What's new

Any Guitarists on TYM?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have in terms of guitar:
1996 Fender Stratocaster MIM (pots and pick up replace with Lace sensor (Blue/Silver/Red))
2000 Gibson Les Paul standard (Honeburst with stock 490 neck 498 bridge pickup)
2010 Fender Jaguar Blacktop (all modded out with tom anderson pickups that can be split)
2007 Fender Aerodyne Telecaster ( stock p-90 neck pick up and a Dimarzio pre-b1 in the bridge)
197os plywood japanese electric HEIT deluxe guitar
2000 Fender DG16 acoustic
2001 Ovation Celebrity

Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 head played through a Marshall JCM 900 1960 Lead A cabinet
Fender Mustang 1 practice amp

Pedals: Too many to list.
...Man

I wish I had money lol

Error

DF2+R2
I have a Silvertone LB11 which is just a cheap Fender P bass knockoff that I bought as a starter bass. It actually plays really well for how much I paid for it ($150 including some accessories) and it's a good looking bass.

If I can get my hands on around $300 dollars after I've paid for my other expenses I plan on buying an Ibanez 5-6 strings, probably used.

Zoidberg747

I have an old Fender Stratocaster and an old Fender Precision Bass.

They both play pretty well, especially considering they were essentially free.

Bruke

Wut
Been playing for 6 or 7 years now, got an ESP LTD ex260 that I got a year after I started playing. Still know nothing about scales or theory but that hasn't stopped me from writing a couple of songs.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I play in mostly Drop Tuning (C, A#, A) cuz i mostly like playing the heavier genres i listen to im self taught, but i love every genre of music i honestly would like to learn some acoustic but im lazy and just havent had the urge to pick up a guitar in a long time now ;(

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I'm a drummer, but I dabble with guitar. I picked this one up not too long ago for 300 bucks. I looove this guitar, both in looks and play. I can do a good amount of Tool covers :D

And here's my drums/studio setup. You jelly?

Post more gear pics ppl!

Zoidberg747

I'm a drummer, but I dabble with guitar. I picked this one up not too long ago for 300 bucks. I looove this guitar, both in looks and play. I can do a good amount of Tool covers :D

And here's my drums/studio setup. You jelly?

Post more gear pics ppl!
Absolutely

Ive wanted to play drums since I was a little kid. Definitely starting to warmup to guitar though.

Edit:

My 1987 Fender Stratocaster next to my 1966 Fender Precision Bass. Both amazing instruments.

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
I learned this song (on bass) the last week of winter break. It's now my favorite song to play when I'm in standard tuning.

McNasty

Moist.
https://myspace.com/shesbeenmurdered/music/songs

Oh yes here is my "hardcore" band from back in the day. Lol the band only exists on myspace just to give you any idea of how far that went.

As for gear I still have an Edwards LP with EMGs, 85's in the bridge like it damn well should be and a Gibson SG special.

Playing on a stage that wasn't at a high school is still a highlight for me.

Zoidberg747

If you all had to pick 5 of the best guitarists of all time, who would they be?

IMO:
Jimi Hendrix
Paul Gilbert
Eric Clapton
Eddie Van Halen(My personal favorite)
Dimebag

Im probably going to get castrated for this list

Shameless thread bump #2