What's new

Are You Having Trouble with Inputs?

Having Issues with Inputs?

• Total voters

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I am concerned with fdb inputs when used in neutral. I typically do what can be seen, in a way, to be button slide and end up pressing d before releasing f. And the damn game reads f, f+d as dash lol (alternate controls disabled).

I suspect that reasons I sometimes fail bf input lies within late button release.

I have no idea why someone thought it's beneficial to make such input rules.

But then NRS tend to make strange decisions concerning controls, so...

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
I cant seem to do scorpions backward teleport with any kind of consistency. Anyone have a tip for that move? I mean the one where he retreats backward.

In Ermacs' spectral variation when i enter fly mode,I cant seem to do the teleport.I need to press the inputs really carefully and only then it works.No idea why.No problems when im on the ground though.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I had the exact same issue when I used the PS4 pad to play INJ on both the PS3 and the PS4 so I'm inclined to say it's the PS4 pad which is the issue.
It is not the pad. I have a Hori FC4 and this is a constant issue which I have never had in any other FG...ever.... I truly feel like we are inputing the BF motion too fast. If I slow down all BF inputs will come out. But as you say in the heat of the moment why would I want to be slower?

@GGA Dizzy any tips? I have noticed a lot of complaints in regards to BF inputs. Perticularly people who "slide" and not take the time to slow down and "tap" each button.

I really want to get better with Liu Kang but his abundance of back,forward inputs is putting me off so damn much. If that wasn't enough, his bicycle kick input is forward,back,forward.. why?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd really love to know why NRS decided to change the Nut Punch to a b,d+3 motion instead of keeping it b,d+1. I really would. It fucks me up so much, and I don't even play Johnny. I can't imagine a Johnny main trying to deal with this.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'd really love to know why NRS decided to change the Nut Punch to a b,d+3 motion instead of keeping it b,d+1. I really would. It fucks me up so much, and I don't even play Johnny. I can't imagine a Johnny main trying to deal with this.
It really doesn't make sense because 3 is a KICK BUTTON.

@colt pls. why a kick button for a nut punch?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine

dont tag him in derp threads like this thnx

:DOGE

Seriously though, I don't see a reason why can't we live without excessive directional inputs mid-string, 3-directional throws, stupid bicycle kicks inputs and many more things like that...

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Meh. There are weird input rules in this game that make little sense to me. If anything, you can just compare to similar inputs in previous games...
well since I'm playing on PC and using PS3 controller, I don't know what to think really ... I drop combos like hell now but it's fine I guess

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
It's quite alarming that so many players for whom this certainly isn't their first FG cannot get a basic input special to come out 10/10 times on command and are hoping for numbers like 80% of the time.

If I can get something simple like a Force Push out even 70% of the time I'm happy. Sad state of affairs, and as scrubby as it sounds I wish this could be amended/fixed. I don't think it's much to ask to have your moves come out when you want them to. I'd rather be practicing optimal damage combos/ set ups/ new mechanics like run cancelling instead of trying to train my fingers to do the bare minimum. Makes training mode tedious tbh.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
well since I'm playing on PC and using PS3 controller, I don't know what to think really ... I drop combos like hell now but it's fine I guess
Well, I drop a lot, but for objective reason of myself sucking. Some moves, however, behave fishy.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

Exactly. I fuckin' sat there for 10 mins in practice mode wondering why the nut punch wasn't coming out. I look at the movelist and see it was changed to 3. What the fuck? This wouldn't be a huge deal but there's something fucky about trying to do f+3 into d/b+3 in combos. I don't know what it is. For whatever reason, having to push a different button to finish the ender made it a ton easier. It's the same reason I jump kick with 4 and teleport with 3 when I play Ermac.

Fuck, I'm still drunk from last night.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Exactly. I fuckin' sat there for 10 mins in practice mode wondering why the nut punch wasn't coming out. I look at the movelist and see it was changed to 3. What the fuck? This wouldn't be a huge deal but there's something fucky about trying to do f+3 into d/b+3 in combos. I don't know what it is. For whatever reason, having to push a different button to finish the ender made it a ton easier. It's the same reason I jump kick with 4 and teleport with 3 when I play Ermac.

Fuck, I'm still drunk from last night.
Shadow kick is the same, so are the forceballs... but flipkick/shadow uppercut is different (its okay though because its still a kick button).... nutpunch a kick button? what the fuck?

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
You need to turn easy shortcuts off. With easy shortcuts on, the diagonl input df 1 is equal to inputing d, df,f 1. It can really mess you then if you have an accidental diagonal in you inputs. If you turn it off though you lose 1+2 equals interactable.
I only see positives in this... I will try this out. I also hate that 1+2 is intractables.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It is not the pad. I have a Hori FC4 and this is a constant issue which I have never had in any other FG...ever.... I truly feel like we are inputing the BF motion too fast. If I slow down all BF inputs will come out. But as you say in the heat of the moment why would I want to be slower?

@GGA Dizzy any tips? I have noticed a lot of complaints in regards to BF inputs. Perticularly people who "slide" and not take the time to slow down and "tap" each button.
I actually havent had a problem with bf inputs.

Just get the Titan One...it allows you to use any controller you want on any console! I have a PS 3 controller running on my xbox one and it works perfectly!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You need to turn easy shortcuts off. With easy shortcuts on, the diagonl input df 1 is equal to inputing d, df,f 1. It can really mess you then if you have an accidental diagonal in you inputs. If you turn it off though you lose 1+2 equals interactable.
Holy shit, why those are even tied to the same option lol.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
They have a tournament version as well. Anyways the Piano method still works in Mortal Kombat X. It allows you to perform inputs very easily when in a middle of a combo.
The tournament version is also banned. As a D'Vorah player, pianoing inputs is a requirement in order to perform bug dash cancels.