What's new

Any Guitarists on TYM?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Error

DF2+R2
I've been slacking in bass lessons, I have two people that have offered, one who is in a death metal band/Berkeley grad. I just have no time

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I want a fretless so I can play some Human/ITP songs.

Its a fucking shame that Chuck died. The evolution of that band was insane throughout the years.

They weren't the most technical band compared to Cynic/Atheist but to me, their albums ran so smoothe and never had any filler.

The bass was always perfect on the albums too.

Man, I really miss Death. :-(

Error

DF2+R2
Its a fucking shame that Chuck died. The evolution of that band was insane throughout the years.

They weren't the most technical band compared to Cynic/Atheist but to me, their albums ran so smoothe and never had any filler.

The bass was always perfect on the albums too.

Man, I really miss Death. :-(
Yeah it definitely is. Death is one of those few legendary bands that truly deserves its status. Supposedly Chuck recorded his parts for a second Control Denied album, with wishes for it to be released, but his family has yet been able to complete the album.
Speaking of Atheist, their first bassist Roger Patterson died early in the band's career, and he was a monster of a player. He wrote the lines for Unquestionable Presence but died before he could record his parts.

Just watch his fingers go

Also, Kelly Shaefer's shorts

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
That's what I tell myself so I don't feel as bad about the state of my musical life. I have started playing daily ever since I stopped playing four years ago. I really want to get in the swing of things but I am looking for some upgrades.

@AK Pig Of The Hut
I've got a 20+ year old Chinese imported sorry-excuse-for-an-acoustic-guitar that I want to replace. (My four year old KH-202 is in somehow worse condition)
Any recommendations that won't break the bank?
The sound I'm getting from my current guitar is much too quiet and I know for a fact that my strings are partly responsible. The higher the gauge, the more sound it gives off right? I don't use picks so are there strings that would are specially made for finger picking? Any brands to stay away from?

I really want to replace this piece of shit so I can git gud.

I've been playing guitar since I was 13. I'm 28 now. I've been in a few bands over the years but my line of work hasn't let me tour much. I joined a zombie themed hobby band called Goddamn Zombie, formed by a guitarist from another band I was in. It was alot of fun. Here's a video from a show we did a few years ago in Brooklyn. We actually covered Death's Zombie Ritual at this show. Go to 8:00 and 15:20 for some tasty licks. I'm on the right with the purple Ibanez.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I've been playing guitar since I was 13. I'm 28 now. I've been in a few bands over the years but my line of work hasn't let me tour much. I joined a zombie themed hobby band called Goddamn Zombie, formed by a guitarist from another band I was in. It was alot of fun. Here's a video from a show we did a few years ago in Brooklyn. We actually covered Death's Zombie Ritual at this show. Go to 8:00 and 15:30 for some tasty licks. I'm on the right with the purple Ibanez.
Nice. Especially digging the lick at 15:30

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Ive been playing for ages Zoidberg. Id say how long but I'd be dating myself. But yes. Lol, there are guitarists on tym.