What's new

Match-up Discussion Aquaman Matchup Discussion

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Hate to say it, but that's where it was leaning towards. Same issue people are having with Doomsday because of how "OP' he is. Supernova, Shoulder charge. Those with his pressure game and people are already wanting this character to be nerfed. Sad to say he is fine the way he is. Supernova can be punished! Even on MB! Depending on the character that can do it and frankly Black Adam can easily punish it with one simple Lighting Cage, or MB it. If timing and reaction is on point with the player. To where after that's executed can lead to damaging combos (only on MB). So my suggestion to you is try another character besides the one you were using and see where it leads you. Hopefully you'll have better luck and get by the frustration.
Who said anything about Doomsday? Why did you just make an entire post about Doomsday like someone here is complaining about it? I NEVER said ANYTHING had to be nerfed, I'm well aware there are ways around these things and I was asking for advice, which I got and haven't really found a solid solution yet. I've gotten some great advice, but you continually trolling this thread and derailing the discussion certainly isn't going to be the thing that makes me want to continue playing this game. PLEASE kindly DON'T respond to this thready anymore unless it's ON TOPIC.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
That's actually true. Aquaman still gets 50/50 after blocking a dive kick regardless, though. If you backdash after dive kick he can punish with d,b+medium for full combo. Once you start respecting that, he can pressure you with b+light after every dive kick or just launch you if you try to move (bar backdash) with d+light~trident scoop. This is a match Black Adam does not win by spamming boot stomp. It's better if he stays away and zones Aquaman while using boot stomp sparingly.

Sent from my mobile
This is something I haven't tried yet, thank you REO i'll start attempting this and mixing in B3 MB.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
These 2 sentences could not be more wrong.

It's difficult, but you can improve as a player and understand the game through online, many people in this community have done so. Online may not be ideal but let's not shit on it.
Not shitting on it at all. Like I said it's definitely better then MK9, but we all know if you do offline sessions lot like me for example and compare to how online is. Your reaction and inputs are going to be much different and timing is going to feel off. Seen that happen many times with players that I've had online sessions with and had that person come over to our offline sessions. The character was godlike online, but when it came to playing offline it was a totally different story. Just don't need to see repeats from people like that. Granted it sucks when you don't have a scene around you, can't travel to other scenes that may be two to three hours away, or just too busy in life general.

Why I'm telling him to not be solely heavy on online matches to better as a player as I stated above, but to know your MU's and get better with them. That way if you ever decide to come to a tournament and have a clear understanding. You'll be better off, but may not place high cause of solely relying on online. Been through it and have gone to do offline sessions whenever I have free time available to go to one.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's actually true. Aquaman still gets 50/50 after blocking a dive kick regardless, though. If you backdash after dive kick he can punish with d,b+medium for full combo. Once you start respecting that, he can pressure you with b+light after every dive kick or just launch you if you try to move (bar backdash) with d+light~trident scoop. This is a match Black Adam does not win by spamming boot stomp. It's better if he stays away and zones Aquaman while using boot stomp sparingly.

Sent from my mobile
I'm in practice mode right now doing instant divekicks at 3/4, aquaman cannot do a reversal ground trident or a D1 special to prevent Adam from jumping afterwards, he can do a B2 to hit Adam out of the sky.

Agreed on the first point about the 50/50, it's still a huge risk for aquaman to do a ground trident because of Adam's punishes though.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Who said anything about Doomsday? Why did you just make an entire post about Doomsday like someone here is complaining about it? I NEVER said ANYTHING had to be nerfed, I'm well aware there are ways around these things and I was asking for advice, which I got and haven't really found a solid solution yet. I've gotten some great advice, but you continually trolling this thread and derailing the discussion certainly isn't going to be the thing that makes me want to continue playing this game. PLEASE kindly DON'T respond to this thready anymore unless it's ON TOPIC.
Was giving you an example, sir. I was comparing the situation you where having with me and my situation I had with Doomsday. You don't need to blow up on people's faces like that. Exactly my point here. Just get upset way too easy. Take a freaking chill pill and actually listen for once what people are trying to get by you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Not shitting on it at all. Like I said it's definitely better then MK9, but we all know if you do offline sessions lot like me for example and compare to how online is. Your reaction and inputs are going to be much different and timing is going to feel off. Seen that happen many times with players that I've had online sessions with and had that person come over to our offline sessions. The character was godlike online, but when it came to playing offline it was a totally different story. Just don't need to see repeats from people like that. Granted it sucks when you don't have a scene around you, can't travel to other scenes that may be two to three hours away, or just too busy in life general.

Why I'm telling him to not be solely heavy on online matches to better as a player as I stated above, but to know your MU's and get better with them. That way if you ever decide to come to a tournament and have a clear understanding. You'll be better off, but may not place high cause of solely relying on online. Been through it and have gone to do offline sessions whenever I have free time available to go to one.
The instances you mentioned is just the player not knowing the game, rest is just offline timing, not game related at all.

I used to be an online warrior until almost a year ago, when I first started doing offline sessions I was already at a high lvl in MK9 and could compete with the best players of my scene but not beat them often.

Once you have a good grasp on the mechanics of fighting games and the one you're currently playing you can lvl up on your own even through online, it will be SLOW, but it will happen. I've seen it on TYM and I've done it too.

It helps if someone shows you the ropes and most of the ideology behind fighting games and FG characteristics, @useforglue used to train me the first year of the game and that's how I understood how it works.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Was giving you an example, sir. I was comparing the situation you where having with me and my situation I had with Doomsday. You don't need to blow up on people's faces like that. Exactly my point here. Just get upset way too easy. Take a freaking chill pill and actually listen for once what people are trying to get by you.
What about my post was "blowing up"? It's very apparent that you're here entirely to troll because you're trying to take every opportunity to make it seem like I'm crying or exploding or whatever. I never cried nerf, I never said a thing about "boosting my ego" and I certainly didn't blow up. Your post added nothing to the thread, I stated that in a very reasonable manner and didn't use any aggressive language or accusations. If you consider that "blowing up" I think you need to take the "chill pill"

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
If this is what you were "trying" to tell me why couldn't you have just said that instead of:

Nothing has to be touched on BA's dive kick, but for people like you to react on it and say it needs to be nerfed for whatever reason. It doesn't.
Can't blame me, or anyone in here for the matter you got salty just because of one lousy online match? Take the beating and move on. Learn from your mistakes and make it your strength. Raging each time you can't seem to get around something simple is not going to make it any better.
Hate to say it, but that's where it was leaning towards. Same issue people are having with Doomsday because of how "OP' he is. Supernova, Shoulder charge. Those with his pressure game and people are already wanting this character to be nerfed. Sad to say he is fine the way he is.
You're really stuck on this fact that I seem to be asking for a nerf, when at NO POINT has the discussion gone that direction.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
The instances you mentioned is just the player not knowing the game, rest is just offline timing, not game related at all.

I used to be an online warrior until almost a year ago, when I first started doing offline sessions I was already at a high lvl in MK9 and could compete with the best players of my scene but not beat them often.

Once you have a good grasp on the mechanics of fighting games and the one you're currently playing you can lvl up on your own even through online, it will be SLOW, but it will happen. I've seen it on TYM and I've done it too.

It helps if someone shows you the ropes and most of the ideology behind fighting games and FG characteristics, @useforglue used to train me the first year of the game and that's how I understood how it works.
Exactly. Not gonna argue with you on that.

Same here. Cause I never knew about this community at all until sometime right after MK9 made it's release and was solely heavy on online play. During that time I made high ranking on the leader boards when I actually took the time to understand how Scorpion played. At that time, I met Blackula at one of the tournaments we had down at a place I used to live. Now I actually live with him for about a year now and do casuals with him and have our sessions we do Friday at our place. Anyways.

That's the point. You have to understand the mechanics of a fighting game before you can even jump on every single character to learn which one is going to be right for you. Does take time. Hell I'm still learning Black Adam just like everyone else is learning their character since the game has only been out for two weeks now.

The only person I took into consideration to help me in my fighting game experiences is my best friend that lives only an hour, or so away from me. We would always do casuals against each other for the hell of it. But to get better that wasn't always the case. You had to go against other players to understand where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Again, if there's people in your area that are willing to commit to the game and start a scene for it.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
If this is what you were "trying" to tell me why couldn't you have just said that instead of:

You're really stuck on this fact that I seem to be asking for a nerf, when at NO POINT has the discussion gone that direction.
Then ask me this. Have you found a way around his dive kick that everyone keeps telling you to do? Did you take an opportunity to go into training mode, with Aqua-man and find a way around it? Cause the senseless argument between us isn't gonna continue. Just so you know. I'm only passing my good sense of judgement and if you don't like the way I'm expressing it to you. Then I can't help you there. Just how I am with people in your situation.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Then ask me this. Have you found a way around his dive kick that everyone keeps telling you to do? Did you take an opportunity to go into training mode, with Aqua-man and find a way around it? Cause the senseless argument between us isn't gonna continue. Just so you know. I'm only passing my good sense of judgement and if you don't like the way I'm expressing it to you. Then I can't help you there. Just how I am with people in your situation.
It hasn't even been an argument, it's been you making bad points and accusing me of things I didn't do. Please don't continue it and just leave the thread alone

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I hope this isn't the case, his dive kick isn't an issue at all offline, and online it's only as much of an issue as anything else
It's not an issue. Certain characters cant punish it easily, but god damnit there's other options like, dont give him a fucking chance to do it. He's not a character you battle full screen.

I'm a little pissy they are going to nerf it.

LaR

Noob
You can punish the divekick by doing a neutral j1 or j2 not sure how consistent this is though as I haven’t tested it in a real match yet.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
You can punish the divekick by doing a neutral j1 or j2 not sure how consistent this is though as I haven’t tested it in a real match yet.
This has been covered and A) isn't consistent and B) BA's J1 is faster than Aquaman's, so if he jumps and doesn't divekick he beats you. It's something, but not full proof

I don't even care lol. Heck if I designed Black Adam I definitely would've made it at least -15 on block OR leave it around -6/-10 but reduce the pushback.

Nerfing it isn't going to change anything and won't make Black Adam bad all of a sudden. He never needed safe dive kicks to get in on people. The nerf will just make BA less braindead and will help some characters better deal with him.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
It hasn't even been an argument, it's been you making bad points and accusing me of things I didn't do. Please don't continue it and just leave the thread alone
Well apparently you haven't answered me so that tells me you didn't bother. Plus you're being ignorant on your end of accusing me for making bad points when all I'm saying. Offline, or online. His dive kick is punishable. Especially in Aqua-man's case. You had it easy over me.

regulas

Your Emporer
I'm curious as to what Aquaman has to deal with Hawkgirl?

As a HG player I have found that once I get airborne Aquaman seems to be super limited as to what he can actually do?

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Well apparently you haven't answered me so that tells me you didn't bother. Plus you're being ignorant on your end of accusing me for making bad points when all I'm saying. Offline, or online. His dive kick is punishable. Especially in Aqua-man's case. You had it easy over me.
Lol continue responding after you said you wouldn't, please :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Every air normal in the game can beat divekick for full combo or at least trade with it. Just saiyan...
Ive been trying to time b2 and b3 to beat it when he jumps at a certain range due to the awesome range on both of those normals...mb or not they dont have a hurt box near max range when well spaced

(Just a theory but I'll find out on Thursday for sure) @smargasm

^
^this, jump backwards is what kills me
Just starting reading this thread so sorry if some else already said something like this but if BA jumps back even after you block his divekick at the lowest point a foward j2 will catch him in air every time bc of its great hitbox and i found a really solid combo off a j2 air to air

Foward j2 foward j2 22 db2 MB 22 db1 f2 1+3 for 44%

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Yeah, so he doesn't dive kick while you're charging B3, you dash forward/backward out of B3, he uses lightning, you lose the trade. Great plan

OR

He sees you charging the B3, uses close dive kick to land safely far away from you and has far more options than you at that point
Yeah.. make thread asking for advice, then be a total dickhead when people are trying to help you. I get your frustrated, but with that attitude I sure as hell don't want to help your ass

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Yeah.. make thread asking for advice, then be a total dickhead when people are trying to help you. I get your frustrated, but with that attitude I sure as hell don't want to help your ass
Yeah, I was being a dickhead at that point, which I apologized for and explained. I'll admit I was in the wrong there, but read past that if you're going to attack me.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
air to airing dive kicks on reaction... datt theoryfighting.
Im guessing this is directed at my post? I already stated that its not on reaction to a divekick but a jump from adam. Please read my post and explanation before you just make generalizations. Im trying to tell people that dive kick really isnt this OP tool everyone says it is. But as REO said its getting nerfed anyway so no one can cry about it anymore after that.