What's new

Are You Having Trouble with Inputs?

Having Issues with Inputs?

• Total voters

RM_Gamer

Noob
bf inputs has been a pain in mkx and injustice. injustice i would sometimes get an up tiara with ww when i input d12~bf2. and now with kang they just dont come out at times. i'll get a random s3 instead of a low fb. never had this issue in mk9

AeWhole

Noob
Okay, any Quan's out there that sometimes input skydrop during the 14xxMBDB1? I can do it perfectly on my friends hitbox but, on DS4 unless I am actively saying the inputs in an internal monologue I always get a fucking skydrop on the second iteration and not even an EX'd one at that.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Because of all my issues I did the same for a while, almost staccato tapping to ensure the inputs were distinct... it seemed to help, kinda, at times? It's all pretty inconsistent.
I completely agree. I pretty much never roll my thumb around the D-pad for this game. I play it like I'm pressing directional buttons on a keyboard. It took some adjustment, but I'm used to it now.

Oriphus

Noob
I pretty much never roll my thumb around the D-pad for this game.
I think it just depends, really.
Kitanas IAF, I have to do a precise, and spastic, u, d, f vs a sloppier roll or it won't come out.

Her d1, bf3 finish on a falling opponent is the same way. I have to be precise even with the buffer.

Her normal fans can be buffered and rolled fine though. But, something like the run cancel, d1, into fan.. The timing and precision on that rc and d1 have to be near perfect, (to me anyway) but the fan is rolled from the d1.

Most of my rolling is on the 1,2,3,4 buttons. I roll them all the way to the bottom. lol

Its like they're not even buttons at times .. Just a square slide box area.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Back-forward inputs in this game are a BITCH. I'm seriously considering experimenting with alternate controls to see if it alleviates the issue. I used to play on alternate with an Xbox 360 pad for Injustice and, shockingly, it worked wonders.

Aramonde

Noob
The other issue that i detest, is that when shortcuts is set "on" it messes up strings and combos when next close to interactable areas of the stage. I prefer this off but when doing Cassie's IAguns its a nightmare to pull off.

NRS should have tweaked that so it does not do this when having IS set to "On".
^ THIS! God i hate when this happens.

Oriphus

Noob
I
Back-forward inputs in this game are a BITCH.
I play with a DS4 and don't have much trouble. (<3 my bf3 <3) I have more trouble with the timing on wakeup , I believe. (which is actually surprising, when I think about it, considering how much I use it to wake up)

You use a 360 pad?

That was a silly question..
(quick, someone comment so mines not the last D=)

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The other issue that i detest, is that when shortcuts is set "on" it messes up strings and combos when next close to interactable areas of the stage. I prefer this off but when doing Cassie's IAguns its a nightmare to pull off.

NRS should have tweaked that so it does not do this when having IS set to "On".
They should've separated that into two options. I have no bloody idea why are diagonals and double attack button presses are considered relevant enough to each other to be governed by the same option.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I really didn't expect to see so many people having control issues 6-7 months after release. Honestly thought it might just have been me. Pretty disappointing. I'm prolly moving on myself - these games are hard enough to master without feeling like the controls are a barrier on top of it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
So I tried picking up Raiden today and learn him and I experienced two stupid issues. So first I was trying to do 214 into ex rising thunder and for some reason broski kept doing his xray...I eventually figured out this wouldn't happen if I waited until the low hit hits but it still makes no sense, he shouldn't be doing an xray since I am not pressing both triggers, only R2 to ex the rising thunder, my finger wasn't even touching L2, I also turned off input short cuts and it was still happening, it kind of annoyed be tbh lol

Next was with his 3,4 string, the one with the overhead kick, for some reason if I tried doing 3,4 after two b3s in the corner (or w.e the double overhead is) he would sometimes do a stance switch instead of the 3,4 kick? Idk wtf is going on, I am starting to think maybe my controller is just going bad or something.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Erron's armored command grab. (dbf2)

ESPECIALLY when needed for a wakeup.

If I were to speak strictly pertaining to online though, I could fill this page.
For some reason I have issues with all the tick grabs that have the dbf inputs, by dude always ends up doing a backwards jumping punch and it looks so stupid lol

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So I tried picking up Raiden today and learn him and I experienced two stupid issues. So first I was trying to do 214 into ex rising thunder and for some reason broski kept doing his xray...I eventually figured out this wouldn't happen if I waited until the low hit hits but it still makes no sense, he shouldn't be doing an xray since I am not pressing both triggers, only R2 to ex the rising thunder, my finger wasn't even touching L2, I also turned off input short cuts and it was still happening, it kind of annoyed be tbh lol

Next was with his 3,4 string, the one with the overhead kick, for some reason if I tried doing 3,4 after two b3s in the corner (or w.e the double overhead is) he would sometimes do a stance switch instead of the 3,4 kick? Idk wtf is going on, I am starting to think maybe my controller is just going bad or something.
3+4 is a macro for stance flip. Since you are also pressing block button to ex a move, you're getting X-ray.
Also I'm not sure why are you doing ex-RT because the move is ass so unless you are going for some fancy 2-meter combo, you should be doing ex-shocker. That said, if you are doing 2-meter combo, you should be doing one with double-hitting stopped ex-fireball instead otherwise it's pretty much a waste of meter.

Personal note: NRS fucked up big time with interface in MKX. One of the primary reasons why I don't really play the game anymore, everything is just too frustrating to execute.

For some reason I have issues with all the tick grabs that have the dbf inputs, by dude always ends up doing a backwards jumping punch and it looks so stupid lol
You're way way too late on the cancel then. So late that even your recovery finishes by that time. And you are also inputting "up" there somewhere by mistake.

Other than that, refer to this post, I had similar problem, but found out what was my issue.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
3+4 is a macro for stance flip. Since you are also pressing block button to ex a move, you're getting X-ray.
Also I'm not sure why are you doing ex-RT because the move is ass so unless you are going for some fancy 2-meter combo, you should be doing ex-shocker. That said, if you are doing 2-meter combo, you should be doing one with double-hitting stopped ex-fireball instead otherwise it's pretty much a waste of meter.

Personal note: NRS fucked up big time with interface in MKX. One of the primary reasons why I don't really play the game anymore, everything is just too frustrating to execute.

You're way way too late on the cancel then. So late that even your recovery finishes by that time. And you are also inputting "up" there somewhere by mistake.

Other than that, refer to this post, I had similar problem, but found out what was my issue.
So what should I do to get out the 34 consistently in corner combos? It works fine if I start with it or am not in corner, but if if do b2 (the double overhead) twice then try and do the 34 he does the stance switch, I guess I am pressing too fast? That would seem to by my problem with the throws too lol I press so fast my big a** thumbs must me sliding over the up button too or something lol thanks for the link btw

f3-neutral position-nutpunch. (f3, np, bd3) or jacqui bnb (f12, np, db2)
use neutral position before you cancel into something, it works 100%
you have to be fast though!

negative edge OFF
alt inputs OFF
shortcuts OFF (ON)

tip for stick users: to do the np just release the stick haha
This should solve it

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So what should I do to get out the 34 consistently in corner combos? It works fine if I start with it or am not in corner, but if if do b2 (the double overhead) twice then try and do the 34 he does the stance switch, I guess I am pressing too fast?
Pretty much. I'd say. Same happens to me when I do strings that involve 1,2 near interactibles.
Another option is to disable shortcuts. You should test this because it may or may not may affect your input of motions on d-pad (it certainly gives problems to KB and HB users). For some reason NRS decided that it's wise idea to lump two unrelated options into one, as far as I can tell.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Pretty much. I'd say. Same happens to me when I do strings that involve 1,2 near interactibles.
Another option is to disable shortcuts. You should test this because it may or may not may affect your input of motions on d-pad (it certainly gives problems to KB and HB users). For some reason NRS decided that it's wise idea to lump two unrelated options into one, as far as I can tell.
Yeah I tried it with both input shortcuts on and off and it still happens, I think I just need to slow down my inputs and be more precise with them, sometimes I have a bad habit of sliding my fingers for inputs instead of pressing, releasing then pressing, so it probably considers that as me pressing them at the same time too since I do it fast lol and I agree, like I said when I was trying to do the string into ex rising thunder dude was going into x ray when I wasn't even touching L2, idk why they did that but since I don't need to do that I guess it doesn't matter.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Other than Commando Kano (which is solely because I want to have all my mains' variations down, but I almost never use him), I won't even attempt to seriously pick up a character/variation if they're dependant around a DBF special because of how inconsistent they are. Which is a shame because two of my absolute favorites in this game to use/fight are Ferra/Torr and Erron Black. I commend anyone who mains them and can pull off their shenanigans consistently without fear, but I've been trying for months and it still isn't reliable.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Every so often when I try to do Mileena's sai toss, I'll get her F1. When I try to take a step forward and do B2, she'll backward fade. It's beyond frustrating