What's new

Are Nrs Games The Scrubbiest Games (easiest to learn) in the Fgc?

Are Nrs games the srubbiest (easiest to learn) in the fgc?

• Yes

Votes: 64 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 133 67.5%

• Total voters

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Project M was going to be the savior of Melee, but Nintendo fucked all of that up by being Nintendo, and the community itself pretends that it was their idea to drop Project M instead of fighting back or finding loopholes.

Smash 4 is a steaming pile of shit and I cannot believe that people pretend to play it competitively. It's like all the rejects and guys who couldn't win in Melee moved over to it, and they all think they are good now, but really it's just because not a single player worth a damn plays Smash 4.
Just hopping in here to say holy shit, I agree. Having played since Smash N64, Smash 4 is an unbelievably boring, embarrassing Smash effort. It puts you to sleep to play, and puts you in a coma to watch.

Project M is spectacular. Aside from the N64 version, it's the only one I play anymore. The game just keeps getting better and better... it's honestly the best Smash game ever made, only Nintendo didn't make it. My friends and I get together and play it every few weeks, and god damn, it's amazing. It's literally what Melee could be, if Melee was ever fixed. It's probably the biggest mistake that the Smash community ever made not to fight to embrace Project M.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like this game, that's why I play it.

Incidentally, I could give two shits less what a group of nerds think of my equally nerdy hobby. If the greater FGC doesn't think NRS games are good, whatever. It hasn't stopped me from playing.

Honestly, it says more about them that they would take time out to trash my game if I've never said anything bad about theirs.

It doesn't matter what EVO tells you to play. It doesn't matter what the FGC tells you is good. Play what you enjoy and fuck everybody that would try to tear down something you like to make themselves feel better.

I don't know what's worse

Slips continuing to miss Shazzy's point

People thinking MKX has no depth

Gav existing in general

That Smash 4 post
Having less depth than SF doesn't mean MK has no depth. It just has less because the system mechanics are simpler. Cross ups don't exist in MK, specials only have 2 types because of the button layout, and by design the basic mechanics are easier and more consistent(compare the character specific combos of any MK character to the SF ones).

I've seen people on tym complain about things that people just roll with in SF. "My basic bnb doesn't work on Cassie! Nrs fix bug!" Compare that to SF where you have to have different combos ready for different characters that vary depending on wether the opponent is crouching, standing, counter hit, crumpled, or in the corner.you honestly can have characters that have maybe one universal combo which isn't even close to optimal, Hell I know people who have outrageous combos that only work in situations that you might see in one out of a thousand rounds. Not to mention the fact that your setups change depending on the characters(some characters just wake up on different frames for no reason).

This doesn't make MK a worse game, it just makes it simpler(insert streamlined if you think simple is an insult for some reason). Honestly sometimes this shit just pisses me off in SF but you can't argue that it's a more complex game. For better or worse.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Want complex? Look at the character, specific, stance specific, position specific, opening specific, spacing specific, fuxming position of the stars specific shit the Gen community has come up with for that character. Jesus h Christ.

Also, Gav, I assume your making another post where you post your silly beliefs instead of.understanding what your talking about..

Dive kicks in SF are a science unto themselves and require a world of silliness to.utilize at a high level. Sure vs a newb, they are free absurd pressure, but that's no different than the numerous ways to pressure a.newb in MK that seem.absurd until you understand what's going on and how its countered.

You realize that if you DK in SF and the opponent shifts a single digit number of pixels in either direction you are potentially fucked?

Yes, yes, I know. You have played SF and been super good for 36 years and in fact you dive kick IRL and are a nth degree Shaolin DK master who also trains DK masters in 9/countries.and your extensive DK experience has led you to.your claims, etc.

But, honestly, you're either full of shit or the absolute most expert troll I have come across. I STILL can't decide after all.this time.

Skellington

Banned
I don't know what's worse

Slips continuing to miss Shazzy's point

People thinking MKX has no depth

Gav existing in general

That Smash 4 post
Hands down it is Slips missing Shazzy's points. It's borderline embarrassing that Shaz has to spell everything out for Slips. The comprehension struggle is real

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
And here we have somebody who has no idea what they're talking about, ladies and gentlemen!

Majors for MKX (Which still frequently pull hundreds of entrants due to frequent 10k pot bonuses) very often gross just as much or more than marvel. Marvel only gets insane numbers at EVO, as it's pretty much an EVO game.

ESL in NA had 250 entrants two weeks ago and 350 last week for online tournaments alone. Numbers are consistent and in some ways on the rise as the weeks go by because of the amount of support this game is receiving at a high level.

Don't you even dare to try and make out like the NRS has an overly toxic community when other games have much bigger issues with toxic/nasty people. And no, I'm not deflecting anything. It's pretty obvious that we don't have players getting arrested for getting into fights at shows or having twitter beefs that encourage bullying and all kinds of other nonsense. Marvel has probably the worst online representation I have ever seen.

Slips clearly isn't saying that NRS games are fine, he's trying to explain to you that NRS games aren't broken beyond belief as someone with many years of experience with many games. He's trying to say that every Fighting Game out there has broken stuff that will put players off the game and that MKX is no exception.

SF4 - The year of the vortex and unblockables see players "coming out of the woodwork" and beating world class players with unblockables. Doesn't really happen anymore since Ultra removed most of them.

Marvel - Get touched once and lose all of your life in a guaranteed combo. Then roll the dice at a six way safe mixup and hope you guess right, because if you don't you die again. Also, Zero loops.

KI - EVO 2013 was literally won with 80% unbreakable Sadira loops.

The list goes on and on.

You seem like just another guy that doesn't really play MKX and has come onto this topic just to do your best to slam the game for reasons you don't understand and try and dispute with players that have been playing these games for years.

You can be as smug as you like, but you no way near know as much as you think you do about NRS titles.

"I'm not deflecting", previous sentence points fingers at other communites (can be described as "diverting" as well). Okay. Then a couple more sentences, until again you go on about other games once again ("averting", you could say) turning up the force field to 11, then wraps it up with character assasination. Anyway, check this out:

http://imgur.com/tAo9WOd

Huh. So you are wrong. Go ahead and ignore the this post too, like the last time I shut you down. But at least you got some likes. If I seem smug it's because I know I'm right, and the dictionary kind of agrees with me there too. Deflecting or "sidetracking" the attention from nrs games over and over won't help anything, but keep trying you guys!

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I would play KI if I didn't have to buy another console for it. I think exclusivity really hurts it in a way that I don't imagine it potentially hurting sf5, given the lack of precedent it has in the fgc
Want complex? Look at the character, specific, stance specific, position specific, opening specific, spacing specific, fuxming position of the stars specific shit the Gen community has come up with for that character. Jesus h Christ.

Also, Gav, I assume your making another post where you post your silly beliefs instead of.understanding what your talking about..

Dive kicks in SF are a science unto themselves and require a world of silliness to.utilize at a high level. Sure vs a newb, they are free absurd pressure, but that's no different than the numerous ways to pressure a.newb in MK that seem.absurd until you understand what's going on and how its countered.

You realize that if you DK in SF and the opponent shifts a single digit number of pixels in either direction you are potentially fucked?

Yes, yes, I know. You have played SF and been super good for 36 years and in fact you dive kick IRL and are a nth degree Shaolin DK master who also trains DK masters in 9/countries.and your extensive DK experience has led you to.your claims, etc.

But, honestly, you're either full of shit or the absolute most expert troll I have come across. I STILL can't decide after all.this time.
lol maybe i should unhide gav. I almost miss his know it all gif filled brand of absurdness

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yeah at least the sf dive kicks can cross up or have multiple angles and require pinpoint spacing to make them safe. I mean are you saying MK doesn't have divekicks? Besides it's an objective fact that SF has more mechanics and more complicated versions of the shared game mechanics. That's not opinion it's a fact.
I'm just having a little fun.

Players tend to over-emphasize their fan-worship of SF. SF2 and 3 was deep; SF4, was ... well, mehhh....

GAV

"I'm not deflecting", previous sentence points fingers at other communites (can be described as "diverting" as well). Okay. Then a couple more sentences, until again you go on about other games once again ("averting", you could say) turning up the force field to 11, then wraps it up with character assasination. Anyway, check this out:

Huh. So you are wrong. Go ahead and ignore the this post too, like the last time I shut you down. But at least you got some likes. If I seem smug it's because I know I'm right, and the dictionary kind of agrees with me there too. Deflecting or "sidetracking" the attention from nrs games over and over won't help anything, but keep trying you guys!
Ignorance truly is bliss.

That definition isn't news to anyone and it has nothing to do with the base argument.

GAV

I am also Divekick champion of the universe and I know because I have played almost like 100 people.

GAV

I would play KI if I didn't have to buy another console for it. I think exclusivity really hurts it in a way that I don't imagine it potentially hurting sf5, given the lack of preced

lol maybe i should unhide gav. I almost miss his know it all gif filled brand of absurdness
KI is a lot of fun, but its not worth buying an X1 for it alone.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I think one other thing that is probably underrated in this argument is how much Mortal Kombat resembles a 3D fighter such as Tekken. In fact, if it weren't on a 2D plane, there would be very little separating it; the way the frame data is and how the game is usually turn based is very much reminiscent of a 3D fighter and not Street Fighter. You can see this when players like Coach Steve and Mani (Who claim there is no defense) sit their like bumps on a log trying to just block everything. In 3D games, the defense is very active, which usually consists of moving out of the way with 3D movement like sidestepping, jabbing and thus low profiling high attacks, or using a move that will crush the opponents follow-up (MK uses armor instead of a crush system, it seems). I think that is a big reason why the general populace can't get a feel for MK, since it's such an odd mishmash of the two. I find this more of a strength than a weakness, but to each his own.
My claim is not that there is no defense in the game. My claim is that good defense is rewarded with little profit most of the time. And it's hard to compare this to a 3D game because if the game had more movement options such as sidestepping and such things like that, then it would add another layer to the defensive side of things. In this game it's difficult to take your turn most of the time even when you're opponent is negative because of armored launchers that do big damage. You never know if they're willing to take the risk or not because there is a huge reward for it if it hits. It creates a lot of hesitation and since there's that slight hesitation, you're brought back to a neutral point where you can just start your offense again. I have very few gripes about the game. But nonetheless I enjoy playing so it is what it is really.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Convincing yourself you're "shutting me down" just because you're the only one that thinks you're not talking a mountain of bollucks and are clearly salty i got some TYM likes on my post.

If I knew you were this petty I wouldn't even have bothered replying to you.

gg ez

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This thread is yet another amazing example of TYM.Good read. Got some marketing lessons (thanks it's my major, @HomeLee1121 want to start a study group?) Some arguments that of course have missed points. Or things taken out of context. I think the OP of the thread went missing. What could've been a cool enlightening conversation got turned into a FGC dick measuring contest that's going to go around in circles. I don't think any progress in anything was made since page 10

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Convincing yourself you're "shutting me down" just because you're the only one that thinks you're not talking a mountain of bollucks and are clearly salty i got some TYM likes on my post.

If I knew you were this petty I wouldn't even have bothered replying to you.

gg ez
How many times have you referred to someone or a group with differing opinions about nrs games than you , have you implied that they're just "salty". I count every post of yours in this thread.

"Nobody agrees with you, so basically you're wrong" is how I took that first paragraph too. There are a couple people that agree with me actually, but I don't care because it doesn't make any of my posts more or less valid. You're getting likes which I'm sure you feel that validates you based on that comment. Unless each "like" is sarcastic or something, those same people who support your post apparently don't know what "deflect" means.

But it's more likely I'm just arguing an unpopular opinion on TYM where the echo chambers are so huge you'll prob get double likes then last time for that post.

This thread is yet another amazing example of TYM.Good read. Got some marketing lessons (thanks it's my major, @HomeLee1121 want to start a study group?) Some arguments that of course have missed points. Or things taken out of context. I think the OP of the thread went missing. What could've been a cool enlightening conversation got turned into a FGC dick measuring contest that's going to go around in circles. I don't think any progress in anything was made since page 10
I'm like IT business I just took a bunch of core business classes cuz my school required it lol

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
How many times have you referred to someone or a group with differing opinions about nrs games than you , have you implied that they're just "salty". I count every post of yours in this thread.

"Nobody agrees with you, so basically you're wrong" is how I took that first paragraph too. There are a couple people that agree with me actually, but I don't care because it doesn't make any of my posts more or less valid. You're getting likes which I'm sure you feel that validates you based on that comment. Unless each "like" is sarcastic or something, those same people who support your post apparently don't know what "deflect" means.

But it's more likely I'm just arguing an unpopular opinion on TYM where the echo chambers are so huge you'll prob get double likes then last time for that post.
you can argue about your opinions as much as you want.

but numbers are numbers