly let us carry on without inhibiting the thread further.
ok here's my thought. before reading this thread i didnt know what APM was, because i never played WoW or SC or any such games. but now I know what APM is.

and from what I understood, APM is really irrelevant in fighting games.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Not any higher than anyone else? Viper play isn't any more button pressing than other characters, it's just speed and precision of inputs. Highest SF4 esque APM would be a Honda or Gen player simply due to the fact that every cancelable poke is already buffered behind 4 other subsequent inputs (Or more if EX Hands is wanted). So that person can whiff 10 jabs and it's counted as 50 actions or more. Which, is about maybe, less than 5 seconds? What about a guy mashing an ultra in a blockstring. Did his APM just skyrocket to a heavenly level because he wants a reversal on a tight string?

Realistically a top level player would have a lower APM due to precision in controls and motions. Less useless inputs and more meaningful decisions.
Agreed... but even Wolfkrone and Latif do Seizmo cancels all day. You don't see Honda or Gen or Chun players doing random whiffed hands/legs right? ok

Agreed... but even Wolfkrone and Latif do Seizmo cancels all day. You don't see Honda or Gen or Chun players doing random whiffed hands/legs right? ok
So you're telling me that 623 P PP is more work than buffering Hands? You are aware that buffering hands too slow means you actually get HHS in neutral which gets you killed. The inputs are put in as an OS type of ordeal. If you hit, hands comes out. If it doesn't, you whiff a jab or strong as a space controlling poke. I see Gen and Honda whiff hands all day because it's buffered in every poke. ok