What's new

Aris Wins Wednesday Night Fights 3.2 Injustice Tournament

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Superman? lol. And yes I agree with you that NRS has done their fair share of nerfing to zoning characters but that doesn't mean it still isn't VERY strong. Strongest zoning fighting game I've ever played. Trash.
Zoning is strong in this game for a few reasons :
pushblock
interactables
stage transitions
block and dashing system

A lot of character variety at WNF, it was really hype to watch. Wonderchef had an awesome Shazam, Tyrant with Grundy, and Krazyie using catwoman all the way (sick comebacks also), props to all of them. Legend is godlike, and also shoutouts to the Harley player as well. I hope he gets further in the next WNF.

Finally congrats to Aris for winning WNF with deathstroke. I don't why people are saying this game doesn't have footsies or fundamentals, because Aris's reads and spacing are beyond godlike.

Honorable Mention: Major thanks to "DJ" Commando for streaming injustice (as well as UFGT), and all the hardwork he puts into the FGC. Love the music he plays too, awesome stream in general.

cyke_out

Noob
Dude... I KNOW THIS MANNNN. Doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. I'll admit I just bought Injustice a week ago but I've gone from top 100 in MK9 to 86 and 57 on Injustice player match all because of being zoned out. It's making me hella rage.
Right, it's the zoning, not the fact that it's a completely new game and you just bought it a week ago. So you are facing players who have been playing the game for a month. It's can't be that. it has to be the game sucks.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Mileena was winning tournaments the first year of Mortal Kombat 9's release too. In the end, people adapted to the gimmicks and beat her. She ended up being mid tier. Deathstroke will suffer the same fate.
I disagree with the sentiment. You're using the term mid-tier like it's a dirty word. Unless you're garbage tier, you're generally a perfectly viable character in almost any fighting game except maybe MK9 since it's such a grossly unbalanced game. Sonic Fox is still doing very well with Milenna even this late in MK9's life.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I disagree with the sentiment. You're using the term mid-tier like it's a dirty word. Unless you're garbage tier, you're generally a perfectly viable character in almost any fighting game except maybe MK9 since it's such a grossly unbalanced game. Sonic Fox is still doing very well with Milenna even this late in MK9's life.
Sonic Fox wins local tournaments. Good. But what does it prove? Nothing. Maxter won VMS with Stryker and no one said anything. Mileena has too many bad match ups to win a stacked major tournament. That is why Sonic Fox never won any.

You can overrate Deathstroke all you want, but you will all look like fools six months from now, especially when NRS starts releasing top tier DLCs. Deathstroke will be substituted by much better characters very, very soon.

Bolton

Noob
Zoning is strong in this game for a few reasons :
pushblock
interactables
stage transitions
block and dashing system
You're forgetting one other thing: Clash.

Puts you near max screen distance from opponent, winner gets dmg on the other guy or heal and doesn't have his face sliding across the floor.

Utricle

Noob
SUGGESTION:
Don't know if anyone else will care or agree with me but, I really wish these news articles didn't show who wins in the title, whether it's a major or a weekly. My work schedule usually prevents me from watching most streams live, so I have to watch the re-broadcast in the twitch archives. When I see the winner posted on the front page it kinda ruins everything for me. :( Just sucks because I'm aware that the winners are posted on the FP and I actively try to avoid it when I'm just trying to browse the forums, but sometimes my eyes slip and I see:

Maybe you could post the winners after the break when you actually click on the article?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
SUGGESTION:
Don't know if anyone else will care or agree with me but, I really wish these news articles didn't show who wins in the title, whether it's a major or a weekly. My work schedule usually prevents me from watching most streams live, so I have to watch the re-broadcast in the twitch archives. When I see the winner posted on the front page it kinda ruins everything for me. :( Just sucks because I'm aware that the winners are posted on the FP and I actively try to avoid it when I'm just trying to browse the forums, but sometimes my eyes slip and I see:

Maybe you could post the winners after the break when you actually click on the article?
This :u x1000

Sonic Fox wins local tournaments. Good. But what does it prove? Nothing. Maxter won VMS with Stryker and no one said anything. Mileena has too many bad match ups to win a stacked major tournament. That is why Sonic Fox never won any.

You can overrate Deathstroke all you want, but you will all look like fools six months from now, especially when NRS starts releasing top tier DLCs. Deathstroke will be substituted by much better characters very, very soon.
Why do people keep saying Maxter won a tournament with Stryker? He won like two matches on a counter pick in a grand final, that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
Right, it's the zoning, not the fact that it's a completely new game and you just bought it a week ago. So you are facing players who have been playing the game for a month. It's can't be that. it has to be the game sucks.
You're a fucking tard. Regardless of how long I've played it doesn't take away from the fact that the zoning is ridiculous. This isn't my first fighting game boy.

cyke_out

Noob
You're a fucking tard. Regardless of how long I've played it doesn't take away from the fact that the zoning is ridiculous. This isn't my first fighting game boy.
This would be the part where someone would post a "U mad?" meme.

You think you can just instantly hop into a brand new game regardless how many other games you have played before? That sort of thinking is just idiotic. Why not play for a bit and instead of bitching about things, see if you can find a counter.

Oh, who am I kidding, of course you are not going to do that. It's much easier to whine and bitch and call people names for offering counter-points.

Damn, my ignore list is really filling up fast ever since injustice came out.

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
This would be the part where someone would post a "U mad?" meme.

You think you can just instantly hop into a brand new game regardless how many other games you have played before? That sort of thinking is just idiotic. Why not play for a bit and instead of bitching about things, see if you can find a counter.

Oh, who am I kidding, of course you are not going to do that. It's much easier to whine and bitch and call people names for offering counter-points.

Damn, my ignore list is really filling up fast ever since injustice came out.

No ones mad. Seems like you're getting a little too excited here. All I'm stating is that the zoning in this game is ridiculously strong, nothing new.