What's new

Are You Having Trouble with Inputs?

Having Issues with Inputs?

• Total voters

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I used to have this issue week one of release. But I just got used to it. Bf inputs and dbf inputs are fine for me. I use the Xbox dpad btw

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Same here. Not really sure what to do about it. I've never liked stick so it seems like I might just be a stream monster and support the scene that way.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Even though the controllers aren't the best, It's not the controller... or the game. But you can thank NRS & WB for this.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I play on Hitbox, but I still use the ps4 pad quite a bit. Had some issues at first, but now I can do run cancel combos, Jacqui's crazy f3b4 shit, bf motions, etc. Just spend some time in practice mode. It will pay off.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Input Shortcuts off allows for more precise execution and less unwanted special moves, no more teleport happening when you want to d3.

Input Shortcuts off allows for more precise execution and less unwanted special moves, no more teleport happening when you want to d3.
i have tried different setups like shortcuts on/off but something is strange with this input engine, i cant explain what it is.
i mean problems with bf motions is a joke, a lot of people having that problem.
i just played gg xrd and kof 13, no input problems from my side at all.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i have tried different setups like shortcuts on/off but something is strange with this input engine, i cant explain what it is.
i mean problems with bf motions is a joke, a lot of people having that problem.
i just played gg xrd and kof 13, no input problems from my side at all.
Maybe is just you guys, because i can do them just fine without dropping a single time ever since i got the timing down, either bf, du, bd, or db.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
B2 xx MB Close Rune comes out about 80% of the time. B1 xx EX portal grab comes out about 40%. Beats me, assuming its a lack of muscle memory.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I'm really really starting to think it's these fucking PDP MKX pads with their tiny shit d-pads. I rarely had issue with dbf inputs on my Madcatz Brawlpad when I played Injustice on my 360 but they're an absolute, inconsistent chore in this game. And trying to cancel strings or normals into command grabs in this game is a nightmare. Still not sure if it's weirder timing/ tighter input windows, this fucking pad, or both. Thinking it's mostly the pad at this point though bc I know my execution isn't that bad.

Not to mention the double taps of buttons in menus. PDP is hot garbage.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I would accidentally jump doing a bf motion when I first started but I just figured it was me not playing a playstation since the ps2. I went to practice and grinded the bf motion out. I'm pretty good at it now, I suggest you all do the same because you gotta be doing something wrong surely, right? :p

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Haven't experienced any issues with DS4, personally. Plink dashing in Marvel, 1f links in SFIV, etc.

The only issues I've had with execution in this game have been related to online input delay (which, I can usually mitigate by only playing against players with green connections.).

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I feel you on the back forward inputs, can barely EX them on reversal properly, sometimes I get random neutral jumps or forward jumps... I have no idea if it's the DS4, the input in MKX being bizarre, or what have you.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I noticed online some things aren't working that great. For example....someone trying to cross me up so I reverse my inputs for ball roll or ex ball roll and I get something different. I go into the lab or play the cpu and it comes out 99% of the time. Do you think its just the lag?

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I noticed online some things aren't working that great. For example....someone trying to cross me up so I reverse my inputs for ball roll or ex ball roll and I get something different. I go into the lab or play the cpu and it comes out 99% of the time. Do you think its just the lag?
This is also another issue, as I feel online the inputs are worse due to the delay, but I do get them slightly offline too, just not as prominent.