What's new

Are Nrs Games The Scrubbiest Games (easiest to learn) in the Fgc?

Are Nrs games the srubbiest (easiest to learn) in the fgc?

• Yes

Votes: 64 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 133 67.5%

• Total voters

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm like IT business I just took a bunch of core business classes cuz my school required it lol
Oh. More of a joke request really. Do you mean like business networking and infrastructure type stuff? I think MIS is the usual term for that.

Just realized I never stated my ever so loved opinion this thread. NRS seems to make games that please the casual. Big damage, easy and effective offense, and what seems to be a great fear of making good defensive styles. Unless it's a dumb full screen projectile game. I definitely think NRS games are the easiest to learn. I find most of the characters and MUs to have pretty simple tools and game-plans and I can play without worrying about as much intricacies. Some of it isn't bad. Some of it definitely needs to go. MKx seems to be the easiest, out of all NRS games, in terms of what's needed to know to be competent.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
How many times have you referred to someone or a group with differing opinions about nrs games than you , have you implied that they're just "salty". I count every post of yours in this thread.

"Nobody agrees with you, so basically you're wrong" is how I took that first paragraph too. There are a couple people that agree with me actually, but I don't care because it doesn't make any of my posts more or less valid. You're getting likes which I'm sure you feel that validates you based on that comment. Unless each "like" is sarcastic or something, those same people who support your post apparently don't know what "deflect" means.

But it's more likely I'm just arguing an unpopular opinion on TYM where the echo chambers are so huge you'll prob get double likes then last time for that post.
You're literally disagreeing with everything everyone is saying to you.

You are beyond help.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Damn Shaz is spitting fire in this thread
I think Shyyzmm and I are arguing two different points. He's arguing that NRS games are easier to play at face-value; easier commands, special moves with obvious uses, and easy to understand combo system. Which I can see his point and I'll concede to that.

My argument is until you understand the meta, which in my opinion is the hardest part to learn in any game, it doesn't matter how easy or scrubby the moves or combos are. But I guess that's a different topic.

At least I hope that's what I hope is going on. Maybe I'm getting senile in my old age.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I think Shyyzmm and I are arguing two different points. He's arguing that NRS games are easier to play at face-value; easier commands, special moves with obvious uses, and easy to understand combo system. Which I can see his point and I'll concede to that.

My argument is until you understand the meta, which in my opinion is the hardest part to learn in any game, it doesn't matter how easy or scrubby the moves or combos are. But I guess that's a different topic.

At least I hope that's what I hope is going on. Maybe I'm getting senile in my old age.
I honestly have no clue of what you guys are arguing over, I've just gotta give him props for keeping up his side of the argument against pretty much everyone for so long

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Smash 4 is a steaming pile of shit and I cannot believe that people pretend to play it competitively. It's like all the rejects and guys who couldn't win in Melee moved over to it, and they all think they are good now, but really it's just because not a single player worth a damn plays Smash 4.
no no no no no nope

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I don't know why anyone is even acknowledging Shazzy's existence. He's just some jank-ass Cassie main who can't even body us Montana Boyz and diverts his salt into rage posts with subtle straw-manning

He also blows up my snapchat like some desperate hoe

#BanShazzy

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Damn does anyone read though 285 posts of this horse shit?

True answer is: who gives a fuck. Play what you enjoy and have fun. NRS pot bonuses are real tho

Honestly i think the easier execution is the best part about nrs games. The ridiculoius execution required in many capcom fighters is why i never got super into them. I dont have the time to spend months learning how to combo with one character nor do i think it should be such a large basis of the game. Combos should require some amount of difficulty, especially higher damage ones, but the difficult of say, FADC combos in street fighter is pretty high even for someone like me who plays fighting games on the regular. Like i said i dont have the time to figure it out. Id rather play a game where i can focus more on tactics than combo execution. Not that there arent easy combos in street fighter, but at high level the very difficult combos become necessary. Without that, the game is accessable to a larger amount of people which i think is a good thing.

I dont consider games with easier execution "scrubby" if you think that its fine, stick to street fighter, but even SF5 looks like the execution has gotten easier from 4.....which is a welcome idea to me.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
The world would be a better place if everyone just played melee
20XX: In world were all tech has been perfected, everyone plays Fox & winning a match is only dictated by who gets first player port...
I had friend (who happens to play Melee & Project M) tell me : "lol keep playing you Fisher Price fighting game"

I ain't been right since...

I had friend (who happens to play Melee & Project M) tell me : "lol keep playing you Fisher Price fighting game"

I ain't been right since...
Lol. Melee is the real deal. I hear the phrase "i have NEVER seen that before!" during commentary in melee matches all the time and the game is like 16 years old. That really gives you an idea just how creative you can be and how deep the game really is.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
But is Forza Motorsport the scrubbiest racing simulator? That's the true question here.

But to answer the question. "Scrubby is relative". MK Has the advantage of abusive strings, dial up strings that don't require much timing to practice, and specials being able to be input ahead of time/animation allowing combos to be executed much easier.

Street Fighter stems from knowing your ranges, taking only what's there, and not over extending yourself. Things found in most fighting games but bumped up to an extreme here. In SF you're not going to always be able to bully someone on block do 38% leave them standing, into a 50/50 vortex that loops into itself, and you're +4 or more.

In my opinion it's so much easier to play defense in SF than it is in MKX. However it's much easier to go on the offense in MKX than it is in Street Fighter. AnD it's impossible to play good defense in Marvel. You better pray.

Which makes things cumbersome to say whether one is easier than the other. After all casuals genuinely like to button mash, throw out random armored moves and EX attacks, random supers, and random unsafe things. SF & Marvel allow you to punish this stuff much easier, more reliably, more consistantly, and with less risk than Mortal Kombat.

After all Master of Souls Ermac or Hunter Predator are easy examples of this. And since anti airs aren't consistent that proves the other point. So obviously the button masher and crazed casual will rack up more wins especially online, in MK than SF as it stands now.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Execution =/= fighting game skill

Execution is like saying only the ones who can smash through a wall can get to eat. Others who use their brain to get arround the wall do not.

Fgs are about reads, learning your opponent, adapting to the situation, spacing + space control, footsies. Like, using your brain.
That is skill.

If in rising thunder you get beat by a guy who dps your jumpins every time, it is you who is useless at the game, not the game because it allows instant reaction anti airs.

If a casual beats you because he can do moves easy, it is you who sucks at the game, not the game itself.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The combos for NRS games are not that difficult compared to some games. The one thing I may call "scrubby" in MKX is the 50/50's and how they work. You shouldn't be able to make a 50/50 safe that leads into another 50/50. I also believe they are too quick. SFV for example, has fast lows and slow overheads that you can react to if you are familiar with the characters animation and the overheads are punishable. I feel like that's how it should work for every fighting game.

With all that said, I understand MKX has footsies, counter pokes, and etc. that makes the game deeper than just "guess bitch." I'm just not big on it.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
NRS games are GOD LIKE, they are approachable but hard to master, fun gameplay and characters, visually beautiful yet brutal, and an insane attention to detail.

Wigy

There it is...
the execution is definitely easier but i feel the real skillful part of the game is reads and reactions where mk is the same as other franchises.

Bawlah

Noob
Easy execution is a good thing(especially for beginners)! Its one reason why I prefer MK to SF! (by your logic, does that make me some kind of fighting game noob?). cuz there's easy execution doesn't mean there's no tech, mechanics, tactics, etc! It is still very competitive and that's a good thing for a fighting game!

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
The Last 3 NRS games sold over a million copies. Does that count for anything these days??? Capcom is actually following NRS footsteps of making a fighting game easier for the casual fans.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Easy execution does not a scrubby game make. Execution barriers do nothing but make it harder for casuals or new players to get in to the game. They are fighting system first, just to be able to have access to their characters best stuff(thinking Rufus here) then are able to try to get ok at the game, THEN learning to fight people. That's dumb. I'm not arguing that MKX doesn't make you fight the systems a little bit, but the lack of an execution barrier does not equate to a scrubby game.