What's new

Any Guitarists on TYM?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Anyone mess with different styles? Ive been really interested in Flamenco lately and wondered if anyone else played some foreign obscure stuff.(Although it wouldnt be foreign if you live in Spain lol)

Zoidberg747

If you want to talk theory, I would love to. Theory is something I never even started to study. I just plug in and play. I feel that I could benefit greatly from a discussion on theory. I've been playing for 17 years and I'm not that good. :(
I know I already said it but I am down as well. I dont play guitar as much anymore but I still try to learn as much theory as possible, since it is fundamental to bass playing as well.

Error

DF2+R2
Anyone mess with different styles? Ive been really interested in Flamenco lately and wondered if anyone else played some foreign obscure stuff.(Although it wouldnt be foreign if you live in Spain lol)
Flamenco really annoys me because I always associate it with the lead guitars in Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy which annoy me haha. I am curious about jazz and fusion.

Zoidberg747

Flamenco really annoys me because I always associate it with the lead guitars in Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy which annoy me haha. I am curious about jazz and fusion.
Not familiar with either of those two. Maybe its just me but I love the sound especially on a bass(skip to 2:00):

Also if you are interested in jazz fusion I would check these guys out:

No you're right

Absolutely practice

I'd STRONGLY recommend every serious musician to read the book "outliers"

Not just musician, anyone who ever wanted to understand how to truly be "great" at something

Book is awesome

Am I remembering correct u are in medical school?
For those who don't have the time to read. The thesis for Outliers is: to be great at anything you need to put in 10000 hours of practice. You just saved yourself hours of reading to practice guitar! You're welcome.

I recently watched Joe Bonamassa live at the Vienna Opera House. It's a KILLER acoustic set. I recommend any guitarist to check it out. It'll make you want to pick up the guitar again.

Zoidberg747

Any other bassists out there? Ive been messing around with drop D and open C and liking it a lot. Always looking for new songs to jam or new techniques to try too.