What's new

Aris Wins Wednesday Night Fights 3.2 Injustice Tournament

jaym7018

Noob
To be fair, some us will never be as good at fg's as those guys. Which is why I think the salt initially started. DS players had a awesome tool to win with in a scrub manner. Even I was butthurt.
We have breakthrough Deathstroke player finally admitting deathstrokes were winning by relying on overly powerful scrub tactics. Now their wins are a bit more honest.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I already have accepted it a day after I made my rant video. He is still my main. Everyone in the game is good minus a few characters, but compared to the top characters then they're nothing.
Glad you admit its also the character and not only the player, cause DS and Aris BOTH are good. That's all.

Well I did see the stream last night and I was glad there was a mixture of other characters that weren't BA or GL. I guess I'm tired of seeing BA, DS, and Superman(stupidman) all the time.

Aris seems to have great fundamentals and know the match-ups. I always knew Deathstroke would be good but it's not the character for me. I still think there are players that don't know how to get around the guns. I have no insight as I'm not the best player.

I like characters tht are basically underdogs such as Shazam even Harley. Love nightwings style and the stance change. There was a Wonder Woman that was awesome as well. There was a Harley player there that did well but BA just smothered her as well as the Zoners like DS.

haketh

Noob
Aris and Slips are my heroes. They both have made this board bearable by exposing what DS is capable of when used by good players.
Helps that people at WNF still aren't taking advantage of Strokes nerfs and they still seem to be struggling with getting around that stuff in general.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Deathstroke still is and will always be a top 10 character. He has everything you could want in a character.

Congrats to Aris. Glad to see someone else keeping the Deathstroke downplaying in line.
Top ten? Wow, that's a bold statement. I like it.

I was really impressed by your match against 16, but I'm curious about something. Do you think Deathstroke has the tools to effectively deal with Killer Frost, or do you consider it a really bad matchup for him? I honestly didn't expect it to go in your favor, but I was pleasantly surprised by your performance.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Top ten? Wow, that's a bold statement. I like it.

I was really impressed by your match against 16, but I'm curious about something. Do you think Deathstroke has the tools to effectively deal with Killer Frost, or do you consider it a really bad matchup for him? I honestly didn't expect it to go in your favor, but I was pleasantly surprised by your performance.
16 Bit played like crap. He usually beats me. And then he lost to interactables. Its a shame cause he was probably the best player and got knocked out by his training partners. I think DS vs. Frost is 6-4 in Frost's favor personally.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Shoutouts to all the players experimenting with other characters outside of the normal.

Are they as easy to win with as some others? Nope.
Are they more than capable of winning and being monstrous with matchup experience and situational awareness with them? Hell...yes...

I somehow think seeing Alukard do well and Chris G absolutely destroy at UFGT with a characters that are widely considered to be mid tier is influencing some of this innovative play.

Good shit guys.

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
I agree. UFGT made people branch out and stick to their guns. Glad to see the community progress.

Legends Movement with Sinestro is the best Ive seen.
MF Slayers Wonder Woman was hella hype to watch. This was the best WNF for injustice thus far.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't understand the way aris plays DS at all.

I just don't get it. I'm not hating on the guy but some of the damage he misses out on makes no sense to me.

Hard to argue with his playstyle when he keeps winning like this though.
The game is new and few people know how to fight the character correctly. Characters like Black Adam, Killer Frost, and Superman have no business losing to Deathstroke.

Mileena was winning tournaments the first year of Mortal Kombat 9's release too. In the end, people adapted to the gimmicks and beat her. She ended up being mid tier. Deathstroke will suffer the same fate.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
The game is new and few people know how to fight the character correctly. Characters like Black Adam, Killer Frost, and Superman have no business losing to Deathstroke.

Mileena was winning tournaments the first year of Mortal Kombat 9's release too. In the end, people adapted to the gimmicks and beat her. She ended up being mid tier. Deathstroke will suffer the same fate.

Well how can one be certain about MU stats when you factor in interactables since some stages favor certain types.I mean interactables can give you a huge advantage on some stages.People want to continue to use em and say"It apart of the game deal with it"If thats the case then we are going to need MU charts that include stage advantages as well since they are apart of the game:rolleyes: