What's new

Are we going to have 2 notations for Injustice?

I was thinking, curious, when Injustce: Gods Among Us releases, how do contributors and the community plan to annotate their guides, combos, etc so everything is coherent and organized.

Is the plan to make a universal system that caters to MK and the rest of the FG community.

Are we still going to use the Tekken style numerical, 1,2,3,4 system for the face buttons?

If so, are we going to label the joystick motions based of the numerical system such as "236" or the "QCF" etc system?

I am assuming there's going to be 2 styles to notate BnBs and such, one for traditional and one for MK players.

Im going to use SF style with IGAU. MK is HP, LP, HK, LK, BLK & RN. lol fuck new school.
Haha yeah, I think this topic should be discussed, because it'll be more organized when guides and "BnBs" start releasing. Of course people say "It's not so complicated", reality of it, it is, lots of people don't understand either or, I had to learn some systems when I went to other FG forums.

Hopefully we can decide on something prior to April 16.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I think a few weeks in to the games life, 99% of the community will agree the 'best' input method, which the notation will then be built around.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If it works my Deathstroke and Cyborg guides are going to use the 123 annotations when the game comes out.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I don't think we need to wait for the game to release, we already know the controls.
Yes but we don't know the benefits of each method until we start to play it. There may be glaringly obvious benefits to one system over another. It may be that control methods become character specific eventually too.

I'm going with what we use here for MK as it's the only style I know.

B12 special B121 etc

Fuck the rest.
That's good, because you're versed for MK, my goal is to make it accessible to anyone coming in to the Injustice: Gods Among Us community. If everyone is not on the same page, this shit will be a mess, quote me on it.

Yes but we don't know the benefits of each method until we start to play it. There may be glaringly obvious benefits to one system over another. It may be that control methods become character specific eventually too.
I don't follow please elaborate.

The only benefit as of now is that you can do motions that require certain inputs from crouch position, that's the only benefit. Everything else is the same regarding directional inputs, depending on your preference.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I only played SCV for one day and hopped on 8wayrun to look some stuff up. Learned their notations in just about an hour on the forum (and they've got a pretty complicated notation system).

Whatever we end up going with it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to get used to.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Numerical annotations aren't difficult to comprehend or translate.
in your opinion.

I suppose one could try and study & learn them, but why? The game is providing that info, why shouldn't the person making guides?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Well, the buttons are Light/Medium/Heavy/Special, so LMHS makes sense.

Though I'm personally a fan of numerical annotations.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Most people are familiar with the number notation and it's easy to understand. The problem is it's based on having a default button layout, which I'm sure not everyone will use the same button layout like in MK. It may have to be just LP, MP, HP (light punch, medium punch, heavy punch) to avoid all confusion.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
in your opinion.

I suppose one could try and study & learn them, but why? The game is providing that info, why shouldn't the person making guides?
if the game is providing that info, then there's a universal annotation that most people using guides are going to follow(most likely) ergo no problem

or am i misreading? either way, LMHS seems legit actually

Tim Static

Adminerator
Most people are familiar with the number notation and it's easy to understand. The problem is it's based on having a default button layout, which I'm sure not everyone will use the same button layout like in MK. It may have to be just LP, MP, HP (light punch, medium punch, heavy punch) to avoid all confusion.
exactly, which is hella better than numbers imo

Numerical annotations aren't difficult to comprehend or translate.
Do you understand this --

CR.:lk:, CR.:lk:, CR.:lk:, CR.:lk:, ST.:lk
1x: 5AA, 5C, 236C, 236CD, 214214C/D
d::l:, :d::m:, :d::h:, :qcf::l:, dash, :df::h:, :d::m:, :h: (both hits), :qcf::m:, :h: teleport, late j.:h:, :d::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, land, :df::h:

These are 3 different annotations from 3 different FGs, most are universal, but different.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

4B> 2AB> B Coup> 2A> 4B> 5C 15 Hits> 6B> 2B> 2D> 6B> 2B> C Bufula> 4B> 2AB> B Coup>
d::l:, :d::m:, :d::h:, :qcf::l:, dash, :df::h:, :d::m:, :h: (both hits), :qcf::m:, :h: teleport, late j.:h:, :d::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, land, :df::h:

I was referring to our standard 1234 system though, it's easy to understand.

I was referring to our standard 1234 system though, it's easy to understand.
For you, the ones I listed are "easy" to understand as well.

That's why I am trying to figure out what the community is planning on implementing.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

1x: 5AA, 5C, 236C, 236CD, 214214C/D

These are 3 different annotations from 3 different FGs, most are universal, but different.
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.